Start by marking “Pandora Hearts, Volume 09” as Want to Read:
Pandora Hearts, Volume 09

Pandora Hearts, Volume 09 (Pandora Hearts #9)

4.54  ·  Rating Details ·  2,296 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
The incuse on Oz Vessalius’s chest ticks onward, but the young heir to one of the four great dukedoms directs his gaze back, seeking the facts behind a centuries-old tragedy. Intent on examining the ruins of Sablier despite warnings to scare him away, Oz and his makeshift party of explorers wander through the remnants of the former capital in search of clues to shed light ...more
Published 2009 by Square Enix

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Hearts, Volume 09, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Hearts, Volume 09

Amy Keeley
Oct 30, 2012 Amy Keeley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of good mysteries, dark fantasies, and good gosh did I just see what I think I saw?
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. Had to get that out.

Okay...on to the review.

First, off, this volume is all about reconnecting to who you really are. Which makes a lot of sense because we started off this volume with Gil finding out about Oz's incuse, a bunch of memories that are deeply troubling Gil, Alice with questions of her own about how the illegal contract is progressing, and, of course, Oz still trying to figure out why his sin is his very being.

Each of t
Sarah Hayes
May 16, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
All my Oz and Gil feels. Have them. Just take them, you cruel manipulative manga, you. Also, ECHO. Oh lord, Echo. Come here, Echo, I'll hug you and feed you and keep you safe baby. And yay, more Glen! And his cute nerdy friend whose name escapes me. Can we has more Oz/Glen scenes, please?
Cassandra
The Oz and Gil feels in this volume was too much for me! I also feel bad for Echo, poor baby. And GLEN?!?!? WHAT?!?!? UGHHHHHHhh!

*whispers* Gilbert is so fucking pretty...
Gabriella Alaniz
May 18, 2016 Gabriella Alaniz rated it really liked it
This series is burying me with all these questions.
MissAnnThrope
24 July 2013

Rating:

Oh, Jun Mochichizuki, you are such a tease. Every time I think I'm going to take a much needed break from this series, Mochizuki drops a tantalizing treat at the last minute to lure me back in. The ending of Pandora Hearts, Vol. 9 did just that and now I'm left salivating for the next volume. Damn you, Jun Mochizuki.

This volume is quite exciting and had me captivated nearly throughout the entire book. More backstories and mysteries, familiar faces, and split-personalities
Jordan
May 21, 2012 Jordan rated it it was amazing
~Mild Spoilers~
Jun Mochizuki draws such amazing face expressions, funny and emotional. And they aren't getting old; rather, more varied and loveable. The art really is beautiful/adorable, and fits perfectly with the funny moments and the angst. Neither would be the same with any other art.
Not to say that Pandora Hearts is cute in a 'harmless' way... Psycopaths abound. More so as time passes, it seems, among both the people who try to be one and the people who don't.
Well, things continue to be in
Mal
May 21, 2015 Mal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Schmid
Mar 20, 2015 Michael Schmid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Es war einfach wieder perfekt *____*
Jamie (Books and Ladders)
Chapter 34 Rating: 3.5*
Chapter 35 Rating: 3.5*
Chapter 36 Rating: 4*
Chapter 37 Rating: 4.5*
Overall Rating: 4*

As I said in my status updates after the chapters, I find that a lot of this is getting to be a bit repetitive. I don't mind that the characters all feel the same way about getting their memories back, I just wish we didn't have to hear about it every single chapter. Or even if they thought different things about it, like maybe Alice is nervous but feels like she won't be complete without
Lanie
Jul 12, 2016 Lanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga and fantasy fans
Fucking perfect. I love how much of Gil we get to see in this volume. He's probably my favorite. :) also loved seeing Elliot again. & the beginning part with Vincent. The scenes at the orphanage were simply beautiful. So sweet and sad and touching.

So good the plot is moving forward wonderfully, and I'm so glad to be learning more while seeing so much character development. :) especially with how focused this volume seemed. Some are super hard to follow with how much stuff is going on. There'
Mary
Jan 30, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
3.5 No spoilers

"If all hope has been taken away...even despair...can no longer exist-"

Well, we finally are starting to get the answers we've been dying to know....and I am in shock. It's another great volume for sure but it is definitely setting up a bigger story for the next volume.

Elliot appears!!!!!!!! You guys, I love him....I really, really do. And we finally learn why he hates the Vessalius family, but don't worry, because he was always a kind person at heart, and he really does care about
ArdnAskelA
Nov 22, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Aww.. J'en ai rêvé de cette ville et enfin les personnages s'y rendent ! :D
Il y a peut-être 178 pages, mais ça m'a semblé si court tellement j'ai apprécié ma lecture ^^ J'en suis même restée bouche bée sur la fin.. mais chut,je ne dirais pas plus, à vous de le découvrir en lisant ;D

PS: L'hors-sujet sur les pages de couvertures avec Jack-n m'a tué.. XD Déjà la tête de Jack-n est un cas ! On dirait vraiment un OTNI, lol. Et puis c'est quoi cette passion des mandarines ?! o_O
Kate
Mar 27, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
My only real complaint with Pandora Hearts is that I can't keep the story straight between volume releases. I always have to go back and reread the previous volume so I can remember what is going on. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because I think I'm really going to love rereading this series when it's complete. It's just that crazy stuff happens and I get a little tiny bit lost.

Pandora Hearts has a lot of things that appeal to me - the art style, the characters (I love Oz), the mystery. It
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
Apr 15, 2012 Courtney (Storybook Slayers) rated it really liked it
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The whole revamping of Alice in Wonderland into a dark and twisted manga following a Boy named Oz and an chain named Alice (B Rabbit) definitely caught my eye when searching for a new manga to read. The art work is astounding and I fell in love from page one. Not just that, but the chilling mystery behind Oz and what he is truly guilty of does peck at my skin, the anticipation of knowing the secret haunts me every time I read :) A truly
Derrick Bjorklund
Mar 27, 2013 Derrick Bjorklund rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga, favorites
Overall i enjoy the reunion of Elliot and Oz as these two when together always make me laugh. and the way the Story plays out is somewhat unexpected but the major plot twists are fewer and farther between. I can't wait to continue onto the next volume!

*spoiler moment*
Oz and company travel to the site of the "Tragedy" and end up running into Elliot and Leo again. and Gilbert tries to kill Alice but couldn't complete the act.
Ekam
Oct 27, 2015 Ekam rated it liked it
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I feel about this series so far. By no means is this book 'bad' but I feel like taking a break. I'm not quite sure what's happening and I seem to be finishing them because I want to be done and over with it. Not because I'm enjoying the story.
Sometime soon, I'll probably read the tenth volume, just for the sake of reading the tenth volume, but as of right now, I have no interest in continuing on.
Chia-Tung
Sep 27, 2016 Chia-Tung rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Echo has double personality and is punished for fraternizing with the enemy (in this case, Oz) during the festival.

Oz and his friends go to the point where it all began, Sablier. And they meet Elliot and Leo again! YEAH! So fun~ ehehe

The mysterious "Lacie is mentioned" and Oz has the right to B-Rabbit's power? OOOOOHHHHHH~~~~

I love the foreshadowings done in Pandora Hearts. So sophisticated!
Miss Ryoko
Apr 07, 2012 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
O-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! The ending!!!!!!! I can't wait for the 10th volume! Crazy!

This series is pretty neat but I'm still confused as to who goes where and does what. But oh well, I love almost all the characters and this volume made me go :o a number of times! Once all the volumes are out, I'll have to get them all and read them consecutively. Perhaps then things will make a little more sense
Corley
Apr 28, 2012 Corley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
With every volume, you learn something new, and it just gets even better! One thing I like is that it isn't paced slowly; it flows along quickly, but it's not too rushed. I love the chapter "Noise Of Echo," and getting to find out more about her was really cool. Seeing inside more memories near the end was also a treat. Volume 10 next!
Jenny
Jul 27, 2009 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shounen-manga
[Ch. 34-37:]

Aw, poor Echo. ):
Wow, I can't believe she has a split personality.. Noise is a bit creepy.. >_>

I'm glad we got to see Phillipe and Elliot again. (:

I hope Alice, Oz, and Gil can make it out of the Abyss! It looks like Oz might've, but he looks deranged so I don't know.. Yay for Break coming and saving the day! :D
Miss
Jun 05, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it
Oh Echo sweetheart. Come here. All this Vincent-Zwei business is terrible, let me cuddle you and support you with reclaiming your body. And possibly when you're feeling better you can hang out with Gil and everyone else I want to keep safe in my pocket while they work out their memory/split personality trauma.

Also welcome back Elliott. 4 stars
Nərmin
Good God! The manga is confusing and surprising, and beautifully depressing...
The art is becoming more beautiful and I like their expressions and emotions shown in the manga.
I also love the complex characters and knowing their backstories. All in all, I am super-addicted to this manga!
scarlettraces
Jun 06, 2013 scarlettraces rated it liked it
(3.5) i still tend to get Break and Vincent muddled up, and when one has to try out different characters in the storyline to see which fits better, it can detract from one's enjoyment. but that's possibly more my problem than the story's fault. plotwise, everything is coming together nicely.
Aubrey Hansen
Jul 03, 2013 Aubrey Hansen rated it really liked it
Content warning: Brief sexual content. Vincent (the atrocious jerk) is hitting on Lottie (who, admittedly, is asking for it with her whorish attitude) and puts his hand up her shirt in one frame. (No skin is shown.)
Adriana
Jan 06, 2013 Adriana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The beginning of the story wasn't pretty captivating, but I gave it a chance and now I can say I really enjoy reading this story!! One of the best Ive read. If you like suspence, fantasy and mystery you going to love this one.
Lori
Jan 04, 2015 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Reviewed for the Manga Xanadu blog. http://manga.jadedragononline.com/blo...
Sookies
Aug 11, 2013 Sookies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un neuvième tome tout en révélations et en complications. Plus on avance et plus on s'y perd. Tout est relier, ce manga à le don de m'intriguer au plus au point !
AnnaWeasley
Feb 06, 2013 AnnaWeasley rated it it was amazing
Jetzt gehts richtig los!
VErdammt spannendes Ende.. ich bin froh, dass ich den 10. Band direkt schon hier habe und nicht so lange warten muss!
Pandora Hearts ist erstklassig.. jeder Manga! :)
Nadia
Nadia rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Hayden Olsen
Hayden Olsen rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2011
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)
  • Karneval, Vol. 6 (Karneval, #6)
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 05
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...

Pandora Hearts (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Pandora Hearts パンドラハーツ 1