Start by marking “Ginger High” as Want to Read:

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Since 1901, there have been many unexplained deaths at Ginger High, a school for students with special powers. Daisy, a girl with mystical gifts, her friends and others from an alternate reality help solve the mystery.
Published May 15th 2009 by Infinity Publishing (PA)

To ask other readers questions about Ginger High, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ginger High

Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerMarked by P.C. CastCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareBlue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Best Teen Vampire Fiction
132nd out of 288 books — 4,398 voters
Thirsty by M.T. AndersonNever Bite a Boy on the First Date by Tamara SummersDead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisFang Girl by Helen KeebleVamped by Lucienne Diver
11th out of 12 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

How to put this nicely... I did not enjoy this book. My husband was ready to kill me because I kept on reading paragraphs out loud and saying "What????". And he was EVEN more surprised when I actually finished it. And this is why:

I'm breaking it down to really explain what is wrong with this book...

The characters are bland, often described only by name or as their gender. At times, you're not even sure who the adults are and who the kids are - because there is a severe lack of characterization i
BY: Melissa Burmester
ISBN: 0-7414-5363-0
Ages: teen & up
Reviewed by Billy Burgess

Growing up in the 90’s, I was a big fan of teen horror novels - Christopher Pike, R.L. Stine and Lois Duncan were some of my favorite authors. The teen horror/thriller trend has died down, except for the ones where vampires sparkle. I found Ginger High a breath of fresh air. Teen girls will easily connect with the main character, Daisy - a sma
Tina Evans
I was hesitant when I asked to review Ginger High. I had never reviewed Young Adult fiction, nor had I reviewed an author as young as Melissa Burmeister.

However, to my delight Melissa Burmeister is a remarkable young author. She has brought to life a school filled with colorful characters, mystery, murder and the paranormal with a talent usually seen by much more experienced authors of this genre.

I had so many ‘Oh My Gosh moments’ and ‘I didn’t see that coming’ moments that I quickly got swept a
Ginger High is a school unlike any other. The students are from another universe and possess powers beyond your wildest imaginations. Someone is using their powers for evil and this person is not afraid to kill. Several unexplained deaths cause some of the students to follow the clues and find out who is doing this before it's too late.

This is the author's first book and I'm so excited to see what she publishes next. The author is able to capture your attention and keep it page after page.
After the suspicious destruction of her normal high school, Daisy Fisher gets transferred to Ginger High, a school for students for special powers. But Daisy doesn't quite fit in, as she hasn't discovered her powers yet, which isn’t good, because “normals” who find out about the secret of Animist (a parallel universe full of supernatural creatures) have to be disposed of. To top that off, students are being attacked, and a war’s breaking out in Animist. Throw in a cute, mysterious boy who’s got ...more
Wendy Hines
Daisy Fisher is a normal freshman teenager. She enjoys spending time with her friends, shopping, and boys. But, all that changes the day her school burns down. Her parents enroll her at Ginger High and not everything appears as it seems.

Amanta Cortes and Matthias Achilles attended Ginger High years ago. Upon graduation they were told to return to their own kingdom, Animist, a parallel universe. When they left Ginger High, girls had been murdered with no culprit found, and now again years later,
As a freshman in High school, Daisy Fisher was surprised to be paired with a senior during in-school detention. Befriending Fredrick Ramsey changed her life, first she witnessed his part in the school burning down, then she finds that he would be attending the same school as her. Mixed feelings and thoughts about him and many of her new friends at Ginger High are compounded with the new understanding that everyone at this new school has special powers. When several deaths occur shortly after her ...more
Ginger High is no ordinary school. It is a school for students with special powers. Many years ago people came to Earth from the Kingdom of Animist, a parallel universe. Two long time friends, Matthias and Amanta, attended the school and then returned home to Animist. The school has had many unexplained deaths. Daisy Fisher attends the school after her old school burns down. Matthias and Amanta are called back to the school to help solve the mysteries. What are powers? And what is with this craz ...more
This review was originally posted on my review blog : Falling Off The Shelf.

Ginger High is for special students. These students have an array of talents that no normal person is bestowed. People with these talents descended from a parallel universe called Animist, although some are unaware that is truly where they are from. When unexplained deaths start occuring at Ginger High, two long time friends, Matthias and Amanta return to Ginger High to help solve the mysteries.

Daisy Fisher is a young st
In a school where the students have special powers, unexplained deaths are popping up around Ginger High. All of the victims have bite marks on their necks. After having to back to their parallel, supernatural world of Animist, supernatural beings, Matthias, Taeru, and Amanta, are brought back to help solve the mysterious deaths. After her old school burns down, Daisy Fisher starts at Ginger. As if learning to control her newfound supernatural powers wasn’t enough, she discovers a deep, family s ...more
The novel begins in 1901 where a series of murders take place. All of the victims have bite marks on their necks. Could it be vampires? The story jumps forward to modern days and focuses on teen Daisy Fisher. After her school is burnt down, Daisy is sent to a new school in New York. Ginger High is a private school for students with extraordinary powers and abilities. She befriends some of the students who can teleport, heal others, and create fire. She soon finds out that people came to Earth fr ...more
The blurb:
Ginger High is no ordinary school. It is a school for students with "special powers." Many years ago people came to Earth from the kingdom of Animist, a parallel universe. Two longtime friends, Matthias and Amanta, attended the school and then returned home to Animist.

The school has had many unexplained deaths. Daisy Fisher attends the school after her old school to help solve the mysteries. What are powers? And what is with the crazy school? Welcome to Ginger High!

Ginger High i
Autumn Erwin
in ginger high,daisy fishers school burns down and she has to go to the exclusive ginger high, a high school she finds out for people with powers. when girls start to be murdered she doesn't know what to do.

tihs book was better than i thought it was going to be. i read it in 2 days. but i did think people were kind of mellow for some things where i would think they would be freaking out.all in all it was worth the time. if there is a second book i will read it.
also i got this book from goodreads
Ellen Maze
Aug 30, 2010 Ellen Maze rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA vampire fans, teens who like paranormal
I happened upon this book while trolling another web site and wanted to put in my two cents.

I am taking into account the age of the author and saying WELL DONE! You have a very developed sense of imagination and creativity. I believe you could be a bestselling author if you keep working at it. This is an excellently constructed novel for someone your age.

I wish you great success,

Ellen C Maze
Bestselling author of unique vampire fiction
* I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads *

(More like 3.5 stars.....)
I thought this was a good book for a quick read. I felt the plot was a bit choppy and the characters could have used a little more development but I really enjoyed the idea of the story. I feel like the author has a lot of potential and I look forward to reading more of her work in the future!
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Angelia marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2015
Nessa marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Susan Johnston
Susan Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Corey marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Jossette marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Lloraine Roma
Lloraine Roma marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Cheyenne Shields
Cheyenne Shields marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Rachel Beffa
Rachel Beffa marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Mary marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Daemon Eyes (Daemons, Inc., #1 & #2)
  • Loups-Garous (Novel)
  • Headstone City
  • Saiyuki Reload Volume 1
  • Plague of Spells (Forgotten Realms: Abolethic Sovereignty, #1)
  • Water Witch
  • This.: A Vampire Cure for Forever
  • Spera Volume 2
  • The Kiss of Death (My Swordhand is Singing, #2)
  • Nyx: Wannabe
  • Shadowland (Brotherhood of the Conch, #3)
  • Blood Brothers
  • Angels of the Deep
  • Star Trek: The New Voyages (Star Trek Adventures, #2)
  • My So-Called Haunting (Afterlife, #2)
  • She Thief
  • Pennies for the Ferryman (Dead Eye #1)
  • Guarding the Vampire's Ghost (Green's Hill, #3)