Start by marking “Secular Sabotage: How Liberals Are Destroying Religion and Culture in America” as Want to Read:
Secular Sabotage: How Liberals Are Destroying Religion and Culture in America

Secular Sabotage: How Liberals Are Destroying Religion and Culture in America

This assault is not happening from accident or whim. It is happening because disaffected liberals have deliberately set out to upend our Judeo-Christian traditions. Indeed, they are determined to tear down the traditional norms, values, and institutions that have been part of American society from its founding. The cultural debris that these saboteurs have created will tak ...more
Published September 2nd 2009 by FaithWords (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Secular Sabotage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secular Sabotage

Elliot Ratzman
Nov 30, 2013 Elliot Ratzman rated it did not like it
Donohue is the head of the Catholic League which I assumed was the ADL for Catholics. They rightly mobilize against anti-Catholic bigotry and Donohue narrates a number of outrageous incidents. They also mobilize against legislation, films, art exhibits and other moves in the culture that they perceive to be insulting to Catholicism as such—from abortion rights to Catholic and/or gay artists depicting Christian subjects in, well, artistic ways. I thought this book might shed some light on a serio ...more
Gef
Apr 09, 2010 Gef rated it it was ok
Considering I'm one of those godless heathens that Bill Donohue often rails against, my opinion on this book may not be well met among his fans. So, sufficed it say, I read the book and was disappointed at its approach to the perceived problem. Unfortunately, Donohue does little more than preach to the converted.
Winston
May 25, 2013 Winston rated it did not like it
I usually try to listen to audiobooks at least twice before making my opinion public. I am proud to say that I have indeed done so in this case. Kudos to Bill for seeing fit to grace us with a detailed dissertation in an interview. I found it quite enlightening. :)

Bill Donohue, an unabashed right-wing, Catholic ideologue, opens with headlines that are designed to make almost anyone cringe, but which upon further investigation reveal a diatribe reminiscent of a child's conniption fit.

Very early o
Emmy
Sep 16, 2014 Emmy rated it it was amazing
Normally, I'm not one to read books like this. Sociology is not personally my cup of tea, although when something catches my eye, I go for it. Now, I've been hearing good things about Bill Donohue for years, so I finally decided to check out one of his books and see what all the fuss was about. May I just say that this was an excellent book? It really was. I could not put it down! I was drawn right in, and spent many a sleepless night curled up in bed with this fascinating piece.

I'm sure that so
Don Weidinger
May 08, 2016 Don Weidinger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
stress virtues, 8 of 10 Christian, secular as termites, diversity or inclusion, dictatorship of relativism with no truths, Disney and Miramax bias, Hugo Black and kkk, don Brown controversy sparks sales, aclu rights from state and civil rights against Catholics, right law vs interpret, most molesters gay, no institution survives when termites welcomed, annihilate w/o blueprint of succession just destroy, militant atheism madness on steroids, multiculturalism errors, short power vacuums, thou sha ...more
Melissa
Jan 04, 2010 Melissa marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
This is still not received. I am thinking it will not be. Should it be, a review will be added.

Won on first reads. As the world lost a great lady when my wonderful friend, Ramona, just passed away, this review will serve for her, when it is received. She will be dearly missed and cancer will be cursed for taking her from us so young.
Heather
Nov 17, 2009 Heather marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this through First Reads. Woohoo! I think I want to make my husband read it too so we can argue, I mean debate, some of the ideas.

I'll post a review as soon as I've read it.

November 2009 - Still have not received the book. I can't review what I don't have!
David Smith
David Smith rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Winston
Winston rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2013
Melissa Shelton
Melissa Shelton rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2009
R Dunlap
R Dunlap rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2009
Nick
Nov 28, 2009 Nick marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on first reads, but have not received it. I am thinking I am not going to.
Zachary
Zachary rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2016
PJ
PJ rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2011
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Ken Roebuck
Ken Roebuck rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2011
Samantha
Samantha rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2012
Ramona
Dec 11, 2009 Ramona marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this on first reads. Please check my friend Melissa Murphy's review for this book.
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
David
David rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2015
Brian Morgan
Brian Morgan rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2009
Mischelle
Mischelle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2009
Rebecca MA
Rebecca MA marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2009
Erik
Erik marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2009
Dori
Dori added it
Sep 25, 2009
R.A. Holloway
R.A. Holloway is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2009
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2009
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2010
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2010
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2010
Fabs
Fabs is currently reading it
Dec 24, 2010
William
William marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2011
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2011
Peggy
Peggy added it
Jan 12, 2012
Tristan
Tristan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Thadeus
Thadeus marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
William Anthony "Bill" Donahue was born in 1947 in New York. He is a sociologist, civil activist and current president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights in the United States, a position he has held since 1993.
More about William A. Donohue...