Start by marking “A Long, Hard Ride (From 0-60 #1)” as Want to Read:
A Long, Hard Ride (From 0-60 #1)

A Long, Hard Ride (From 0-60 #1)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Cardin Worth is ready to tune up her engine—with Trey, her former crush! However, he's a Davis—one of her car-racing family's bitter rivals. But she might be able to create peace, and also get some sizzling sex on the side...

...if Trey pretends to be her fiancé, that is!

Having a little fun on those steamy Southern nights seems like a great idea. Just to patch up the feud,
ebook, Halrequin Blaze #453, 211 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about A Long, Hard Ride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Long, Hard Ride

Shawna
3 ½ stars – Contemporary Romance

I totally picked up this HQ Blaze because of the hot stud with a killer body and sexy grease smudges on the cover, but it turned out to be a pretty steamy, sweet contemporary romance and a fun, quick read.

Race car mechanic/driver Trey “Whip” Davis returns to his hometown of Dahlia, Tennessee to put his dad’s racing business affairs in order, reunites with his high school crush Cardin Worth, who happens to be the granddaughter of his family’s biggest rival, and ag
Mojca
Trey "Whip" Davis returns to his hometown only once a year, when his dragster team visits Dahlia, Tennessee for the Farron Fuels race. This year, though, he's staying a little longer, prepping his house for sale...And finally getting a green light to get close to his high-school crush, Cardin Worth.

Trey's father and Cardin's grandfather had come to blows a year ago, resulting in a severe accident for Cardin's father who just happened to be around, and a rift between her parents. Sick and tired o
Suzette
Emily
Seven years ago Cardin had one confusing night first witnessing her crush Trey Davis in a compromising position, only to find herself on the receiving end later. Trey has only let one woman unnerve him and that was Cardin, walking away to pursue his dreams was easier than wanting a woman whose family has been feuding with his own for years.

When Cardin proposes a way to end the long running feud, Trey is more than willing to participate especially when he finds that his desire for her is returned
Krissi
okay, but very short and light on development...
Caro
This book was pretty good and best for passing the time. I liked the scheme becomes real during thing, that was a new twist to what usually happens. I liked the humor and dedication shown in this book. I also liked how there was the communication angle. I really agree with that and am always trying to be better at that (it's kinda hard sometimes). Anyhow, I would read this book again but not search it out.
Dawn ♥ romance
I liked this steamy book enough to finish but the plot setup was a bit confusing at first especially about a particular blow job incident. The main secret of the story dragged on so long I almost didn't care. Set in a car-racing town, Cardin asks mechanic Trey to be her fake fiance hoping to heal the breach amongst their families.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Maya
Race tracks, loves from high school, family feuds and gangster diamonds. Very cool.
Joycee
Read as part of March 2009 One-Click Blaze collection.
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
April Dykes
April Dykes marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Fallinstarsz
Fallinstarsz marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Megan Edwards
Megan Edwards marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Alysha Pelletier
Alysha Pelletier marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Terri French
Terri French marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Lily
Lily marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Mindin
Mindin added it
Nov 28, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
  • Out Of Control (Harlequin Blaze #459)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Below the Belt (Harlequin Blaze, #404)
  • Feeling The Heat (Harlequin Blaze #361) (Big Bad Bounty Hunters)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Moonstruck (Harlequin Blaze #514)
  • Power Play
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Pleasure to the Max! (Harlequin Blaze #414)
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352)
  • Body Check
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • Asking For Trouble (Town of Trouble, #2) (Santori Stories, #4)
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
I often read of or hear about authors who knew they were meant to tell stories from the time they left the crib. Me? I didn't decide what I wanted to be when I grew up until I was thirty years old - and then sold my first book at thirty-four. Still, it was obvious that I always knew I was going places.

Like so many other authors, I was a voracious reader from day one, devouring everything from Nanc
More about Alison Kent...

From 0-60 (3 books)
  • Out Of Control (Harlequin Blaze #459)
  • Hot-Wired (From 0-60, #3) (Harlequin Blaze, #465)
The Second Chance Cafe (Hope Springs, #1) The Bane Affair (Smithson Group SG-5, #1) Undeniable (The Dalton Gang, #1) The Shaughnessey Accord (Smithson Group SG-5, #2) Beneath the Patchwork Moon (Hope Springs, #2)