Start by marking “The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today” as Want to Read:
The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today

The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Now can you become a more successful manager, a stronger team leader, and a motivator who gets the best results from a group? Ken Blanchard and Marc Muchnick's The Leadership Pill provides the answer. In the bestselling tradition of Whale Done! and The One Minute Manager, their entertaining and inspiring new book is a parable about the competition between two leaders with ...more
Published (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Leadership Pill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leadership Pill

usedbooks_uae
ذكرني بكتاب من الذي حرك قطعة الجبن الخاصة بي؟
في المجمل هو كتاب ممتع وسهل القراءة عبارة عن حكاية رمزية طريفة تلقي الضوء على حاجة المؤسسات والشركات إلى قادة يظهرون نزاهتهم وصدقهم، ويهيئون ظروفا تسودها ثقافة المشاركة، ويؤكدون شعور مرؤوسيهم بتقدير الذات بإعلامهم بمدى أهمية ما يقومون به. ويؤكد الكتاب أنك عندما تنسجم مع ما يريده الموظفون حقا، فبإمكانك أن تتفوق في الأداء على الآخرين.
الوصفة الفعالة للقيادة المؤثرة وهي ما سماه المؤلف بالمزيج السري تتكون من: الاستقامة، المشاركة والإقرار بالإنجاز
Matt Burgess
The Leadership Pill: The Missing Ingredient in Motivating People Today (2003), Ken Blanchard, Mike Muchnick

The Leadership Pill is a quick read in the form of a metaphor. In it, Blanchard and Muchnick contrast two styles of leadership by giving one group a special leadership pill. The story is slightly redundant in making the distinction between the two leadership styles found in the two groups and is a little corny with the "pill". Basically, it boils down to what I call the "old" versus "new" m
Surya Teja
The book name attracts a bit and then the statement "leadership qualities are increased using the Leadership pill". That gives some interest about what is in the pill. But after sometime, it is stated that the pill is defective. Here the story turns to a different set. The Effective leader turns to a pill free challenge and then he starts on that by his own way.

Book is about how to maintain motivation by being a leader. As most of the reviews the book is about how a manager have to be with his
Krishna Kumar
Very corny and condescending. However, it does have some good points summarized in the last pages. Go to the library and read them instead of buying this book.
Le Nguyen
Inspirational & Appealing, this is an extremely appropriate book for me to adopt horizontal leadership in my current organization. A Must read for leaders
Michelle
A fictional tale of a magical Leadership Pill Versus a real Effective Leader, the outcome of the book is of course predetermined, but what you can learn from this book is not.

Although I admit I wouldn't buy a copy of this book and put it on my shelf but if you like me you happen across it in a library then do take a chance on it.

Yes the writing style is old and comes across a little cheesy but hey so does Abba this shouldn't stop you enjoying yourself!

It's a fast read and a friendly introduction
Jacqueline
Some good pointers but it generally seemed like common sense.
Joe Anderson
Lame story, okay on principle.
Geoff
First off this is no "Who moved my cheese."

The story is very thin and the lessons are rather simplistic. The book is more about how a manager should behave than how to actually manage people. In addition, the book references some of his other books including Gung-Ho and Ravening Fans. Think of this book as a "back to basics" rather than a new management style.

I preferred The One-Minute-Manager to this book. However, if you are looking for some general tips you may want to check it out.
David
One of the key messages is something I intend to put into everyday use; showing appreciation. As leaders, heck, as people, we simply don't do enough of this. This is so easy and so powerful. I simply wonder why we don't? It might be that we just don't understand the impact of a simple, "thank you" or "much appreciated" for all the little things, caring things, we experience throughout our days.
David Oldham
Not too inspiring, really quick read though.
Greg
This book comes across as something an employee would write about what he/she thinks his manager or boss should be like. If only things really worked that way in the real world. Sometimes you don't have time to give people warm, fuzzy feelings and it's just time to get stuff done. The plus side of this book was that it was such a short read.
Edwin B
Another book that validates my preferred management style of valuing the people (the employees and the customers), and not just narrowly-focusing on the bottom-line (profits). Short but sweet in the delivery of its message (through the telling of a tale), but also fairy-tailish.
Andrea O'Donnell
If you were raised by a halfway decent company (I was brought up through the ranks at Starbucks) then this is completely pointless to read. And, it all seems like common sense in today's landscape. Out-of-date and redundant.
Anne Lund
Had to read it for work. I was confused at first but then understood what was going on. A quick read with great recipe for successful leadership. I thought it could have a little more depth though.
Alissa
at just over one hour this was a great, inspirational leadership book. I enjoy Blanchard's parable style of writing. And the narrator of the audio was quite good.
Angela Snook
This book has a pretty good meaning behind it, but staying focused was hard the book wasn't very good. I want a great book when trying to become a better leader.
Jennifer Parker
Thought this story brought a new perspective on how to look at some qualities needed in a leadership role. That as well as had some good qutoes shared.
Joe O'c
Excellent; parable on leadership, focusing on three indgredients: integrity, partnership, affirmation - which you can't get from a "pill"
Dan
Quick read discussing the value of integrity, partnership, and affirmation. Easy read because it is based within a fictional story.
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another great Kenneth Blanchard book. Could be a great book to motivate self and others with!
Mr. Z
Blanchard always has valuable insights about some of the key principles of leadership.
Shonna Froebel
Read in half an hour.
Very light, could have been a ten page (or less) magazine article.
Bruce Flanagan
Classic book, Ken is a very inspiring leader worth reading all his books
Hannele
A very quick read. Typical leadership lessons in a concise form.
Ed
A good short easy read to 'start' to change a person leadership.
Daria Vinogradova
Once again, great, fast read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Leadership Gold: Lessons I've Learned from a Lifetime of Leading
  • The 5 Patterns of Extraordinary Careers : The Guide for Achieving Success and Satisfaction (Crown Business Briefings)
  • Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth: The 8 Secrets of How 5,000 Ordinary Americans Became Successful Investors--and How You Can Too
  • Leaders: Strategies for Taking Charge
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • 100 Ways to Motivate Others: How Great Leaders Can Produce Insane Results Without Driving People Crazy
  • Leading Minds: An Anatomy Of Leadership
  • One Minute For Yourself (One Minute Manager)
  • You Don't Need a Title to Be a Leader: How Anyone, Anywhere, Can Make a Positive Difference
  • The 11 Laws of Likability: Relationship Networking . . . Because People Do Business with People They Like
  • The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High-Performance Organization
  • Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
  • Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • The Power of Internal Martial Arts: Combat Secrets of Ba Gua, Tai Chi, and Hsing-I
  • Say It Right the First Time
  • Moments of Truth
  • The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
  • Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...
The One Minute Manager Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service Gung Ho! Whale Done!: The Power of Positive Relationships Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership