Start by marking “Slaughter in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #6)” as Want to Read:
Slaughter in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #6)

Slaughter in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne #6)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Thea throws herself into house-sitting for Babs and Cedric Angell in Lower Slaughter following her beloved father s death anything to keep her busy and away from some of her rather difficult relatives. And while feeling lonely, keeping the house in order and looking after the Angell s menagerie of animals does the trick for a short period of time.But when Thea s prickly el ...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Allison & Busby

To ask other readers questions about Slaughter in the Cotswolds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slaughter in the Cotswolds

Alison C
Slaughter in the Cotswolds is the sixth in the series by Rebecca Tope, one that I liked a little more than some of the others I've read. Thea Osborne's father has just died and she, along with her older brother, two sisters and mother are mourning his loss; but Thea is committed to a house-sitting job in Lower Slaughter, another picturesque village in the Cotswolds, this time for two weeks and with the charge of caring for a parrot, two dogs, a bunch of cats and a family of ferrets. Her older si ...more
Kim
I bought this book in Lower Slaughter - the village that it takes place in - while we were on our trip to England, so I was predisposed to love it. I did like it, but not as much as I had hoped. Too much angst and not enough Cotswold charm for me.
Linda
This is definitely not the first book in this series, but it is the first one I have read. It appears many people do not care for the characters in this book and the way it is written. I have to disagree. I really appreciate the
non-perfectness of many of the characters. It is also not a perfect murder mystery and it does not have to
be. I read a lot of books and mostly the people in them act in ways that you would want them to, with consistent
values and thoughts. I think this book is written from
Karen wadey
Quite a good storyline but the characters are very annoying especially the lead Thea Osbourne. She acts as if she is in her 70's or 80's not 40 something. If she was wearing a twin set and pearls with a floral skirt I wouldn't be surprised.I'm in my 50's and I hate the stereotypical middle aged woman image, she needs to man up!!!
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a fine book as a murder mystery in the Cotswold section of the U.K. It was more about inter-personal issues than the murder in my opinion.

As, Thea, the sleuth works out her own personal issues her elder sister arrives and Thea gets involved in a local crime. From the beginning I could tell that the Sister was more involved than we were supposed to think.

I'm not liking 'Thea' as well as I did in the beginning of the series. That is uncomfortable for me. The book is well crafted and writt
Karen Smith
Another good read
Sharon
Jun 06, 2012 Sharon rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no-one
Recommended to Sharon by: no-one - read because I've enjoyed some of her other books
Shelves: crime-thrillers
I have read books in this series before and enjoyed them. This was ok, but took a long time to reach its conclusion and rather unsavoury characters.

I won't say any more, as I'll give away the plot and part of the storyline but I was unsatisfied with the handling of certain aspects of the story and some parts were not explained well.

Trisha Jones
I love the Cotswolds area of England so I read this book hoping it would have descriptions of the medieval towns and countryside...it delivered. I like a continuing character also...meet Thea Osborne. The book reminds me of Phillip Craig's Vineyard mystery series. I enjoyed them too.
Nina Levison
Another good mystery story by Rebecca Tope. This one surprised me, as I hadn't worked out who the killer was until near to the end. I did think Thea's house-sitting and relationship with Phil were both becoming rather tedious. Despite this, I still enjoyed the story.
Ceri
Another good read. I still find Thea a bit annoying, they are very slightly implausible .... what thriller isn't really? But a good quick read.
Jacque
One of the best I've read from Rebecca Tope. Have 4 more in the shelf to read. I've enjoyed reading stories from familiar places.
Ann
I purchased this book from a little shop in Lower Slaughter on a visit to the Cotswolds, so it added a little atmosphere to the trip.
Eileen
Found the story line very lame - not sure I would read anymore if her books unless I saw a really good review on one
Debbie
An easy read, a weak story line but a pleasant glimpse at Cotswold life.
John
I liked the twist at the end but the story was a little mundane on the whole
Joanna Warrens
Loved this one...it was focused on the main character of Thea which I liked.
Linda Badcock
Readable, but just too many loose ends.
MSCOZY
MSCOZY marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Flo
Flo marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Helen
Helen added it
Jun 29, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Jaine
Jaine marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 29, 2015
  • Bad Friends. Claire Seeber
  • Death Watch (DI Peter Shaw & DS George Valentine, #2)
  • A Word After Dying (Mitchell and Markby, #10)
  • The Bad Mother
  • Forbidden Ground (Cold Creek, #2)
  • Danger in Plain Sight (Amish Suspense, #3)
  • October Skies
  • Cry Baby
  • Do Not Disturb (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #2)
  • Sheer Folly (Daisy Dalrymple, #18)
  • Poison Town (The Crittendon Files #2)
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth, #9)
  • The Salem Witch Society
Rebecca Tope grew up on a farm and has held a wide variety of jobs, such as pre-natal instructor, marriage counselor, and funeral director, all of which have taught her a great deal about human nature. In 1992, she founded Praxis Books, a small British press.
More about Rebecca Tope...

Thea Osborne (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Cotswold Killing (Thea Osborne, #1)
  • A Cotswold Ordeal (Thea Osborne, #2)
  • Death in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #3)
  • A Cotswold Mystery (Thea Osborne, #4)
  • Blood in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #5)
  • Fear in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #7)
  • A Grave in the Cotswolds (Drew Slocombe, #5; Thea Osborne, #8)
  • Deception in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #9)
  • Malice in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #10)
  • Shadows in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #11)
A Cotswold Killing (Thea Osborne, #1) A Cotswold Mystery (Thea Osborne, #4) A Cotswold Ordeal (Thea Osborne, #2) Death in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #3) Blood in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #5)