Start by marking “America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants” as Want to Read:

Discover the secret recipes from your favorite restaurants and learn how to cook them at home for a fraction of the price.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about America's Most Wanted Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Most Wanted Recipes

Steven Peterson
Aug 07, 2009 Steven Peterson rated it really liked it
This is an interesting book. I have read others years ago that make a similar effort--to recreate restaurant recipes. I recall reading of efforts to recreate, for instance, the Big Mac some years back. But this volume stands on its own pretty doggone well.

The book begins by noting its approach--trying to reproduce recipes that people really like. The author, Ron Douglas, notes a benefit of this book--by providing recipes to readers, people can make their favorite dishes and save money in the pro
Amy Jacobs
I am on a small kick of finding cookbooks to stock in my kitchen that I can rely on when needing that perfect recipe. I am in no way a great cook. Most of the time, my kids look at anything I cook and wonder if they will survive the night if they eat it. So on the quest to not only learn how to cook properly, I am also looking for recipes that recreate some of the favorites we eat when we go out to dinner. Not a simple task.

There were a few good looking recipes in this book that held promise. Th
Nan
Jun 03, 2010 Nan rated it liked it
I really love to read cookbooks. They are so interesting. This time for our Memorial Day meal 2010 we all picked out recipes to try. We had appetizers, salads and then the main course, in fact two of them. Everyone had to follow the recipes they chose. Our neighbors plus family joined in this fun way to make a great potluck meal. Some were familar with the named/cloned resturant recipes and enjoyed reading about them. Our meal was wonderful and our next potluck we are planning on following some ...more
Mary
Feb 05, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok
This wasn't my favorite cookbook. For some reason I thought I'd want to cook recipes normally ordered out. Turns out I really don't. Popeye's spicy fried chicken was not in the book. Now that's a recipe I'd want. They only offered 2 rice dishes from Popeyes. I did make their recipe for cajun rice, it's not my fave but hubby loves it and said it was great. A lot of chinese (I will stick with take out, I've tried and failed). Pasta I can cook with both eyes closed and a hand tied behind my back :) ...more
Tamra
Aug 06, 2009 Tamra rated it it was ok
There were a few recipes in here that I'm excited to try like the two cheesecake recipes from The Cheesecake Factory that don't seem terribly hard to make. But there were also a lot of recipes in here from restaurants we don't have here in Utah and that I'd never heard of before so being able to make their food wasn't all that thrilling. However, I did like the fact that the majority of the recipes seemed fairly simple made with every-day ingredients you can find at the local supermarket. I LIKE ...more
Alison
Jul 20, 2015 Alison rated it it was ok
I wasn't very impressed with this book. I liked the idea of trying to recreate restaurant dishes at home to save money, but the recipes included didn't seem like anything worth recreating at home. I only found a few that seemed worth the time and effort. Also, the book doesn't contain any pictures, which seems sort of odd for a cookbook.
Lynda
Aug 05, 2009 Lynda rated it it was ok
I will stop almost anything to read a good cookbook. I have been obsessed with them practically all my life. The title of this one grabbed me immediately.

The problem with it is that I have all of Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipe books. This book is mainly the same thing. There are a few new recipes but otherwise not as good as Wilbur.
Glennis
May 09, 2010 Glennis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, cookbooks
Neither good nor bad, this book is a collection of short-cut, this is how we'd do it in your kitchen, recipes from prominent chain restaurants. I could relate to about half of them...we're so cosmopolitan here! LOL! Still...I can see me reaching for the quick-few ingredient marinades in some of these recipes!
Eileen
Nov 20, 2009 Eileen rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I will try some of these recipes (especially the Applebee's Tomato Basil Soup). LOVE that soup! But a lot of these recipes are from restaurants I've never heard of. Must be a regional thing. I'm feeling a little left out up here in New England. :(
angrykitty
Sep 27, 2009 angrykitty rated it liked it
Shelves: food, 2009
i'm not going to lie....the recipe i bought this for was the el pollo loco chicken recipe, and i'm pretty sure it's not right as it's pretty similar to a recipe i got off the internet that didn't work...still, there seems to be some other interesting looking recipes....
Connie
Jan 05, 2010 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-interest
Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken, Chili's Chicken enchilada soup, and the Cheesecake Factory's chicken fettucine are three recipes I plan to try.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Apr 07, 2013 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sep 22, 2009 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
5 stars just because of Chocolate lasagna from the olive garden! They took it off their menu so I'll have to make it myself!
Mamaof3boyz
Mamaof3boyz rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2017
Terry Cleven
Terry Cleven rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2017
Kbunnell
Kbunnell rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Debi Brown
Debi Brown rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Laretta
Laretta rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Hellen York
Hellen York rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Jose Reyes
Jose Reyes rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Douglas L Patterson
Douglas L Patterson rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2017
Melanie Barger
Melanie Barger rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2017
Amy "the book-bat"
Amy "the book-bat" rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Kerry Tingley
Kerry Tingley rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Cynthia A Schwenck
Cynthia A Schwenck rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Dawnya
Dawnya rated it liked it
May 26, 2011
Cathy Stoughton
Cathy Stoughton rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Amy Blake
Amy Blake rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • The Provence Cookbook
  • Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook
  • Cooking 'Round the Clock: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Ingredients
  • Semi-Homemade: Cooking
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Weber's Big Book of Grilling
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
  • The Gorgeously Green Diet: How to Live Lean and Green