Start by marking “Flashback” as Want to Read:
Flashback

Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  481 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Firefighter Aidan Donnelly has always battled the flames with trademark icy calm. That is, until a blazing old flame returns—in the shape of sizzling soap star Mackenzie Stafford! Aidan wants to pour water over the unquenchable heat between them. But that just creates more steam....

Kenzie is not the delicate, fragile female she looks like. She has one clear objective, and...more
ebook, (Harlequin Blaze, #416), 212 pages
Published August 1st 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Flashback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashback

Dina
Very nice! Not so good as Flashpoint, the 1st book in this miniseries, but quite enjoyable. Now... Where can I get a firefighter of my own? ;)
Shawna
4 ½ stars - Romantic Suspense

A quick, spicy, fun read featuring a firefighter as sexy as all-get-out, an independent soap opera actress ex-flame, smoking between the sheets action, and an arsonist on the loose adding some mystery and suspense...what's not to love? And although it's a Harlequin Blaze story (meaning short and steamy), it's got a well-developed plot and Jill Shalvis pens realistic dialogue. It's a fast read featuring a hot firefighter that is sure to heat you up! 4 ½ stars!

For ref...more
Another hot one...

This book adds to the story begun in Flashpoint. The arsonist still seems to be at work even though the suspected arsonist, Blake, is dead. Blake's sister, Mackenzie, is in town to prove his innocence. Her only problem is firefighter Aidan Donnelly. He broke her heart six years before and now she is determined to get revenge.

Read Flashpoint first and then read this one...follow this one up with Heating Up the Holidays for Cristina and Dustin's story (it is the first in the ant...more
Emily
When Firefighter Aidan Donnelly is called out to another fire, her never expects to be rescueing the one that got away from a burning boat. Mackenzie Stafford was the one woman who got under his skin, and when he couldn't figure out where he wanted it to lead, he walked away. Years later Kenzie has not forgot he broke her heart and vows not to let it happen again.

I was really disappointed in this one, kind of all over the map.
Kyraryker
Bam! What a beginning for a book! Action right away with Aidan having to save his ex-girlfriend Kenzie from a boat fire.
I would highly recommend reading the 1st book in this series "Flashpoint" to be able to follow along with the story line. It continues the story of a fire department looking for an arsonist. Aidan and Kenzie were great characters and the renewal of their relationship was played out great.
The regret Aidan had over ending the relationship with Kenzie when they were younger felt r...more
Bet Lantaff
I have tried to get interested in this. I think the problem is that I'm in a reading funk and can't settle. What I've read is good - don't think that I didn't like it. I'm just not into it. I think I'll carry it around in my purse and use it for filler when I'm waiting for a doctor visit or stuck in traffic. I really like Jill's work and I LOVE her blogs. They lady is funny. And she can really write a book. UPDATE - I finished the book and it was good. I didn't see the climax of the story as it...more
Kaetrin
Flashback and Flashpoint by Jill Shalvis (both) - C. These are 2 Harlequin Blaze's from 2008 set in fictional Santa Rey California and based on characters from Fire Station #34. I enjoyed the romance aspect (who doesn't love a hot, sexy, firefighter?) but was impatient with the suspense plot involving a serial arsonist, which spread across both books (which doesn't really make sense, especially in the case of the second book because it was kind of integral to the relationship but still...)
Becky MoJo
A smoking hot quick read that follows Flash point but doesn't disappoint! Aiden and Lexi are thrown back together after several years apart right from the get go when the former soap actress finds herself on a boat that's fully in flames! Aiden recognized her almost right away and his heart flipped flopped as the memories can rushing back. Follow Aiden and Lexi through their heartbreaking memories and enjoy the smokin heat as they face adventure, deception, and even ghosts?!
Angie
I really enjoy Jill Shalvis's books. This was the second book of her fireman trilogy. I think you would definitely benefit by reading the first book for the over-arching storyline, but the main characters from the first book aren't even really seen in this one. Shalvis has an amazing way of writing dialogue and making the reader understand the plot in such a short book. I've read a few duds lately so it was a great contrast and refreshing to read a well put together book.
Anne
Yah, I was in the mood and read this whole thing in one day. The characters were ones I enjoyed with a bit more of characters from the previous book in the series. It also continued on with a mystery from the first book that I sort of thought was solved but wasn't. And I had just watched Chicago Fire too. It all made for hot feelings. And I just love Jill Shalvis. She knows how to write to grab my emotions of all kinds. And I can trust her not to shatter my heart completely.
Carrie
Some good, some okay. Fairly typical Blaze offering with some decent story, some steamy action, and too short to do justice to the characters or the plot. ;-) Not as good as Shalvis' recent Blaze books, but a fun way to spend an afternoon. One comment: the "reveal" was clunky and not very believable. Shalvis doesn't usually do that, so I forgive this one.
Marran
cheesy cover...but a sweet book all the same..

I did some training as an ambulance EMT....to bad non of the fire fighters or other EMTs look like these guys...in that case I never would have change my mind about working on the ambulance :)
Emily
This had a good story and wrapped up a lot from the first book, Flashpoint. But I would recommend reading them in order, as one might be confused since the characters were already flushed out.
Lexxie
Another very hot firefighter story :D with some VERY nice smut as well. And as usual, Jill Shalvis manages to add some real romance and feelings in there as well :D Nice, quick read.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Another hunky hero written by Jill Shalvis. Hot sexy read with hot firefighter. Yummmmmm! What more could a girl want? Good pacing and interesting story. Yes, there is a story here!
Jessica
Jill is very popular but no matter how many books I try, I don't like her writing. The subplot in this one seemed . . . contrived.
Deanna also on Leafmarks because I miss Marco
I love firefighters. This is a light, quick and sexy read. Fun and a bit of mystery. Not a deep book but worth the time.
Netanella
3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4, because hot fireman Aidan managed to put a smile on my face, on my otherwise dreary day.
Karen
Another easy and enjoyable read from Jill Shalvis. I'm working my way through anything I can get from this author.
Roxie
Not as good as the first, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for firefighters. Shirtless ones.
Season
Good story, but hate coming into a series in the middle.
Bryan
Haruki Murakami
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Hazel
Hazel marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Imprints/series 14 69 Apr 04, 2012 08:31PM
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • The Maverick
  • At Your Command
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Risking It All (Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Ripped!
  • Heated Rush
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • The Concubine
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Power Play
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze, #292)

Look for Jill's latest, HE'S SO FINE, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website for a...more
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)

“You had a package. It was torn, so I looked in.” She lifted one of a stack of firefighter calendars, with his own mug and half-naked body on the cover. “Nice,” she said, a ghost of a smile crossing her lips. “Mr. 2008.” He bit back a sigh. “It’s for charity.” “And you definitely contributed.” 6 likes