Start by marking “Babymouse Burns Rubber (Babymouse, #12)” as Want to Read:
Babymouse Burns Rubber (Babymouse, #12)

Babymouse Burns Rubber (Babymouse #12)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  854 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Babymouse's big dreams of becoming a race car driver come true when she and her best pal, Wilson, enter the Race of the Century (or at least the school year). But will she and Wilson crash and burn? Or will they cruise to the Winners’ Circle? Find out in Babymouse #12: Burns Rubber. Breaking records this spring!
Published January 12th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Babymouse Burns Rubber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Babymouse Burns Rubber

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Best Graphic Novels for Children
102nd out of 630 books — 908 voters
Mr Stink by David WalliamsThe Boy in the Dress by David WalliamsRatBurger by David WalliamsThe Third Wheel by Jeff KinneyCabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
best children's books!
82nd out of 105 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

So, I heart Babymouse. This is known. But I have to say I was particularly pleased with this latest installment, mainly because I have always been a huge Wilson fan. Bestest of friend, true through thick and thin, always there to pick up the pieces. (He actually reminds me a lot of my best friend in High School, Kyle.) And I'm so glad that the Holms decided to address the rarely covered topic of friends who ask just a bit too much of their very giving friends. It was so brilliant to see Wilson s ...more
Lady Knight
Yet another amusing installment of our favourite pink-focused graphic novel series! As always Babymouse eventually learns her lesson, and I thoroughly enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek references that I still think are more there to amuse the adults then anything else (yes, I did enjoy the star wars one... and yes I know it was silly (isn't that the point with these?)). Will be sure to please fans of the series and anyone who enjoys a pink icing cupcake now and then!

I <3 Babymouse!!!!!!! Why well she's very funny and the narrator just so funny! love love love love love love Babymouse
Again, a funny one but sweet, too. Babymouse is really getting mad at the narrator which is funny. The Star Wars part was good and I like how even the scrolling part was just like Star Wars. It also said how it's not as good without the music, but I was making my own music! Sticks to the subject of the title - racing. The alien's shirt "I took over your planet and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" cracked me up. It also relates to the previous book (fractions).
I think this was a particularly good installment of Babymouse. Lots of Wilson and a good lesson about being a good friend without being preachy. I don't think there could be a bigger Babymouse advocate out there.
LOVED the ending of this one- made me so happy! (And it has an awesome Star Wars scene!)
Nicola Mansfield
This book is a Cybils '10 nominee and as a panelist for Graphic Novels this is required reading for me.

#12. Babymouse Burns Rubber. 96 pgs. Jan. 12, 2010 - Babymouse's friend can fix anything and she has always brought her broken stuff to him and he fixes it for her. While there she finds him working on his dream project, a soap box race car. This is the first year he has been old enough to enter and he encourages BM to enter too. Of course, she ends up bringing her problems to him and he ends u
Jul 23, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the twelfth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's experiences prepering for a soap box derby.

As usual, things don't work out very smoothly for Babymouse, and she takes advantage of her best friend along the way. Nonetheless, it's an entertaining story. I loved the literary and film references, even the snide ones.

Our youngest really likes these books. They are quick reads and she read this book in less than an hour. We've bee
Sarah Sammis
Babymouse Burns Rubber by Jennifer and Matthew Holm is the twelfth book in the series and the second book I've read. In this one Babymouse joins the soapbox derby but does so by taking advantage of her best friend Wilson.

I don't expect a protagonist to win the big contest or race but I would like to see some effort put into winning. Babymouse though seems to want all the glory of winning with none of the work. She completely monopolizes Wilson's time and doesn't seem to care that she's taking ad
It was a good book i was just reading it for fun this is a summary about this book...

Baby mouse went to school and she saw are her friend she had to tell him something she had an accident with her bike again. When Baby mouse came to his house her friend was making a car she asked him why? Than he said there is a contest for racing and they have a big rule that you have to make your car so asked him (her friend) to make her car so he said yes! When it was the day to race Baby mouse got a flat t
Babymouse's best friend Wilson is finally old enough to join the race car race. Wilson tells Babymouse and she decides to join too. But she has trouble with her race car, so she asked Wilson to built it for her. Wilson has been soo busy helping Babymouse that he couldn't finish his race car. What will Wilson do on the day of the race?
I picked his book up because I love reading Babymouse and I never read this one before.
I finished this book because it was short and easy to finish in a few minutes
Holm, Jennifer L. & Matthew Holm Babymouse Burns Rubber pgs. 96 Random House Books for Young Readers Language~G, Sexual Content~G; Violence~G

Readers start your engines! In the newest volume of the Babymouse Saga, brakes will squeal. . .rubber will burn. . .as Babymouse attempts the Soap Box Derby! When Babymouse catches a glimpse at Wilson’s derby car she is bound to enter and win! She must build her own car, find sponsors, and learn to drive. . . I’m not sure which one will be the hardest.
Great friendship lesson in this story! During the Star Wars fantasy, I was humming the theme music in my head!
Baby Mouse is a comic designed for girls. Drawn in pink, it attracts young girls in the way that they can relate to Babymouse because she is smart and feisty. In the twelfth book of Babymouse, she dreams of winning the soapbox race of the year. Many will say that girls are unable to do it, but Babymouse attempts to construct her soapbox car on her own. Unfortunately, she needs the help of her friend. As the story unfolds, the plot twists and Wilson needs Babymouse’s help instead. Rising as the h ...more
Not my favorite, just because it was too short. I love Babymouse's imagination and her friends and how she solves the problems that come her way.
Another fun installment in the Babymouse world. The ending on this one made me super happy too.
Star Wars reference and an ending that made my eyes well up.
I read it and it was an awesome book!
Jaquelin Garcia
have fun and engoy!
how do you read this
Melissa Espino
This book is about a mice name babymice that has a wild imagination and do crazy stuff. In this book she starts out by crying and going crazy. She starts getting into her crazy mind thinking about the racing cars. This book is not recommended because its easy to read and not challenging to you at all. It will be a good book for a kindergarten or while you are teaching them how to read.
Babymouse is a very clever, tenacious little mouse. This is twelfth in the series. It depcts a very strong female character. Throughout the story she uses her charm to get her friend Wilbur to build her a boxcar even though he built his own and was entered in the same race. In the end she helps Wilbur and she herself wins the race. It is a light, quick read.
Babymouse dreams of being a race car driver, then discovers that her best friend is prepping for the annual soap box derby . . . She wants to enter, too, but you have to make your own car . . .

I love these books. Babymouse is both selfish and good-hearted, and her constant daydreaming reminds me of, well, me. Also my 8 year old, who also loves these books!
Melissa Elgersma
Babymouse enters the soapbox derby. A soapbox derby is when a kid builds their own car- usually with out a motor, maybe pedals or the racetrack is downhill. In this book, Babymouse gets her friend Wilson to help her build the Cupcake Cannon and enters the big race. Hilarious- watch for the Star Wars scene!
I mean it's fine as far as it goes. Technically Jennifer Holm and Matthew can't create a bad Babymouse. This one only suffers when you consider that there are others in the series that I like more. The ending's a little more predictable than usual, is all. That's really my only objection, though. - B
Jun 14, 2011 Kayla added it
I think this was a very good book.....There was a race and her friend Wilson was in it too. She didn't know how to make a car and Wilson was too busy making hers that he didn't have time to fix his. But at the end.....wait I can't tell you! You'll have to read it and find out yourself! Ha Ha Ha!
Rdnnnnnnn, rdnnnnnnnn, Baybymouse!
At first I was mad at this one because Babymouse seemed like such a self-involved brat through most of it. Wilson. What WOULD she do without Wilson?

But then there was an awesome Star Wars scene. And some redemption in the end. Hey! Just like in Star Wars.
Babymouse is back - and participating in a go-cart type race. When her friend Wilson helps her get ready for the race and then suffers a set-back, Babymouse has a decision to make. Another fun, quick read.
  • Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Lunch Lady, #8)
  • Binky to the Rescue
  • Hamster and Cheese
  • The Flying Beaver Brothers and the Fishy Business
  • Mal and Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! (Mal and Chad, #1)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • Attack of the Ninja Frogs (Dragonbreath, #2)
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Donner Dinner Party
  • How Mirka Met a Meteorite (Hereville #2)
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra
More about Jennifer L. Holm...

Babymouse (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1)
  • Our Hero (Babymouse, #2)
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Skater Girl (Babymouse, #7)
  • Puppy Love (Babymouse, #8)
  • Monster Mash (Babymouse, #9)
  • Babymouse: The Musical (Babymouse, #10)
Turtle in Paradise Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1) Penny from Heaven Our Only May Amelia (May Amelia, #1) The Fourteenth Goldfish