Start by marking “Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James” as Want to Read:
Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James (Serendipity Scavenger Hunt #2)

London at Christmas...It's the perfect place for Kendra to spend lots of time alone with Frank. But then they find out their parents have planned another scavenger hunt, one that includes sights all over London, and this time there will be three little kids tagging along with them. Will they ever be alone? Will their parents ever start to treat them like adults?
Published August 1st 1999 by Perfection Learning (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Jordan
Nov 22, 2014 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read this book in a really long time. But I was privileged enough to get this book autographed by Paula Danziger herself. She came to visit my elementary school in the 4th grade. Her Amber Brown series was the first set up books I ever picked up on my own and read. I couldn't read until the 4th grade, so it was a big deal for me. After reading her books, I became an accelerated reader. The day she visited, she, my mother, and a few of the faculty went out to dinner. I thought that was ...more
Redfox5
Oct 04, 2016 Redfox5 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, teens, usa, england
Read a few of Danziger's books when I was a kid and always liked them but never read this one. This is actually a sequel to 'Remember Me to Harold Square' which I've never read but this works as a stand alone.

There are lots of things relevant in here that would appeal to a teen today, parents not letting you have enough space, falling out with a guy you like, your dad being disapproving about your clothes etc. And there are moments when if you happen to be an adult reader, you will remember s
Crowinator
Remember Me to Harold Square was one of my favorite novels growing up. Imagine my surprise when I learned that I had lived the whole rest of my childhood without realizing there was a sequel. So I got it from the library and read it in an hour or so and remembered why I loved the first one. This one isn't as funny (or punny) and sort of fell apart a little at the end, but I still enjoyed the low-stakes relationship drama, Kendra's worrying and wit, and the dynamic between bratty lovable OK and h ...more
Alisalias
This book taught me the correct pronunciation of Thames.
Emmaco
Jun 23, 2008 Emmaco rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I loved Remember me to Harold Square when I was young but only discovered this sequel recently! 15 year old Kendra returns in this book to go on a scavenger hunt in London. There are some family/boyfriend dramas, and jokes a plenty, but overall I admit I preferred the first book. Short but fun!
Lisa
Jun 02, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this when I was in middle school.

However, I struggled with remembering the title except that it contained "Thames"

All I remember that it was set in London, and a family set up a scavenger hunt all over London while a teenage girl struggles to find time with the guy she likes.

If I can remember those vague details even though the last time I read that book was 12 years ago, then it must have been a good book in a way.
Carol Hardesty
I think it was this book that made me want to travel to London. A lot of what I said about "Remember Me to Harold Square" is relevant here too, so I won't be repeating anything. I will say, however, that Ms. Danziger was just as capable of writing entertaining teen fiction as she was writing children's fiction.
Susan
Wow. Paula Danziger's books just get worse and worse. Her knowledge of teens is seriously dated. The predicaments in this book are trite and uninteresting.
Cindy May
previewing it before I give it to my 10 year old niece. cute book and nice story, lots of mentions about attractions in London, so you learn a bit about them too. will give it to my niece soon.
Annalisa
May 01, 2008 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as it's prequel "Remember Me To Harold Square" but still a great read.
Mariafernanda
I read this when I was like 12, good times :)
Jase
Re-read April 2013.
michelle
10/21/06
Stacey
How is there a sequel to one of my most-beloved 80s YA books, that I never read? I need to seek this out immediately.
Halli Lauren
This was definitely a guilty pleasure. I read it in like 2 hours. Super dumb, but fun to read if you want to give your brain a break.
Cathy Houston
A Kids story but it reminded me of all the great sights in London that I would love to visit again.
Juliet
Jan 15, 2010 Juliet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got some children's lit free, and this was from an author I remember reading, so thought I would read it. It was a nice story.
Doan
Doan rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2010
Corena
Corena rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Kylie
Kylie rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2008
Holly
Holly rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2008
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2008
Amanda Cresse
Amanda Cresse rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Nushrika
Nushrika rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2011
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2010
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2010
Thoff54
Thoff54 rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • Amalia: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #4)
  • Short Stories in Italian: New Penguin Parallel Texts
  • Booky: A trilogy
  • Pearl Harbor, 1941
  • Desire Lines
  • Girls in Peril: A Novella
  • Spying on Miss Muller
  • London Calling (Elizabeth, #2)
  • Hide and Seek
  • Three Lives to Live
  • For the Love of Venice
  • A Time Apart
  • Zink
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

Serendipity Scavenger Hunt (2 books)
  • Remember Me to Harold Square