Start by marking “Harvey” as Want to Read:
Harvey

Harvey

Calvin Hubbard had what it took. Swagger. The voice. The star quality. He stole America's heart and walked away with the crown of Idol Search. Before the door could hit him on the ass, Calvin was dethroned--all because of a little extracurricular activity involving a female judge and a set of handcuffs. Now, he needs to record an album to avoid a lawsuit. His credibility a ...more
MP3 CD
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Harvey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvey

Heather
Jan 21, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Rosanna Morris
Nov 19, 2009 Rosanna Morris rated it it was amazing
If you read the synopsis of this book you just might get the notion that it concentrates a little heavily on some Idol star shenanigans.
Fear not, that is the past and the story takes place after those events.
Our anti hero, Calvin, escapes to the small town of Harvey to lick his wounds and get his music career back on track.
But like most small towns, nothing is ever as quaint and harmless as it seems. There's something strange going on in them there woods and there's some pretty strange people ha
Ash Morrigan
Jan 23, 2011 Ash Morrigan rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio
Horror just isn't my thing. I think Rossi did a good job of telling a Clive Barker-esque tale that was disturbing and creepy and wonderful, but when I express my dissatisfaction with the way the ending wrapped up... I think it has less to do with the quality of the story told and more to do with the kind stories that I enjoy. Because I really didn't like the ending. It left me annoyed.

That said, I was definitely reminded of Weaveworld (Barker) and Shade of the Tree (Anthony), both of which I enj
Ally
Dec 30, 2010 Ally rated it really liked it
Singer Calvin Hubbard came to Harvey for the peace and quiet. He thought it would be the perfect place to clear his head and concentrate on his new album. However, not everything is as it seems, and the peaceful town of Harvey is about to turn into a horrific nightmare.

I found the plot to be a bit predictable, but overall this is a great story. Phil Rossi does a fantastic job of creating a dark and terrifying atmosphere for the listener. I also enjoyed some of the references to Crescent. It seem
Andrea
Nov 20, 2014 Andrea rated it really liked it
Phil's storytelling technique drags you right down into all of the dirty, frightening and magical action of Harvey. I was impressed at how different a story it was from Crescent and at the spin on a current popular monster that it took (at first, I groaned, ohhhh, not another ------ story), but he used history and folklore to create something completely his own.
Brian
Jan 26, 2010 Brian rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, mystery
Phil Rossi knows how to make sexy scary. Or is it scary sex?

Either way, his second novel takes us to more familiar territory, here on Earth, in Harvey, VA, where something horrible is going on and townspeople are going missing...and then coming back from the dead.

Not your usual zombie story and Rossi's style makes it shine (in a very dark way).
Renee
Mar 25, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
pretty good! nice and creepy. Sort of a strange reveal and I never really got much backstory about the source of the "evil" and where it originated from but it was still fun to follow along. It was nice and magical even though the magic was never explained :/
Tina
Jan 21, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: podiobook
Harvey is a story about.. well.. a town. I really can't say much or else I'd give the plot away. Phil Rossi does a very good job of keeping the reader engaged in trying to find out who or what is causing the rising dead.
Dec 08, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! I listen to the audio book version at least once a month at work!
Thomas Roth
Feb 17, 2011 Thomas Roth rated it it was amazing
Interesting story. Heard via iTunes. I will never go in the woods alone again.
Kelly
Sep 17, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: podcasts
I liked Crescent better, but will definitely be listening to more by Mr Rossi.
Joseph
May 10, 2012 Joseph rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful and scary and I Loved it!
Emmy
Emmy marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Tanmay
Tanmay is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2016
Joseph Hallett
Joseph Hallett rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Wayne
Wayne rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Robbie Mau
Robbie Mau rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Edgar
Edgar rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Mimi
Mimi rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Jeremiah Marsh
Jeremiah Marsh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Ryan Stone
Ryan Stone rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Phil
Phil rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Mads
Mads rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Matt Reeks
Matt Reeks rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Phil Rossi--writer, a musician, and an embracer of "new media"--has a passion for story-telling matched only by the pleasure he derives from keeping his fans awake at night. Crescent, Rossi's debut novel, was originally released as a podcast in 2007 and has since lured 20,000 listeners into a dark, twisted world of nightmares and things that go bump in the night. Phil Rossi's writing has been para ...more
More about Phil Rossi...