Start by marking “The Window” as Want to Read:
The Window

The Window (Point Horror)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  191 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Cooped up in her cabin with a sprained ankle, Jody spends her ski vacation peeking through her window at the activity next door, and realizes too late that she has witnessed the murder of the most popular girl in school.
Published January 1st 1992 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Window, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Window

Sati Marie Frost
Okay, so it's a total ripoff of Rear Window. At least it's a fairly good ripoff. Jody has gone skiing with a bunch of kids she doesn't know, since she was invited by a friend who's now stuck at home with flu. (Does this really happen? If the only person I knew on a trip had to cancel, I'd likely cancel too, particularly if everyone else knew each other and I hadn't invested any money in it. Not to mention the fact that my parents would have been iffy about me going away with a bunch of strangers...more
Trisha
Dec 19, 2011 Trisha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes 'fluffy' YA murder mystery
EDIT 2: Okay, so I got through this latest reread and I really did enjoy the book again. But probably not as much as THE LIFEGUARD, the one I re-read before this one. It's certainly got nice man meat to keep the teens occupied, but in my warped mind apparently nobody can compare to Neale Connell. Hehe. Still, it's a cool and creepy mystery, and I like the main character Jody.

Often when I'm reading these books, I'm thinking of how they could be expanded into a "proper" full length novel, really e...more
Not a bad book, but the plot is, as Sati says in her view, a ripoff of Rear Window.

I enjoyed following and relating to Joey's character - learning about the strangers she visited the ski resort with. The culprit in the story was not whom I had expected, as Ellis had me guessing about everyone at some point or another, even (view spoiler)! Yet the culprit also made sense.

Although tense and a little chilling at times - imagining the killer spottin...more
Krissy
This was one of my favorite books as a teen; read it 100 times or more.
Tia
Not exciting and character development is non existant.
Mariya Kamran
Loved the book and the location, killers are usually unexpected.
Rachel
I loved this book when I was a kid. No idea how many times I read it... And yes, being older I realise it was a kidsy rip off of Rear Window. But who cares, it was awesome.
Pinky222 Almeroth
I have about two thousand of these Point Thrillers, Christopher Pikes, and R.L. Stines to enter into Goodreads. Fun!!!!
Shay
I used to own this book when i was younger, I read it like 50 times, it was one of my favorites!
I loved this one. I don't care if it's a rip off of another book, it was still really good.
Stefanie
A bit slow but not bad.
Lynn
You are so not Rear Window.
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Marium Hayat
Marium Hayat marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Sparrow
Sparrow marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Autumn Rose
Autumn Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Fever
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Mother's Helper (Point Horror, #14)
  • Dream Date
  • The Perfume
  • The Hitchhiker
  • Prom Dress
My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4) Camp Fear The Case of Camp Crooked Lake (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, #30) The Body Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)