Start by marking “Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #6; Were-Hunter, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #6; Were-Hunter, #3)

Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  42,658 Ratings  ·  1,324 Reviews
New Orleans. Bride McTierney, dumped by ex after 5 years constantly criticizing her lush size, finds her knight in shining armor is a wolf in white fur. Vane Kattalakis 400+ years hides with comatose brother Fang from enemies in were-bear family Sanctuary. But matching palm marks mean Bride and Vane are mates. He has 3 weeks to finish the ceremony or live impotent.
Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Night Play, please sign up.

Jade Evans I was looking for something new, and it brought me here. I'm not sure what you've read, or the style you like, but the Void City novels are superb.…moreI was looking for something new, and it brought me here. I'm not sure what you've read, or the style you like, but the Void City novels are superb. They're my go-to recommendation.
(less)

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, all I can see about this book is how everyone loved it. I guess my expectations were high because of that, and for me, the book didn't deliver  photo shame.gif

I know most PNR come with insta-love, and I am prepared for it, but here, I just didn't buy the whole thing at all. Maybe it was because it wasn't insta-love, but insta-lust (as it also usually is), but the characters meet and have sex in the same scene (the first 10% of the book  photo 798186.gif )
That killed the book for me, and the other 90% I just got through
Zeek
What makes Night Play a cut above the rest in the Dark Hunter seris, is the fact that it's totally character driven. (For me, it's always about the character.) I adored the heroine, Bride. She's a real woman and her feelings are so well expressed (by showing not telling,) SK hits dead on with this one.

The book starts out with Bride being dumped by her selfish boyfriend of 5 yrs. Not five minutes after she received her dumping papers, via HER OWN fedex account no less- we meet the hero who swoops
Jilly
My favorite of the series. I love when animals try to "human". Vane is a werewolf that is asking for dating advice from Dark Hunters. Not exactly the best source:

"Julian, how did you meet your wife?"

Julian shrugged. "My brother the sex god cursed me into a book for two thousand years. Grace got drunk on her birthday and summoned me out of it."

Vane rolled his eyes. "That's useless. Kyrian? What about you?"

"I woke up handcuffed to Amanda."

Vane could work with that. "So I need to get a set of hand
Julianna
Sep 27, 2010 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance, Werewolves, the Dark-Hunter Series, Sherrilyn Keyon
THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" The Dark-Hunter series has had some ups and downs for me, but I have to say that I'm glad that I have continued with it or I would have missed out on some wonderful stories. When Sherrilyn Kenyon is “up”, she can write a very good story, and Night Play was definitely an “up” book for me. It had the swoon-worthy romance that I've loved in some of Ms. Kenyon's other books, lots of fun and interesting characters, and a good plot. Night Play picks up the narrative of Were-Hunt
Alex is The Romance Fox
I have loved this series since I first read Acheron, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... which is still my absolute favorite book!!! This was the one that introduced me Sherrilyn Kenyon’s breathtaking world of Greek gods, demi-gods, dark hunters, were hunters, dream hunters….amazing and unforgettable characters…filled with mythology, paranormal, romance….it’s all I want in paranormal romance!!

I haven’t read the books in order and this is one of those that I am reading now. Not that it matte
CC
Jun 22, 2016 CC rated it it was amazing
This book took me by surprise. I have read (or listened to) a handful of books in this series and some were ok and others a little better. But this one was great!

I loved the hero, Vane. His perspective was my absolute favorite. Having been raised a wolf almost his entire life and only having a human form for the past 9 months (I think), he has a totally unique view of people and life. (She wolves sound like real bitches!) He comes from a seriously messed up childhood - or I guess really puppyhoo
Alp
I LOVED THIS BOOK.

This is the fifth book in Dark-Hunter series but the first one in Were-Hunter series. You will here discover the world of Were-Hunter, a great introduction to the Katagaria and Arcadians.

Vane was born to Katagaria father and Arcadian mother. He grew up in the Wolf-Human pack of his father. Both of his parents hated him and wanted him dead. He was just the victim of the hatred between them. Vane was continually abused, neglected, and mistreated by the other members in his pack.
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Another perfect hero. Vane was so sweet and loving. Alphas who go after what they want and don't waver are really my weakness. So many different storyline possibilities here. I will definitely be checking out more in the were-hunter series.
Alkyoni

Dark Hunter Flashcard #5, Were Hunter Flashcard #1

Name: Vane Kattalakis

Age: 460

The Beast Within: Wolf

Special W.H. power: Time Travel

Best thing that came out of his mouth : I don't want you skinny, Bride. I like you as you are.

He finds his one true love when: She stopped to say hi to her friend Sunshine who Vane was guarding at the time. Yes, Talon’s Sunshine. Yes, in Book 2. Yes, the whole thing was that mundane.

He falls for her because: She's his predestined mate.

Her Name: Bride McTierney

Age:
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Night Play was a wonderful read for me, its my #1 favorite book so far in this series. I know I have many more to read, so I will definitely have more that I will love just the same,but for now this book is on my top favorites.

Vane & Brides story was utterly amazing! I thought they were a,one of a kind couple.Were-Wolf and a Human,its obvious right from the start neither one of them are perfect, yet they manage to stick together through the evil and goodness in their relationship and make it
Vilda
"So long as he had breath in his body, no one would ever hurt anyone Vane cared for again. And he would bring death to anyone who ever tried."

Wow. Wowowow. How do I even start this? I wish I could get all of my feelings down in words! I absolutely loved Night Play and it was apparently exactly what I needed after a minor reading slump thanks to all the uni literature. Gosh, it was fantastic! I never realized just how much I missed this world with all of its wonderful characters before now.

I w
Carmen
Mar 02, 2016 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
5 ROMANCE STARS! Yay! A most excellent romance. :)
...

Let's see if I can sum this up for people who do not know Kenyon's world: werewolf named Vane with a death sentence on his head falls in love with a beautiful fat woman named Bride. :)

Very cute, very sweet, full of kissing. :) So amazing of a book. 5-star romance.
...

Just that sometimes we let other people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts when you know that no matter how m
Erika

So this is my third attempt at a Kenyon book (and this series) and I am still not 100% sure her writing style really works for me. The pacing and quality is just a little..... off, in my opinion.

HOWEVER, that being said, for the most part, I really enjoyed Night Play, so I am indeed going to try another book in this series.

What worked for me:

--Vane. He was an awesome hero. So sweet, romantic, protective and devoted. I loved the way he treated Bride. He came from some pretty sad, viol
Miss Kim
Sep 15, 2008 Miss Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark Hunter lovers
Vane is a Katagaria Were-hunter. He was born a wolf, and lived his life as one until puberty hit and he was suddenly transformed in to a man. Bride McTierny is a woman who has just been dumped by her boyfriend of 5 years. She is self conscious about her looks because she is heavier than the average woman.

Vane had seen Bride a few weeks back, when she stopped by Sunshine Runningwolf's art stand in New Orleans. He was totally taken by her. Sunshine had told him she would introduce them, but he tol
Estefanía Álvarez
Feb 16, 2016 Estefanía Álvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tengo
Es el primer libro que leí de la saga y siempre he tenido una conexión especial con esta historia ^^
Marta
5 stars despite Ash doing the Macarena!! But that’s what I love about Kenyon’s Dark Hunter world…her ability to mix humor in with their tortured tales. She also has a talent at making some swoon worthy heroes, of which, Vane did not disappoint!
Jacqueline
Nov 30, 2014 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a different take on the paranormal world.
Recommended to Jacqueline by: No one, but the series was recommended to me by a kind Barns-And
Shelves: series-dark-hunter, author-sherrilyn-kenyon, trope-hero-tortured, trope-hero-across-the-tracks, trope-heroine-plain-or-ugly, genre-romance-paranormal, trope-heroine-working-class, trope-hilarity-within, trope-heroine-wallflower, trope-not-your-usual-conflict, trope-lessons-in-love, trope-hero-alpha, trope-hero-beta, trope-hero-in-pursuit, trope-hero-introverted, trope-heroine-misfit, trope-heroine-tortured, trope-pnr-fated-to-be-mated, trope-jealousy-runs-amok, trope-lost-heir, trope-hero-jealous-protective, trope-pnr-adventure, trope-pnr-vampires, trope-pnr-nonhumans, trope-pnr-demons, trope-hero-ethnic-flavor, trope-in-deception, trope-hero-fallen, trope-hero-misfit, trope-heroine-prim-and-proper, trope-big-misunderstanding, trope-fairy-tale-ugly-duckling, trope-heroine-scorned, trope-shhh-its-a-secret, trope-forbidden-love, trope-perfect-banter, trope-hero-recluse, trope-hero-deformity-scars-disabled, trope-heroine-plus-sized, trope-hero-in-disguise, trope-hero-in-deception, trope-hero-job-self-made, trope-pnr-magic-or-occult, trope-hero-knight-in-shining-armor, trope-revenge-plot, trope-pnr-hero-beast-shifter, trope-pnr-human-other-pairing, trope-pnr-heroine-human, trope-pnr-hero-cursed, trope-pnr-hero-warlock, trope-pnr-heroine-saves-the-day, trope-pnr-shifters, trope-heroine-job-owned-business, trope-hero-job-warrior, trope-siblings-or-family-within, trope-pnr-dark-and-dark-forces, trope-pnr-hero-nonhuman, trope-hero-smitten-with-heroine, trope-mistaken-or-hidden-identity, trope-second-chance-together, trope-older-man-younger-woman, trope-hero-feels-inferior, trope-courtship-dance, trope-opposites-attract, trope-heroine-extroverted, classified-series, classified-five-stars
Read: January 2, 2014 - January 8, 2014
Read: March 22, 2010 - March 23, 2010
Read: January 22, 2009
Read: December 2008
Read: April 2007
Read: August 3, 2005

You know that particular (show/book/movie/character/actor/song/etc.) that people are always going on about, the one that accumulates so many fan-girl screams that Helen Keller herself could hear the piercing level of awesomeness? You're inevitably thinking, "This (insert relevant item here) can't POSSIBLY be that damn great!" Well, you're wrong.
Tilly Slaton
Nov 23, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night Play is the Dark-Hunter story of Vane and Bride.

This is one of my favorite stories in this series. Their relationship is inspiring and I found myself holding my breath as I read through wonderfully intimate (sexual and non-sexual) scenes.

Vane is a wolf. The whole story behind him is a bit complex so I will leave well enough alone! He’s a wolf. He’s a man. He’s sexy. Bottom line. Betrayed by their father, Vane and Fang are left hanging from a tree. If the alligators don’t get them, the Daim
Exina
Jun 13, 2015 Exina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointment
"There's something inside you that scares me, Vane. Are you sure you're normal?"

Vane looked so promising in the previous books, but I’m disappointed by his character now.

I understand his unwillingness to force Bride into anything, as the "claiming can never be forced on a female", but his doubts and uncertanties are exaggerated.

I like his magical powers: they are said to be unique and superlative, but sadly there is no real action in the story where he can actually show how powerful he is.
Juli
Apr 14, 2016 Juli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Por Dios como hace esta mujer para que ame todos y cada uno de sus libros!
En este tenemos la historia de Vane
PepperP0t
Arcadian were-hunter, Vane's is taken to task for his actions in Night Embrace. His brother Fang shares the cruel punishment doled out by the pack and they're left to fight for their lives or die. Unable to ever go home, Vane takes up residence in Sanctuary, run by the Peltier were-bear family with his comatose brother.

During his pity-party walk-about Vane, gets an up close and personal look at the delightful, quirky and image conscious Bride McTierney. For the second time, Vane wants nothing m
Julie
Nov 16, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vane. That is one name that often comes up when I mention to people that I am reading Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. “Oh that Vane, he’s so hot!”, “Oh that Vane, he’s so dreamy!”, “Oh that Vane, he can take me up against a tree and growl in my ear any day!” Ooookay then… So, after hearing that, I was quite excited to finally be reading about the infamous Vane Kattalakis, the wolf man, in “Night Play”.

It was nice to step away from the “vampire” Dark-Hunter world and explore the shape shif
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

I must have screwed up the order of this series because I’ve read the ones after this but found that I had missed this one! It drove me nuts when I found out so I decided to read it right away and boy was I glad that I did. Vane is sex on a stick! It’s really no wonder why Suzanne (and others) have already claimed him for their harems. He’s a dream!
Of course, the best thing about this book is the fact that he loves bigger women. Bride isn’t comfortable about her appeara
Myvampfiction
Nov 22, 2011 Myvampfiction rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review by Meesh

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

Tastes change a lot as a woman ages. When we're young and reckless, lots of us look at just the outer package. We want the flash. We want sexy and successful. A lot of young women will ignore a lot of very bad habits in men if they're good looking enough, drive a great car (or in my case, motorcycle), or have enough money. Then we grow up, which a lot of us feel is a very good thing. But what isn't good is the impetus for maturing.

Let me be a lit
Louise
My first ever DH book, I can't believe it:) it feels like... well last year haha, way back when I don't know there's a Goodreads site...happy memories:)

There's so much information on who, what, where and how these characters came from especially the Hero, but it was explained in every detailed in the beginning,which got me interested in the first place. So...I won't going to tackle that anymore but I'll make some rambling thoughts about the Hero and Heroine and also why I love this book!:)

I love
Ravioli Rachel
Mar 06, 2013 Ravioli Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite of the Dark-Hunter Series so far... however I still enjoyed it immensely!

Quick Recap -

Things I loved

1. Simi, she is awesome. I. Love. Her. Her lines are the best in the series.

2. When Vane puts Bride's ex-boyfriend Taylor in his place, not once but TWICE! Take that you douche-canoe!!!

3. My jalapeno green nails (okay so that has nothing to do with the series, but I keep staring at them while I'm typing... they are awesome)

Napolean
Napolean lurvs the Dark-Hunter Series

Onward, to the n
Tessa Teevan
Oct 09, 2015 Tessa Teevan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, reread
Reread: October 2015

This gif perfectly describes the Dark Hunter universe. It's definitely my favorite series EVER. I kind of want to worship at the feet of Sherrilyn Kenyon. I adored Vane and Bride!! And getting to see Kyrian, Acheron, and Julian was a treat!

Melissa ***BITCH, I'M READING!***
So I should read this after Kiss Of The Night(Dark Hunter 4) and before I read The 5th Dark hunter book Seize The Night?
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Another great addition to the series. They just keep getting better. Really loved the kinder, sweeter nature & tone of this one. A Must Read as is the series!! :)
Esther Langdon
Feb 16, 2016 Esther Langdon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4'5. Jolines, estoy adorando la saga *-* y Ash, te superas <3
A Million More Pages: 6 - Night Play (DH): Jun 1 42 20 Jun 28, 2015 06:04PM
Kenyons Minions: Night Play BOTM 60 64 Jun 02, 2014 09:25AM
Characters you want to kiiiiiiill 95 263 Sep 08, 2013 02:18PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 6 Night Play (Mar 16 to 31) 41 20 Apr 16, 2013 12:18AM
Order of Series 3 32 Dec 07, 2008 01:36PM
Kenyon Minions 1 23 Feb 11, 2008 08:51AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter #6)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

“I think infatuation is like a garden. If tended and cared for, it grows into love. If neglected or abused it dies. The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it.
-Vane”
315 likes
“Life is gamble, It's harsh and painful most of the time, and it's not for the timid. Spoils go to the victor, not to the one who doesn't even show up for the battle."

-Acheron”