Start by marking “True Light (Restoration, #3)” as Want to Read:
True Light (Restoration, #3)

True Light (Restoration #3)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  3,569 ratings  ·  136 reviews
Published September 9th 2008 by Zondervan (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about True Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Light

Another great book from Terri Blackstock, the third in the series.

The main theme in this book is about forgiveness, forgiving your enemies and loving them, even though it is difficult to do. Mark Green is framed for the shooting of Zach, all for a deer, and members Oak Hallow jump to there one judgments and on a vigilant run for justice they nearly kill Mark. The group is imprisoned for their actions and Mark is struggling between his rage and hatred for the men who attacked him and forgiving th
This book, the third in Terri Blackstock's Restoration Series continues the story of how the earth is affected by a long term blackout. The blackout was caused by a pulsar. The story has an old West feel to it as the community continues to attempt to keep law and order despite poor resources. You definitely know who wears the black hats and the white hats! There is plenty of suspense as the plot unfolds. Also, the story addresses common spiritual challenges such as forgiveness and trust in God.
Mackenzie Dare
This was a very interesting and engaging book. At first, it started out a little slow for my tastes, but once I got into it and started realizing the questions and conflicts and began to know the characters better, it held my attention to the end. The action really ramps up toward the end, and that is my favorite part. :)

What would it be like if we no longer had access to electricity? I love how Terri Blackstock takes us into this imaginary world and makes us feel this new life. Would it really
Once again, the author has deepened the "what if" story about what the world would be like if electricity did not work. In this novel, people are beginning to adjust by finding new ways to use things that don't work, and probably never will again. The formulation of swaps as a needed way of life is interesting. But of course, the book focuses most on spiritual matters and the conflict between good (those who try to be fair, work hard for their families, and help their neighbors) and evil (those ...more
Great 3rd book in the series! With the first 2 books I guessed who the culprit was right away, but this book had me guessing right til they figured it out themselves!

The characters are still changing and growing and that's good to see. On to the 4th and final book now!
Jenn Misera
I finished this book around lunch and I think I acted like a lunatic to anyone who saw me read the ending. Particularly after I found out who the real shooters were.

It was so suspenseful, and WARNING SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

During Mark's allegations, I was saying "Nooooooo!!!! He's innocent. Oh Terry please don't hurt my favourite character!!!! (Mark) and help clear his name."

When Deni got that letter from Craig, I was so pissed, because I was literally jumping for joy when she broke off the engageme
Rhonda Smallwood
You know those times when someone hurts you unjustly? You really want that person to get a taste of their own medicine. After all, they deserve it. That happens in this story. Mark's own neighbors, whom he has helped since the crisis, band together and attack him. Blaming him for murder and taking it upon themselves to make him pay for his crime. With broken bones and in severe pain he winds up in the position of seeing these same men go to the same prison that they railroaded him into. I would ...more
SUMMARY: Now eight months into a global blackout, the residents of Oak Hollow are trying to cope with the deep winter nights and a gnawing hunger from a food shortage. The struggle to survive can bring out the worst in anyone.
A teenage friend of the Brannings' has been found shot while hunting, and his slain deer is gone. Suspicions immediately fall on Mark Green, the son of a convicted murderer. Before he can prove his innocence, vigilantes force the sheriff to arrest him.
Deni Branning is growi
If you read the first two books in this series and found them superb, you'll enjoy reading the third installment. I, however, found the first book to be excellent, the second book mildly appealing and this third book too stale to finish.

The central question in the series is: What happens to life after electricity? It's not a unique premise, but the series launched with a fantastic exploration of survival and the slow deterioration of human civility. The problem is that the fundamental Christian
Rebecca Crull
Another great book in this series. It has been about a year and a half since I read this book while my husband and I were on our 10th anniversary vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. be there again.....anyway, the book.....not exactly nice and relaxing reading material while on vacation in paradise, but a great read anyway. I remember thinking over and over again that things couldn't get any worse for Mark, but it always did. This book had such a great message of God's forgivenes ...more
Mark Baker
This is the third book in a series set in a modern world were modern technology has failed. It's winter, which has made daily survival very hard. Yet things get worse when Mark Green is accused of murder. Can the Branning family clear him? Once again, I was pulled into this world. And the mystery was actually well developed here as well.

Read my full review by Carstairs Considers.
I'll give it a 4 1/2 stars. The story was very good, the writing not quite so good. A Christian family struggles with trying to just keep alive after a star bursts and continues to send pulses to earth that kill the electricity. The whole world is in chaos. They have food, but dare they share what little they have with many who do not have food? That is only one of the many problems facing this family and their friends.
PG-13 for thematic elements.

I liked this entire series. Terri Blackstock is not shy to confront hard asked questions about why God allows such evil to happen to "good" people, especially in this book. I do not wish to spoil it for anybody, so I'll say no more about that. Each book in this series is a murder mystery and it keeps you guessing until the last few chapters.
I finished reading this in less than two days. Granted, I had more time on my hands than usual, but it was very hard to put this book down.

During the ongoing blackout, crime escalates.

Mark Green, a Christian, is suspected of an attempted murder, and his neighbors are not acting very neighborly toward him.

There were several Christian themes running through this book, the biggest of which were loving your enemies and trusting God even during extreme hardship.

There was a bit of romance, even some
Book 3 in the Restoration series.
This book takes place 8 months after the second one. The main focus is the justice system. Since the pulses are still causing the electricity to be out, the sheriff has found that crime has increased a lot. There are more and more people stealing and killing to get what they want and sometimes the wrong people get accused. Case in point, Mark Green! He is accused of shooting a boy just to take his deer. He learns first hand how people can hold grudges and the poo
I just finished True Light last night. I think Terri Blackstock does a wonderful job of keeping the suspense high throughout this book. The main protagonists in this sequel are Deni Branning and Mark Green. Things get ugly for Mark when he is suspected by the neighbors for attempted murder. And they continue to get worse. In the desperate times in Oak Hollow, people are starting to fall apart. The worst is coming out in people, yet Christ is transforming the hearts of those who love Him. They le ...more
This is the third book in Terri Blackstock's Restoration series. I'm a huge fan of this series and an avid Blackstock reader. The entire series is brilliant, but this story was one of my favorites because I loved Mark's character. I love his determination and honesty. He's got true grit. I also loved seeing Deni develop and grow. Throughout the series Blackstock's characters grow and learn, but Deni reminded me of myself and it was a really interesting perspective for me. There's one particular ...more
Marta Manzanares call
Excellent series

I just started this series last week. Normally I don't care for most Christian writers, but Terri Blackstock is excellent. There is action, drama and good story writing and I will read more of her books.
Carol Macdonald
The first book was thought provoking, the second brought up some more issues this world wide situation would cause but by book three I am as ready as the Brannings to be finished with the whole experience. Too many near death experiences for one book.
Barbara Huskey
I've enjoyed this series a lot so far. It's compelling and gives me hope. The characters aren't super deep, but I can relate to some and the message is quite meaningful to me. Looking forward to the next book.
Shemane Nugent
I love Terri Blackstock! I first bought one of her books in a Christian bookstore. It had a sticker on it that said something like, "We guarantee you'll like this book or your money back." I devoured it.
This was a very real,(this could happen) book. It is the best Christian based suspense book I have read. Guarenteed to keep you riveted. Now I have to find books one and two! Thank-you Terri Blackstone for one of the best reads I have had in a long time.
Lilly W.
I have finished on page 352 of 352 and this book was awesome. Mark was blamed for an almost murder that he didn't commit and all evidence showed to him. He was thrown in jail and found out about a plan Treehouse (main big guy in jail) was making to shoot the sheriff and get out of jail. Well it worked so when Deputy Wheaton came he let Mark go because he stayed at the jail with his cell door open! So now he is sworn in to be a Deputy and he has to find the man or men who attempted to kill Zach a ...more
Amy Riccio
By the time I got to this book in the series I am over this storyline. It's getting repetitive and boring. I don't think I'll continue with the series. Am I too picky?
When Zach is shot, all evidence points to Vic Green's son...Mark.
Deni belives him when he says he is innovent, but his father's reputation isn't helping him. When his and his fathers house are raided, he knows someone is looking for something, and he knows what.

Great book, it was a little more serious then the other books. No one really had a good laugh in this book, which kinda needed it. When Mark's brothers came in and forced Mark to show them the gold, I flinched when the rebroke his arm a
I love the premise of this series of books and I know that murder mysteries are Terri Blackstock's genre. I just can't help wishing she wrote more about life without electricity, cars, computers and phones. Still, this was a good book and kept my attention. My imagination filled in the blanks I guess.

I just have to post an irritant. The writer is often simplistic in her descriptions. "Disney-style line" described the hoard waiting for dispersement checks--did she have to use it twice? Are there
I still think this is a cheesy Christian fiction but it's easy to read and become involved with the characters.
Apr 13, 2011 Kate rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kate by: Ellen
I am really enjoy this series. (This is the 3rd of 4 books.) I didn't get caught up in whether this story is realistic or not, or even if it's well written. I thoroughly loved the twists and turns, the unpredictability, and couldn't put it down. I loved the underlying principles of Christianity and how people's true characters come out in a crisis. We can follow the Spirit and use trials in our life to refine us and mold us to how Christ wants us, or give in to temptation. This book is about for ...more
Teena Stewart
The third book in Blackstock's Restoration series. The world crisis that thrust everyone into survival mode is in its 8th month but little has improved. In fact things keep getting darker. At the beginning of the book someone shoots a teenager while he is out hunting for food for his family. Mark Green, the son of a known murderer is accused of the deed. The Branning family tries to not only protect him but work to help find the real killer. But humanity is quickly loosing its civil aspect and p ...more
I really enjoyed this one. It was definitely slow to get moving, but once it did, it was great. A lot of action and little downtime. I am really loving this series.
Christian Fiction...: BR: True Light by Terri Blackstock 17 7 Nov 22, 2015 11:02PM
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • True Valor (Uncommon Heroes #2)
  • Cry in the Night (Rock Harbor Series #5)
  • Summer (Sunrise, #2)
  • The Trial
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Restoration (4 books)
  • Last Light (Restoration, #1)
  • Night Light (Restoration #2)
  • Dawn's Light (Restoration, #4)

“But living in fear is no kind of life. We have to trust God. That doesn't mean bad things won't happen. But we know He's in charge.” 0 likes
“So could it be that good can come out of suffering? That God uses it to build things into us? Things we might need?” 0 likes