Out of Control (From 0-60 #2) (Harlequin Blaze #459)

Out of Control (From 0-60 #2) (From 0-60 #2)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Legendary detective Black Jack Riley likes fast cars and faster women. But he's a man on a mission: going undercover at the Dahlia Speedway to avenge a friend.

Enter sexy, unpredictable young mechanic Alexandra Morgan. She's delicious trouble, with a capital T! She's also key to his success...

...if Jack can keep her from blowing his cover.

Their thrilling rides between the s...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Control (From 0-60 #2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Control (From 0-60 #2)

Shawna
4 ½ stars – Romantic Suspense

I love getting my occasional Harlequin Blaze fix because you can count on them being a light, fast read with hot romance, but Out of Control turned out to be a really great romantic suspense and one of the best Blaze books that I’ve read.

Jack Riley is a 40-year-old Nashville cop who loves fast cars and fast women. Lately he’s feeling like he’s lost his edge on the job, especially after being shown up by a hotshot rookie during a high speed pursuit of a drug dealer s...more
Dina
Dec 28, 2009 Dina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: Alathea & Shawna
This book has 2 things that could have gone wrong to me: the one-night stand with a stranger (in a public place, to make it "worse") and the big (15 years) age gap between the H/h. But I decided to give it a try anyway because Alathea and Shawna loved it, and I'm really glad I did. :)

Alexandra "Alex" Morgan is "a woman in a man's world", working as a mechanic in her father's garage. She loves it and she's very good at it, but her father can't help wishing she found a good man, got married and st...more
Mojca
They came together one night, in anonymous "hand-made" passion in the darkened interior of his truck. Now, seven months later they meet again. Neither of the two has been able to forget that night of passion, but Jack Riley has bigger fish to fry than to embark on an affair with Dahlia's resident tomboy mechanic Alexandra Morgan. Even though he would love nothing more than to peel her large overalls off her and rediscover the highly feminine body underneath.

He's on a mission to bust the drug-tra...more
Dísir
Sophisticated writing, very likeable characters and a good balance of scorching romance and suspense. So chuffed that I gave this book a try since it turned out to be one of the best category books I've ever read.
Emily
I think this was a better action novel than a romance. I enjoyed the story line much better than the blazey parts, which were few and far between.
Caro
I really liked this book. The suspense was really good, along with the action and emotions. I would definitely read this book again. Enjoy
Amusing, fun read although there were moments (especially the beginning!!!) that made me cringe.
Kobie
good story.. a few moments of excessive introspection.
Joycee
(Read as part of April 2009 Blaze 1-click)
Benedict Ekiegini-okoh
Benedict Ekiegini-okoh marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
missy
missy marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 13, 2014
Raycad15
Raycad15 marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Znkmek
Znkmek added it
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

Julie Miller is an award-winning, USA TODAY bestselling author of breathtaking romantic suspense--with a National Readers Choice Award and two Daphne du Maurier awards among other prizes. In 2009 she earned an RT BookReviews Career Achievement Award. Many of her more than...more
More about Julie Miller...
Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #3) Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11) Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team, #2) The Marine Next Door (The Precinct Task Force, #1) Man with the Muscle (The Precinct: S.W.A.T. Team,#1)