Start by marking “Blood And Honor (Honor Bound, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood And Honor (Honor Bound, #2)

Blood And Honor (Honor Bound #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,232 ratings  ·  23 reviews
If you enjoyed W. E. B. Griffin's Honor Bound, you should segue with pleasure into this involving sequel. Set in Buenos Aires in 1943, it follows the adventures of three American soldiers as they think and fight their way through a complex story about Nazi sympathizers, dedicated supporters of the Allied cause, and other people just trying to stay alive. As we've come to e ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 27th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Blood And Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood And Honor

JBradford
This book is a sequel to Honor Bound, which I have not read. It demonstrates many of the characteristics I am beginning to think of as W.E.B. Griffin trademarks: ridiculously formal use of full names and titles, obtuse cablegrams from Washington officials, and a mixture of real historical figures and characters larger than life (who all drink Famous Grouse whisky and get into girls’ panties much too easily). The protagonist here is Major Cletus Howell Frade, who led the OSS team that sank a Germ ...more
David
This was a very interesting book-- even if the Presidential Agent series is simply a rehash of this World War II series set in a modern era. I learned some things about Argentina as I read this one. I was drawn into the Argentine customs as well as the description of the 1943 military coup that took place.

With that said.. Griffin's books are just a bit overkill in two areas. The characterization is rich, but the characters here are just too similar to those in the Presidential Agent series. At
LadyCalico
To be fair I got this book by being 1/3 of three friends who pass their books along to each other. The other two are guys (a retired doctor and lawyer) who have IQ's through the stratophere ( I don't), are Veterans (I'm not), and read a lot of war and spy novels (I only read the ones they give me). They both obviously loved this book more than I did. I enjoyed it; they both raved about it. So I would conclude this is not only guy-lit but smart-guy lit, so if you are a guy take anything positive ...more
Will
Intro to Argentine Frades and the Nazi Ranson of Jews. Sensing a coup d'etat, the Germans assassinate Jorge Frade, the leader of the revolutionaries on his ranch. His son Cletus, who has recently returned to Argentina from the Pacific front, immediately smells Nazi complicity and begins pulling the strings to discover a secret Nazi cash program where concentration camp Jews pay ransom for freedom. The ransom cash is to be invested in Argentina for when the Nazis must surrender and go into hiding ...more
Sheila
Dec 18, 2013 Sheila rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Tom Clancy
Recommended to Sheila by: myself
This was my first book by this author. I liked Tom Clancy writing so this was a very good read. I had trouble keeping up with all of the characters and ridiculously long full names and titles. There is not much suspense as history tells who won the war. The book is based in USA, Germany and Argentina involved in Coup D'Etat at the time of World War II For 700 odd pages it was too long and repetitive at times with too much description. I may read his writing in the future.
Bonnie
I really liked this book in spite of the I guess you could say the hotbloodedness of the hero's fiancee. Also I had to wonder if drinking as much as the characters' did is realistic. Since no one in our family drinks I'm not too up on the subject.

But those objections are rather trivial. The story was quite interesting and kept my interest throughout. I guess the proof of whether I liked it or not is that I'm anxious to read the next book.
George
Wow, what a book. Griffin did it again. I can hardly wait to get into his next book in this series (Secret Honor). As usual, I had a tough time putting this book down, once I got into it.
If any of you are into a lot of action, plus a human interest story, I recommend this book, but suggest you read "Honor Bound" first. "Blood and Honor" is a continuation of "Honor Bound".
Pa
Apr 01, 2008 Pa rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in the politics of WWII
This book is a story of espionage and political intrigue in Argentina during World War II (i.e. 1943). The allies and axis were competing for favor in neutral Argentina, which was itself on the verge of a military coup. The characters are fairly interesting (with a mix of good and bad on both sides. A fairly good read, though not exceptional.
Fredrick Danysh
aajor Cletus Frade, USMC, is home in New Orleans when he learns of his father's assassination. Returning to Argentina as an OSS agent, he attempts to locate a German submarine resupply ship while determining exactly who is responsible for his father's death. He receives shocking news from his nineteen year old girlfriend.
Jake
Set in the spy-infested capital of Argentina in 1943, Griffin's newest is a sequel to Honor Bound (1994) and adheres to the author's usual recipe of good guys, bad women and broad but sometimes transparent suspense and melodrama. Clete Frade is a Marine C
M-dawg
This is soppused to be a military-based book, but I found that instead of being a miliart book with the characters facing other problems, it is a book about how terrible the main character's lives are. The main idea is overshadowed by the "fluff"
Sue
I had a little trouble keeping up with all of the characters and found them a little flat. Otherwise it is a good war story. We don't think of Argentina in 1943 when we think of WWII, so that was interesting.
Charles Tremann
Perfect blend of excitement and history. Another excellent book by this author.
J.W. Thompson
This was one of my favorite in this series---read it years ago
Lee Savino
still getting through my closet full of audio cassettes!
Craig
Loved it a hell of a lot better then the first one.
David Reynolds
Clete rocks! A real natural!
Mike
Starts with a bang.
Cws
M Gri
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Brad McWilliams
Brad McWilliams marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Christer
Christer marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • Blood of the Prophets: Brigham Young and the Massacre at Mountain Meadows
  • Whirlwind: The Air War Against Japan, 1942-1945
  • Fires of War (Larry Bond's First Team, #3)
  • Bright Star (Scott Dixon, #2)
  • See You Later Alligator
  • Truman's Spy: A Cold War Spy Story
  • Hanging Curve
  • Massacre at Mountain Meadows
  • Mass Casualties: A Young Medic's True Story of Death, Deception, and Dishonor in Iraq
  • Churchill and America
  • Enemy in Sight (Richard Bolitho, #12)
  • Dead Shot (Kyle Swanson Sniper, #2)
  • Black Wind
W.E.B. Griffin is one of several pseudonyms for William E. Butterworth III.

From the Authors Website:

W.E.B. Griffin is the #1 best-selling author of more than fifty epic novels in seven series, all of which have made The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Publishers Weekly, and other best-seller lists. More than fifty million of the books are in print in more than ten languages, including Heb
More about W.E.B. Griffin...

Honor Bound (7 books)
  • Honor Bound (Honor Bound, #1)
  • Secret Honor (Honor Bound, #3)
  • Death and Honor (Honor Bound, #4)
  • The Honor of Spies (Honor Bound, #5)
  • Victory and Honor (Honor Bound, #6)
  • Empire and Honor (Honor Bound, #7)
The Hostage (Presidential Agent, #2) Semper Fi (The Corps, #1) By Order of the President (Presidential Agent, #1) The Lieutenants (Brotherhood of War, #1) The Berets (Brotherhood of War, #5)