Fairy Tale Weddings: Cindy and the Prince / Some Kind of Wonderful

Fairy Tale Weddings: Cindy and the Prince / Some Kind of Wonderful (Legendary Lovers #1-2)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  919 ratings  ·  100 reviews
Fairy Tales Can Come True

Cindy and the Prince

Thorndike Prince—handsome, levelheaded, successful—is a high-ranking New York City executive. Cindy Territo is the janitor who cleans his office after hours. There's no reason they'd ever meet, no reason he'd even notice her—until, on a whim and a dare, Cindy crashes his company's Christmas ball. Sh...more
Published November 24th 2009 by Mira (first published November 1st 2009)

Kathleen Burket
Fairy Tale Weddings contains two previously published Debbie Macomber novels: Cindy and the Prince (1987), a modern version of the story of Cinderella, and Some Kind of Wonderful (1988), a modern version of the story of Beauty and the Beast. Both were happy, joyful reads for the holiday season that affirmed the miracles of the old fairy tales.

Cindy and the Prince is the story of Cindy Territo, a computer programming student by day and maid by night for the offices of Oakes-Jenning Financial Ser...more
Susan
Contains retellings of two classic fairy tales.

Cindy And The Prince

A modern day Cinderella tale that takes place in New York City. Cindy Territo is a janitor that cleans offices after hours. Thorndike Prince is a handsome and successful high ranking executive. Cindy has been cleaning his office and has made her own assumptions of who he is. She is shocked, after being shown a photo of him in the paper, to find that he is young and quite handsome. However he does have a photo of a beautiful woman...more
Kathy
Two Stories

Cindy and the Prince

Cindy Terrino is a part time student, part time janitor... Thorne Prince is an up and coming vice president - and Cindy cleans his office at night.

Teasingly pushed into going to the company Christmas Ball with an invitation thrown away by Thorne's secretary, Cindy and Thorne have a marvelous evening (after she rescues him from a bore - tells him she's disappointed in her Prince - that she is Cinderella - but then they dance). Though she doesn't plan on seeing him a...more
Nicole
I enjoyed both of these stories. The first was a modern take on Cinderella. I thought it was an interesting take. I never imagined Prince Charming would be so grumpy. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story. The second story was a modern take of Beauty and the Beast. I was curious how the author was going to create a beast and was glad for the absence of magic and that the beast wasn't physically a beast, but just cruel and heartless man. A beast in every sense of the word, except in appearance. Not t...more
Lynda
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's work. This particular volume reinvents two traditional fairy tales: Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. Both have slightly simplistic approaches to the problems each protagonist faces. There were times, especially in "Some Kind of Wonderful" that I wondered if the plot could actually happen. Yet, those are attributes of fairy tales. There are real problems and people behaving badly, but in the end truth and good win.
AngieA
Nice updated version of two classic tales (Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast) where the women are not quite the stereotype. The Prince in "Cindy and the Prince" was a lot more likeable than the "Beast in Some Kind of Wonderful"; but then I guess that was the point. Lots of kissing but that's as far as it went. Reprints of Macomber's early efforts, these are a fluffy, fun read.
Glenda L
Two more relaxing reads by Debbie Macomber. I love reading these when I don't have anything else to do. Cindy and the Prince is a take-off of Cinderella and Some Kind of Wonderful is a take-off from Beauty and the Beast. Both are fanciful, beautiful stories ... wonderful for a night when you can't sleep.
A Woods
3.75-4 I want my own modern-day-fairy-tale now STARS

This book is written in two parts. First story is about Cind(erella)y (get it?) and her Prince (LITERALLY that is what the guy's name is). Its very clique in the beginning. Especially the line:

Cindy: I feel as if I was born for this night
Prince: I feel as if I was born for you

This was me: . I could not decide how to react to that line. I mean I am a closet romantic but even that line was a tad bit toooo much but the author made up qui...more
Carol
two amusing updates of two classic fairy tales. I enjoyed Cindy and the Prince, the Cinderella update more than the updated version of Beauty and the beast.
Phyllis
Fairy Tale Weddings contains two previously published Debbie Macomber novels. Cindy and her Prince is a modern retelling of Cinderella and Some Kind of Wonderful is a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

My Review:

I usually don't like to read two stories in one book but this book was an exception. Cindy and Her Prince was ok, but I didn't particularly care for the story line. It was unrealistic to me because Thorne fell in love with Cindy almost instantly. I guess that is what makes the stor...more
Denise
Fairy Tale Weddings Cindy and the Prince\Some Kind of Wonderful is a re-release of two of Debbie's books from 20 years ago. I really don't like that her publisher does this on a frequent basis. I had not read Cindy And The Prince which is a modern day version of Cinderella but I had read Some Kind of Wonderful, a modern day Beauty and the Beast (of sorts). Both stories were good, I cried buckets--my eyes are so swollen today! I won't say more about the stories other than "think about the fairy t...more
Doris
Normally, when older stories are republished, you can really tell by the style it was written in. Not in this case, though. I am not sure whether Debbie Macomber revised and updated the tales before republishing or not, in any event, the heroines do feel as if they are twenty-first century women.
The title 'Fairy Tale' is meant literally, too. Essentially, the author adapted Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast to modern day life and did a wonderful job of it. Neither story feels contrived and the...more
Melanie Thorburn
This book has two stories in it. I will start with the first one Cindy and the Prince.

Cindy and the Prince is a modern day Cinderella story. Cindy was a night time janitor that cleans Thornes (Prince) office. She learns a lot about him from his office. She "crashes" the Christmas ball and meets him for the first time and he falls in love with her. Throughout the entire story it is a cat and mouse game. She doesn't want him to know who she really is because she feels that she is not good enough....more
April Mumme
Great book! 2 stories in one great read! I do believe that I would love to be on an island with a great man to spoil me, and getting to ride a horse would be so wonderfully a joy, and swimming I love swimming, riding a horse on a beach is my biggest dream ever! Love the stories very much!!!
Tiffany
I found both of these stories very cute.

First is the story of Cindy and Thorn Prince. Cindy is the cleaning lady in his office building. She shows up at his work Christmas party to play the part of Cinderella and there their relationship begins.

The second story is about John and Judy. John was raised in foster care and fought his way to be a brilliant business man. He of course is loaded and bought himself his own island (wouldn't that be nice). Judy's fathers business is one that John wants to...more
Arra Bonacua
Adorable!! Tho, I like Beauty and the Beast originally, but here I happen to like Cindy and the Prince (Cinderella) more, than Some kind of Wonderful (Beauty amd the Beast)
Katie Watkins
Two fairy tales retold for modern times. I enjoyed the Cinderella story better. It was set in NYC during the holidays. Cindy was a janitor who cleaned Mr. Prince's office. She swiped an invitation to the company Christmas ball from a garbage can and set out to spend a night with her "prince." The second story was a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. The man, McFarland, was a real beast and I couldn't stand how he treated Judy. He "forced" her to go to his island to amuse him in exchange for not...more
Cindy Kester
Always good to read a sappy, happy feel good life ever after book once in a while!
Phyllis Swain
Liked both of these books:
1) Cindy and the Prince: Cindy the cleaning lady finds her prince in the man's office that she cleans.
2) Some Kind of Wonderful: Judy (Beauty) finds her Beast in John who is trying to take away her father's business and almost holds her hostage on his private island.
Annalisa
This book is actually two books that are a modern day retelling of Cinderella and Beauty & the Beast. I love fairy tales and these happen to be two of my favorites so I really liked this book. I would have to say I liked the Beauty & The Beast story a little bit more but that is my all time favorite fairy tale so I'm probably a little biased. If you are looking for a fun light contemporary romance this book is perfect.

Heather
May 03, 2011 Heather marked it as to-read
Shelves: chicklit
Ok, again, I know...

Buttttt I just couldn't pass it up! I've never read Macomber before, and I am trying to expand my author list. She is a much-loved author by several patrons in our library, and this title seemed appropriate as I plan my very own fairy tale wedding.

We will see...

Oh, and Cinderella is one of my favorites - who doesn't love a modern day tale involving Prince Charming???
Syeda Nessa
Wow!!! This is all I can. Debbie Macomber is an excellent writer and rewroote the fairy tales wonderfully. My favorite fairy tale Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast was written in a modern day setting. Even though it was placed in the present day adn the characters where were like modern day humans she did not loose the original meaning or magic of the story. I loved it and recommend everyone to read it.
Susan
I love these fairy tale stories. The first one is a Cinderella story and the second Beauty and the beast. I though they stayed pretty close the the original stories though in a modern setting. They are light and leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling. I need that sometimes. The characters share much of the mentality of the original cast so sometimes seem a bit unreal as they should.
Natalie
The premise of this book caught my attention of this book for it was suppose to be a retelling of 2 of some of the most beloved Fairy Tales, "Cinderella" and "Beauty and the Beast". Sadly, it was too squeaky clean and super duper corny for my taste. I think I might just pass on Debbie Macomber for a while. :/
Melody
Only read the first story, and kinda skimmed at that.

Very 80's and very innocent. Saccharine even. And reads like an "early work".

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these fairy-tales-retold to a young romance reader and probably would have greatly enjoyed them when they were originally published (1987-88) and I was younger myself.
Kelley
Bought this one because I was working in the Rockland office this summer & needed something to do during lunch. I put it down because it was too predictable & weakly written...BUT since I have such a hard time putting a book down without finishing it I did finish reading it. A current telling of Cinderella and Beauty & the Beast...
Nancynova
Early Debbie Macomber: Cindy is the cleaning lady and Thorndike Prince is the VP of the company. Cindy snags a ticket to the company ball out of a trash can while cleaning, and crashes the ball pretending to be Cinderella. She never expects Thorne to persue her, break off his almost engagement and fall in love with her!
Cary
I just picked this up off the shelf... had to check its sensuality rating and it wasn't reviewed! But all her other books were "kisses" or "subtle" so I figured I take a chance! Liked it a lot and didn't want to put it down at bedtime! Always a good experience when you lose yourself in the pages of a book!
Stacy
2 stories based on fairy tales. The first one is based on Cinderella and I enjoyed this story much more than the second one based on Beauty & the Beast. The stories are revised from books written in the 80's and resemble Harlequin type romances.

The books are easy and fast reads but a tad boring and unexciting.
SheLove2Read
The first story - Cindy & The Prince - is a sweet romance about an average girl who meets a rich banker. It was a little dated and almost saccharin sweet, but overlooking that, a nice short read.

The second story is called Some Kind of Wonderful and was a dnf for me. Felt very old skool Diana Palmerish.
  • Making Spirits Bright
  • Return to Rose Cottage: The Laws of Attraction\For the Love of Pete
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • The Lightkeeper
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Ella's Big Chance: A Jazz-Age Cinderella
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Dream Stalker (The Tracker #1)
  • Secrets & Sunsets: Risky Business / Mind Over Matter
  • Springwater Wedding (Springwater, #7)
  • Perfect Timing
  • One in a Million (Silhouette Special Edition, #1543)
  • Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)