29 and Counting: A Chick's Guide to Turning 30 a Chick's Guide to Turning 30

29 and Counting: A Chick's Guide to Turning 30 a Chick's Guide to Turning 30

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Just when a woman's learned how to wind her way through a life of temp jobs and commitment-phobic boyfriends, she has to face the biggest nightmare yet - turning 30. This book presents the author's experience and those of other women.
Published June 11th 1998 by McGraw-Hill

Elizabeth
Dec 05, 2008 Elizabeth is currently reading it
not to be hung up on age or anything, but i couldn't resist this under $1.00 at the used bookstore. a lot of it is just cheesy, but there are some messages that resonate. definitely would never have paid full price!
Kirsten
I really enjoyed this book. I've been kinda freaking out about turning 30, and this book helped calm my fears. The book is about 15 years old so a lot of the cultural references are out of date, but that doesn't hurt the overall message. I definitely recommend it for any girl struggling with turning 30!
Jennie Whitacre
Turning 30 wasn't a big deal to me but a friend got this for me a few months before the big day as a gag. Fun light silly read, especially in light of the big tragedy that is made out of women turning 30.
Heidi
Not a book to be taken seriously. The author does illustrate some key issues and thoughts going through every 29 year old's mind. Not great, just something to read and pass the time.
Libby
Eh. I made it to 30, and life seems okay. This is a fun little book if you are worried about turning 30. Lot's of lists - and I love lists. So far, 30 isn't bad!
Anita Smith
LOVED LOVED LOVED this! Can't wait to turn 30 and get my awesome on. :-)
Samantha
I am really trying to avoid reading this one, but it is inevitable!!!
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Kellie
Kellie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Lupe
Lupe is currently reading it
Mar 24, 2014
Kristin Leeder
Kristin Leeder marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Terry May
Terry May marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
R Fuhs
R Fuhs marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
April
April added it
Apr 21, 2013
Jennie
Jennie added it
Apr 04, 2013
Lauren Foster
Lauren Foster marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Dawn
Dawn added it
Feb 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Mommy Yoga: The 50 Stretches of Motherhood Attack Of The Toddlers!: Further Adventures On Planet Parenthood Planet Parenthood: Adapting to Your New Life-Form 29 and Counting: A Chick's Guide to Turning 30 Knirpse im Anmarsch. Das tägliche Chaos mit kleinen Kindern.

“...having a list is all peaches and cream, as long as you remember that life usually gets in the way.” 1 likes
“I loved this-living as part of a community...Short of living on a commune, how could I import the feeling of belonging somewhere back into my own life? Quite simply, I could move back to California, where my family and oldest friends were. If I loved the city life but didn't fancy living across the country from everyone I loved, why not San Francisco? I wanted a life, and I no longer really equated life with work.” 1 likes