Start by marking “Alfred Hitchcock Presents: 16 Skeletons From My Closet ” as Want to Read:
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: 16 Skeletons From My Closet

Alfred Hitchcock Presents: 16 Skeletons From My Closet

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Published March 1963 by Dell Publishing (first published January 1st 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Alfred Hitchcock Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Heath Lowrance
Published in 1963, this one has stories dating from 1956 to 1961. All of them seem to have first appeared in AHMM or to have been commissioned especially for this anthology. Lots of great names in this one, so expectations are high…
First up is “Ghost Story”, from Henry Kane, in which his noted P.I. character Pete Chambers unearths an old crime when it appears a ghost is taking retribution against the family members who killed him. James Holding’s “Where is Thy Sting?” is a fun but goofy story ab
Kavita
As Alfred Hitchcock says, "It seems to me that when our century was newer the crime would not have happened in so pedestrian a manner. I very much doubt a pistol would have been used, since a pistol is decidedly not a woman's weapon, as so many mystery writers have been quick to point out for so many satisfying years. Perhaps a rolling-pin, a jungle knife brought back from the Amazon country years ago by the original owner who had traveled with Theodore Roosevelt, a dose of poison in the soup, a ...more
Ceejay
Here's another collection of stories from A. Hitchcock. They are all from the late 50's to early 60's.These anthologies are always a good read.So if, like me, you find a copy of this at a local book sale or used book store, jump in, buy it, and enjoy 16 quick mysteries!
Josh
This book was good. My favorite story was The Crime Machine. That story was perfect. 6/5. But a lot of the other stories were not even close to the quality of that so over all 3.75 but mainly for the story "The Crime Machine". It was just that wonderful. It was brilliant The book fell apart in my hand though. Turns out that happens a lot.
Bunny
This was actually a pretty good collection of stories. A few of them had boring endings, but so many had good twists, it was hard to complain.

I am annoyed, however, that this book fell apart in my hands as I was reading it. So, I guess that was the first and last time.
Laura Buechler
It's true what they say: scary stuff from Way Back When ain't quite as scary now. That said, there are a few chills and thrills in this book, and it's kind of fun and interesting to get in the Wayback machine and pretend.
Rubi
Una buena selección de historias, realizada por Hitchcock. En general, no tienen desperdicio.
Neeleshvengurlekar
Neeleshvengurlekar marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Brian Beatty
Brian Beatty marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Elle Butantan
Elle Butantan marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Nika Won
Nika Won marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Rosi Nikolova
Rosi Nikolova marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
James
James marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Evans Light
Evans Light marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Steve
Steve added it
Jan 02, 2015
Rimal Bhat
Rimal Bhat marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Gothsparkleprincess
Gothsparkleprincess marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sir Alfred Joseph Hitchcock KBE was an iconic and highly influential film director and producer, who pioneered many techniques in the suspense and thriller genres.

Following a very substantial career in his native Britain in both silent films and talkies, Hitchcock moved to Hollywood and became an American citizen with dual nationality in 1956, thus he also remained a British subject.

Hitchcock dire
More about Alfred Hitchcock...
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Stories That Scared Even Me Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Stories for Late at Night Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Stories Not for the Nervous Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense The Best of Mystery: 63 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense