Start by marking “Čest kapitánů (Star Trek: Nová generace, #8)” as Want to Read:
Čest kapitánů (Star Trek: Nová generace, #8)

Čest kapitánů (Star Trek: The Next Generation #8)

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  571 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A series of vicious attacks by the enigmatic M'Dok Empire has devastated the planet Tenara -- bringing the U.S.S Enterprise™ and another Federation starship, the Centurion, to the planet's aid. The Centurion's captain is Lucius Sejanus -- a powerful, magnetic man who favors taking a far stronger stance against the M'Dok than Captain Picard. And as the conflict escalates, S ...more
Published 2003 by Laser (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Čest kapitánů, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Čest kapitánů

nnuk
A 'blah blah' attempt to turn a mundane TOS episode (Bread & Circuses) into a mundane book; and the result is, yes you guessed it, 'mundane'.

One of the joy of reading Star Trek is, well, the many excitements of future possibilities, humanity and anything far far beyond. If I wanted to read about Romans or German war, I'd probably go for history section. By giving a warp-drive spaceship to some Romans doesn't make a good Science Fiction. It's just a ST-themed messy drama.
Greyflank
Blech.

On page 30 of 255 of The Captains' Honor and the Mary Sue and the Romans aboard the former Farragut were making me flinch already. The artist put a Japanese sword on the cover, not a Roman sword because it was cooler. Obviously, no one thought Romans would sell the book...

Ninjas would have been cooler. But there wasn't a single cool thing about this book, unless you're a little interested in the alternate history of Rome.
Nathan Burgoine
I barely recall this book in the Next Generation novel series. I do know it involved the Magna Romans, and that it was a butting-heads sort of tale between Captain Picard and a Magna Roman captain of another starship. Beyond that - a blank. It wasn't exceptional in any way, really.
Jefferson
The Captains' Honor offers a layered plot based on a complex situation the Enterprise crew find themselves in. It rarely takes you down the obvious route (except possibly with Riker's romancing of one of the supporting characters), and it does a great job evoking the first season of Star Trek: the Next Generation, and connecting it with the Original Series in a subtle way.
Craig
Honor is right. Interesting evaluation of all the perspectives of honor in different culture and what truly is the honorable thing to do. There in lies the book's strength.
Todd Reiser
A good enough read for a Trek novel. Good and fast and light on the description with a few morality challenges that make Trek what it is.
Martijn Hartman-maatman
Not the best one in the series, that's for sure. Most likely based on a TOS story, but I thought it was too fast and too easy.
Chris
I would like to know with the second ship so disappointing that way. Also I don't know why Worf is on the cover when he didn't play much of a role in the book.
Daniel Kukwa
One of the strangest Star Trek novels. The alternate Earth from the TOS episode "Bread and Circuses" now a Federation memeber? An Enterprise populated with crewmembers from other strange pseudo-Earths? There's an interesting story buried in here, but some of the continuity elements are warped and stretched around it, to ridiculous proportions. It's almost worth reading for curiosity value.
Dark-Draco
I was a bit disappointed by this in the end. The set up was great - a much more blood thirsty story then you would ever have got on the TV, but right up my street :) But then it all kind of fell apart - it didn't really end and it felt a bit rushed. I want to know that Sejanus will get his comeuppance! But I still love it because it's Star Trek.
Travis
Worf grumbles, wishing his Captain was more forceful, more of a warrior. Then the Enterprise is teamed with another starship, with a more forceful Captain and Worf learns a about a little thing I like to call 'be careful what you wish for'.
Pretty cool bits of intrigue and would have made a decent TV episode.
Angela
An odd TNG book, in that all the characters apart from Picard and Riker are sidelined. The author concentrates on his characters more, so that it doesn't really feel like a TNG book that much. It was a quick read.
Lovisa
A bit confusing in the beginning and not completely logical at all times. It also left alot of ends open which is again a bit confusing. It did pick up after a while though and towards the end it was not too shabby.
Camille
An uninteresting plot with mundane "new" characters, meanwhile the Enterprise crew lifelessly strolled about the novel doing nothing, seriously, nothing. A terribly boring book... totally without honor.
Jeff
I read all these "Next Generation" books in middle school/early high school. Even then I thought most of them were pretty bad. But I'm a completist so they must be included in my book list!
Kayla
If you're interested in a philosophical battle of Non/Violence Philosophies, I highly recommend this to you.
Neal
Neal marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Feb 18, 2015
Paul
Paul added it
Feb 13, 2015
  • Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)
  • Gulliver's Fugitives (Star Trek Next Generation #11)
  • A Rock and a Hard Place (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #10)
  • Contamination (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #16)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Doomsday World (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #12)
  • Chains of Command (Star Trek: The Next Generation #21)
  • Imbalance (Star Trek: The Next Generation #22)
  • The Eyes of the Beholders (Star Trek The Next Generation, #13)
  • Spartacus (Star Trek: The Next Generation #20)
  • The Romulan Stratagem (Star Trek The Next Generation,#35)
  • The Romulan Prize (Star Trek: The Next Generation #26)
  • Boogeymen (Star Trek: The Next Generation #17)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • Grounded (Star Trek: The Next Generation #25)
  • Guises of the Mind (Star Trek: The Next Generation #27)

Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Encounter at Farpoint (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Ghost Ship (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #1)
  • The Peacekeepers (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #2)
  • The Children of Hamlin (Star Trek: The Next  Generation, #3)
  • Survivors (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #5)
  • Power Hungry (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #6)
  • Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #7)
  • A Call to Darkness (Star Trek: The Next Generation #9)
  • A Rock and a Hard Place (Star Trek: The Next Generation, #10)
Timetrap The Trellisane Confrontation Unquenchable (Prisoner of Blood, #2) Time for Sherlock Holmes Insatiable