Start by marking “America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants” as Want to Read:

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Discover the secret recipes from your favorite restaurants and learn how to cook them at home for a fraction of the price.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about America's Most Wanted Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about America's Most Wanted Recipes

Steven Peterson
This is an interesting book. I have read others years ago that make a similar effort--to recreate restaurant recipes. I recall reading of efforts to recreate, for instance, the Big Mac some years back. But this volume stands on its own pretty doggone well.

The book begins by noting its approach--trying to reproduce recipes that people really like. The author, Ron Douglas, notes a benefit of this book--by providing recipes to readers, people can make their favorite dishes and save money in the pro
Amy Jacobs
I am on a small kick of finding cookbooks to stock in my kitchen that I can rely on when needing that perfect recipe. I am in no way a great cook. Most of the time, my kids look at anything I cook and wonder if they will survive the night if they eat it. So on the quest to not only learn how to cook properly, I am also looking for recipes that recreate some of the favorites we eat when we go out to dinner. Not a simple task.

There were a few good looking recipes in this book that held promise. Th
Mary
This wasn't my favorite cookbook. For some reason I thought I'd want to cook recipes normally ordered out. Turns out I really don't. Popeye's spicy fried chicken was not in the book. Now that's a recipe I'd want. They only offered 2 rice dishes from Popeyes. I did make their recipe for cajun rice, it's not my fave but hubby loves it and said it was great. A lot of chinese (I will stick with take out, I've tried and failed). Pasta I can cook with both eyes closed and a hand tied behind my back :) ...more
Nan
I really love to read cookbooks. They are so interesting. This time for our Memorial Day meal 2010 we all picked out recipes to try. We had appetizers, salads and then the main course, in fact two of them. Everyone had to follow the recipes they chose. Our neighbors plus family joined in this fun way to make a great potluck meal. Some were familar with the named/cloned resturant recipes and enjoyed reading about them. Our meal was wonderful and our next potluck we are planning on following some ...more
Tamra
There were a few recipes in here that I'm excited to try like the two cheesecake recipes from The Cheesecake Factory that don't seem terribly hard to make. But there were also a lot of recipes in here from restaurants we don't have here in Utah and that I'd never heard of before so being able to make their food wasn't all that thrilling. However, I did like the fact that the majority of the recipes seemed fairly simple made with every-day ingredients you can find at the local supermarket. I LIKE ...more
Lynda
I will stop almost anything to read a good cookbook. I have been obsessed with them practically all my life. The title of this one grabbed me immediately.

The problem with it is that I have all of Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipe books. This book is mainly the same thing. There are a few new recipes but otherwise not as good as Wilbur.
Glennis
Neither good nor bad, this book is a collection of short-cut, this is how we'd do it in your kitchen, recipes from prominent chain restaurants. I could relate to about half of them...we're so cosmopolitan here! LOL! Still...I can see me reaching for the quick-few ingredient marinades in some of these recipes!
angrykitty
i'm not going to lie....the recipe i bought this for was the el pollo loco chicken recipe, and i'm pretty sure it's not right as it's pretty similar to a recipe i got off the internet that didn't work...still, there seems to be some other interesting looking recipes....
Eileen
I will try some of these recipes (especially the Applebee's Tomato Basil Soup). LOVE that soup! But a lot of these recipes are from restaurants I've never heard of. Must be a regional thing. I'm feeling a little left out up here in New England. :(
Connie
Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken, Chili's Chicken enchilada soup, and the Cheesecake Factory's chicken fettucine are three recipes I plan to try.
Mj
May 11, 2010 Mj is currently reading it
Kohls Dept Store was selling this for $5 for mothers day! It has the Olive Garden salad dressing recipe. That alone is worth $5!!
5 stars just because of Chocolate lasagna from the olive garden! They took it off their menu so I'll have to make it myself!
Virginia OBrien
Virginia OBrien marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Jill Joiner
Jill Joiner marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Michelle Tremblay Wright
Michelle Tremblay Wright marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Sadye Sanders
Sadye Sanders marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Stephanie Storey
Stephanie Storey marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Sarah Corrie
Sarah Corrie marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Phyllis A
Phyllis A marked it as to-read
Beth Tidman
Beth Tidman marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Ana Cochran
Ana Cochran marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Top Secret Recipes Unlocked: All New Home Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Cooking 'Round the Clock: Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Meals
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Semi-Homemade Cooking
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Ingredients
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook
  • 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • New Junior Cookbook (Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen)
  • America's Best Lost Recipes
  • New England Soup Factory Cookbook: More Than 100 Recipes from the Nation's Best Purveyor of Fine Soup
More of America's Most Wanted Recipes: More Than 200 Simple and Delicious Secret Restaurant Recipes--All for $10 or Less! America's Most Wanted Recipes Just Desserts: Sweet Indulgences from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants The Atria Holiday Cooking Collection: 40 Delicious Recipes America's Most Wanted Recipes Without the Guilt: Cut the Calories, Keep the Taste of Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes America's Most Wanted Recipes At the Grill: Recreate Your Favorite Restaurant Meals in Your Own Backyard!