Start by marking “Storm Watch (Uniformly Hot! #8) (Harlequin Blaze #487)” as Want to Read:
Storm Watch (Uniformly Hot! #8) (Harlequin Blaze #487)

Storm Watch (Uniformly Hot! #8) (Uniformly Hot! #8)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  540 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Subject: Jason Mauer, National Guard.

Current status: Homeward bound.

Mission: Getting some R & R!

Obstacle: Lizzy Mann. Sexy blast from the past.

After battling a hurricane of catastrophic proportions, Jason needs some downtime—badly! But there's no rest for the heroic. During another deluge, Jason's savior skills are suddenly in demand...by his hot friend Lizzy.

She's fie
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published July 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Storm Watch (Uniformly Hot! #8), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storm Watch (Uniformly Hot! #8)

Dina
Ooooh, this book was good! It almost made me wish for a flooding storm to hit me so a hot and wet hunk would come and rescue me... ;)

Jason Mauer is finally back home, in his brother Dustin's house in Santa Rey, CA, after years serving in the National Guard, and he doesn't quite know what he wants to do with his future. He could reinlist - and Uncle Sam would be more than happy to have him back - but he's just lost a friend during a rescue mission that's gone wrong and he's burned out with the mi
Carrie
I always enjoy Jill Shalvis, even when the stories are over-the-top. And Storm Watch is over-the-top in several ways.

Jason is a Guardsman on leave while he mourns the death of a friend and tries to figure out what to do with his life. he returns home just as a hurricane strikes. Lizzy is a childhood friend who's always had a crush on Jason but was too shy to act on it. Now she's all grown up, more confident, and needing help. Lizzy's 9 months pregnant sister is somewhere in this storm and Lizzy
Another good one from Jill Shalvis! I'm a fan and none of her books have disappointed me.

Jason Mauer is home on leave from the National Guard. He specializes in search and rescue and is ready for some R&R. Unfortunately, he arrives home in Santa Rey, CA just in time for a huge storm.

Lizzy Mann is worried about her sister and needs some help from her friend Dustin and his SUV. She doesn't find Dustin, but she does find his brother Jason--her high school crush.

Jason insists on helping Lizzy
Norma
Love Jill Shalvis, Love her writing, love her style; but I didn't love this. Really I just didn't love the h in this. As always, Ms. Shalvis' hero was yummy.
Jayjay
Aug 02, 2015 Jayjay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2read-kobo
Subject: Jason Mauer, National Guard.

Current status: Homeward bound.

Mission: Getting some R & R!

Obstacle: Lizzy Mann. Sexy blast from the past.

After battling a hurricane of catastrophic proportions, Jason needs some downtime--badly! But there's no rest for the heroic. During another deluge, Jason's savior skills are suddenly in demand...by his hot friend Lizzy.

She's fiercely independent. But that doesn't keep them from having incredible sex as they, ah, ride out the storm!

Jason knows relatio
Hilcia
Storm Watch is a category romance by Jill Shalvis I've had on my "to be read" pile for a while, together with a few others by this author. I've previously enjoyed a few of her categories and looked forward to reading this one.

This is the story of Jason and Lizzy who went through high school together and ten years later meet up again. It's the classic tale of the geeky smart girl who has a secret crush on the gorgeous jock who hurt her feelings. In the middle of a devastating storm Lizzy needs he
Sally
Storm Watch is about numerous events that happen over a 24 hour period during a hurricane that causes lots of damage to the town but ignites something seriously hot between National Guard, Jason Mauer and nurse Lizzy Mann.

Lizzy is desperate to get across town to maker sure her heavily pregnant sister is okay, she stumbles across Jason, the hottie who she had a major crush on in High School and who scorned her heart.

The last thing Jason expected when he came home from a nightmare of a mission wi
Heather
Fully expected to not finish this one when I saw the cover. And then I expected Jason to stumble into some woman who was living in his house for some reason.

Neither happened, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's another Santa Rey-set novel. I did wish the timeline was longer, but overall not too bad.
Paige
Lizzy Mann never thought she would see the high school hottie that never noticed her again after high school, but during the storm of a lifetime she does and what she finds makes her want fall for him again, but she learned her lesson the last time...didn't she? Jason Mauer just got leave from the National Guard. After losing his best friend he just wants to sleep, but when Lizzy comes to his house during a huge storm soaking wet, he instantly wants to help. While searching for her pregnant sist ...more
Lisa C
I always enjoy Shalvis's work, though I find it a little distracting when some of the action doesn't seem plausible or there are gaps in explanations of how something that can take place (i.e. if you're going to climb into someone's lap while sitting in a Jeep, there's going to be an issue with the gear shift--I'd prefer a work-around be covered rather than ignore the whole thing). As always, there's a bit too much writing things off to unbridled passion to make the story move along, but that pa ...more
Sammy
3.5 star

I wish there was more to it.
Joanne
This book didn't have a very strong story line. The main characters were supposed to be going to check on Lizzie's sister who might be in labour and caught in the storm. Lizzie was allegedly very worried about her sister but spent more time in a love fest with Jason. I felt it took away the drama and tension and became unbelievable.

If you want to read a love story with a happy ending then this book is fine, if you prefer a stronger read with an edge this isn't it.
D.B. Reynolds
No one writes contemporary fiction better than Jill Shalvis!
CL
I am a huge Jill Shalvis fan but unfortunately this book was a big fat disappointment for me. I just couldn't get over the fact they are in a severe storm, Lizzy is worried about her pregnant sister, they are nearly drowning and they STILL find time to make out at regular intervals....
Holly
I adore Shalvis' writing. This was a good story, though a bit on the short side. I wish we'd had more page time to fully explore the heroine and her issues. As it was, I enjoyed the story but wasn't as connected to the characters and I'd have liked.
Lyndsay
I normally love Jill Shalivs, Even her short stories. This one just failed on so many levels. I think it was the (lets put a meaningful relationship in a 24 hour period.) Just annoying.

Still won't put me off the author
Writerlibrarian
Barely 2 stars. Wooden characters, paper thin character development, too many secondary characters (even if it's only two). One redeeming thing, Jason is likable.
Anne
I loved this as I love all her books. She brings the people to life. This was short and fast, an easy read.
Rob
I enjoyed this read from beginning to end, I love a good Romance with much humor, and this was full of both.
Jen
Don't you just love when natural disasters (or disasters in general, really) bring people closer together?
Wminbc
this one was a re-read also!

This one had some serious steam! I loved the rescue scenes too!
Sara
Sadly predictable--but the flood danger and birthing a baby were interesting.
Megan
Cute quick read. Thoroughly predictable but I still enjoyed it.

3.5/5
Mary
LOVE a good story 'bout a man in (or out of) uniform!
Ashley FL
I had to read this in honor of Memorial Day.
Debbie
This was VERY goooood!!!!
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • The Right Stuff (Harlequin Blaze, #463) (Uniformly Hot!, #4)
  • Ripped!
  • Always Ready (Harlequin Blaze #457) (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Afterburn (Uniformly Hot!, #5)
  • At Your Command
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • A Few Good Men (Harlequin Blaze #445) (Uniformly Hot!, #1)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Uniformly Hot! (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • A Few Good Men (Harlequin Blaze #445) (Uniformly Hot!, #1)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Always Ready (Harlequin Blaze #457) (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • The Right Stuff (Harlequin Blaze, #463) (Uniformly Hot!, #4)
  • Afterburn (Uniformly Hot!, #5)
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Ripped!
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)