Start by marking “Harvey” as Want to Read:
Harvey

Harvey

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Calvin Hubbard had what it took. Swagger. The voice. The star quality. He stole America's heart and walked away with the crown of Idol Search. Before the door could hit him on the ass, Calvin was dethroned--all because of a little extracurricular activity involving a female judge and a set of handcuffs. Now, he needs to record an album to avoid a lawsuit. His credibility a ...more
MP3 CD
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Harvey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvey

Rosanna Morris
If you read the synopsis of this book you just might get the notion that it concentrates a little heavily on some Idol star shenanigans.
Fear not, that is the past and the story takes place after those events.
Our anti hero, Calvin, escapes to the small town of Harvey to lick his wounds and get his music career back on track.
But like most small towns, nothing is ever as quaint and harmless as it seems. There's something strange going on in them there woods and there's some pretty strange people ha
Ash Morrigan
Horror just isn't my thing. I think Rossi did a good job of telling a Clive Barker-esque tale that was disturbing and creepy and wonderful, but when I express my dissatisfaction with the way the ending wrapped up... I think it has less to do with the quality of the story told and more to do with the kind stories that I enjoy. Because I really didn't like the ending. It left me annoyed.

That said, I was definitely reminded of Weaveworld (Barker) and Shade of the Tree (Anthony), both of which I enj
Ally
Singer Calvin Hubbard came to Harvey for the peace and quiet. He thought it would be the perfect place to clear his head and concentrate on his new album. However, not everything is as it seems, and the peaceful town of Harvey is about to turn into a horrific nightmare.

I found the plot to be a bit predictable, but overall this is a great story. Phil Rossi does a fantastic job of creating a dark and terrifying atmosphere for the listener. I also enjoyed some of the references to Crescent. It seem
Andrea
Phil's storytelling technique drags you right down into all of the dirty, frightening and magical action of Harvey. I was impressed at how different a story it was from Crescent and at the spin on a current popular monster that it took (at first, I groaned, ohhhh, not another ------ story), but he used history and folklore to create something completely his own.
Brian
Phil Rossi knows how to make sexy scary. Or is it scary sex?

Either way, his second novel takes us to more familiar territory, here on Earth, in Harvey, VA, where something horrible is going on and townspeople are going missing...and then coming back from the dead.

Not your usual zombie story and Rossi's style makes it shine (in a very dark way).
Renee
pretty good! nice and creepy. Sort of a strange reveal and I never really got much backstory about the source of the "evil" and where it originated from but it was still fun to follow along. It was nice and magical even though the magic was never explained :/
Tina
Harvey is a story about.. well.. a town. I really can't say much or else I'd give the plot away. Phil Rossi does a very good job of keeping the reader engaged in trying to find out who or what is causing the rising dead.
I LOVED this book! I listen to the audio book version at least once a month at work!
Thomas Roth
Interesting story. Heard via iTunes. I will never go in the woods alone again.
Kelly
I liked Crescent better, but will definitely be listening to more by Mr Rossi.
Joseph
Suspenseful and scary and I Loved it!
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Tristan
Tristan marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Amanda Farrah
Amanda Farrah marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Randi Sheinson
Randi Sheinson marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Peter Germany
Peter Germany marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Shawnda
Shawnda marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Phil Rossi--writer, a musician, and an embracer of "new media"--has a passion for story-telling matched only by the pleasure he derives from keeping his fans awake at night. Crescent, Rossi's debut novel, was originally released as a podcast in 2007 and has since lured 20,000 listeners into a dark, twisted world of nightmares and things that go bump in the night. Phil Rossi's writing has been para ...more
More about Phil Rossi...
Crescent Eden Notes from the Vault Frederic's Little Secret Summer Rental (Kindle Edition)