Start by marking “The Window” as Want to Read:
The Window

The Window (Point Horror)

Cooped up in her cabin with a sprained ankle, Jody spends her ski vacation peeking through her window at the activity next door, and realizes too late that she has witnessed the murder of the most popular girl in school.
Published January 1st 1992 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Window, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Window

Sati Marie Frost
Okay, so it's a total ripoff of Rear Window. At least it's a fairly good ripoff. Jody has gone skiing with a bunch of kids she doesn't know, since she was invited by a friend who's now stuck at home with flu. (Does this really happen? If the only person I knew on a trip had to cancel, I'd likely cancel too, particularly if everyone else knew each other and I hadn't invested any money in it. Not to mention the fact that my parents would have been iffy about me going away with a bunch of strangers ...more
Trisha
Feb 21, 2011 Trisha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes 'fluffy' YA murder mystery
EDIT 2: Okay, so I got through this latest reread and I really did enjoy the book again. But probably not as much as THE LIFEGUARD, the one I re-read before this one. It's certainly got nice man meat to keep the teens occupied, but in my warped mind apparently nobody can compare to Neale Connell. Hehe. Still, it's a cool and creepy mystery, and I like the main character Jody.

Often when I'm reading these books, I'm thinking of how they could be expanded into a "proper" full length novel, really e
Michelle Toy
4 out of 5 Point Horror Book Stars!

(I rate these books compared to other Point Horror Books Only)

I read this as part of the #pointhorrorbookclub that I run monthly!

You can read the post here http://talesofyesterday.co.uk/2016/01...

This is more of a discussion than a review with highlighted areas of the book and has a comedy feel to the discussion to. Please be aware that as this is a discussion there will be spoilers.

Want to know more about #pointhorrorbookclub - check this out http://talesofye
Rebecca McNutt
Somewhat better than the usual Point Horror novel, The Window is a fictional thriller about a girl who witnesses a murder and has to deal with the consequences. The writing style was kind of choppy but the story was good, albeit not the most original.
Krissy
Mar 20, 2011 Krissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorite books as a teen; read it 100 times or more.
Stacy Simpson
Mar 06, 2017 Stacy Simpson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was yet another book I had read when I was a teenager and just picked it up again. I'm not sure why I kept it I hate skiing and cold.

Story dragged the characters weren't very well done. I will be giving this to brad to sell.
Brylee Braithwaite
Paul Kim
Dec 20, 2014 Paul Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carol-ellis
A decent book with an interesting premise. However I heard this premise is a rip off of the film Rear Window but I never watched it so I can't make comparisons between them. However, the biggest problem I have this book is the fact that it can be slow due to less action or how after the first couple of pages the "scary" parts begin.

The first couple of pages seem to point out the red herrings with character's feelings shown or their comments toward one person they hate. I still appreciate this b
Caroline Bennett
Tara Calaby
Aug 09, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it
This is obviously 'inspired' by Rear Window, but I didn't mind, because it works well as a teen thriller on its own merits. I definitely think it's one of the best Point Horror books I've read in adulthood. Okay, that's not necessarily saying much, but I found this a genuinely entertaining read, which kept me guessing whodunnit until the reveal.

[re-read, previously read in the early 90s]
Felicity
This was a quick read which is perfect for young adults! Jodie has gone on a skiing holiday with a bunch of people she doesn't know as her friend Kate who was meant to be coming has flu. Unfortunately Jodie sprains her ankle which means she is cooped up in the chalet all day. She then sees a horrific incident which escalates in to her being in danger!

An easy, gripping and reasonably well written young adults book. The characters are well drawn and it keeps you guessing until the end.
Aroua
Dec 22, 2014 Aroua rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Les livres d'horreur ne sont pas vraiment ma tasse de thé :) Celui-là, tout en me rappelant les Agatha Christie,reste plus ou moins superficiel au niveau de l'analyse et la description de l'évolution des personnages surtout...Ceci dit,c'est une sorte de rupture avec ce je lis d'habitude et le changement a généralement ses bienfaits :)
Paula Brandon
Oct 25, 2016 Paula Brandon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved, loved this when I was a tweenager. After I read it, I got all the adults in my family to read it as well! None of them picked the killer. Carol Ellis gave everybody a motive for murder, so it was totally a guessing game! I also liked how Leahna got to show her humane side through Jody's eyes.
Leslie Olson
May 25, 2016 Leslie Olson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Overall, it was pretty good. Took me a bit to get into it but then I started wondering what was happening next, then I didn't want to put it down. I would read this again & recommend this book to others.
Lynn
Dec 18, 2011 Lynn rated it did not like it
You are so not Rear Window.
Shay
Feb 11, 2012 Shay rated it it was amazing
I used to own this book when i was younger, I read it like 50 times, it was one of my favorites!
Karina Almeroth
I have about two thousand of these Point Thrillers, Christopher Pikes, and R.L. Stines to enter into Goodreads. Fun!!!!
Mariya Kamran
Jan 24, 2014 Mariya Kamran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book and the location, killers are usually unexpected.
Oct 28, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one. I don't care if it's a rip off of another book, it was still really good.
Milky
Good short read :)
Rachel
May 19, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book when I was a kid. No idea how many times I read it... And yes, being older I realise it was a kidsy rip off of Rear Window. But who cares, it was awesome.
Tia
Aug 06, 2014 Tia rated it it was ok
Not exciting and character development is non existant.
Stefanie
A bit slow but not bad.
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
Shraddha Saraf
Shraddha Saraf rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2017
AmeliaMLeonard
AmeliaMLeonard rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Jennifer Hillier
Jennifer Hillier rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2011
Charlotte Bird
Charlotte Bird rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Kyra
Kyra rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Mini
Mini rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2010
  • The Fever
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • The Perfume
  • Amnesia
  • The Ripper
  • The Watcher
  • The Phantom

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Party Line
  • Prom Dress
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)