Start by marking “Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #2)

Bottled Up (Bottled Up #2)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  709 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Sean Bielecki has built a new life, leaving an infamous identity and painful past behind. Now Sommelier Wines is Sean's dream. And after taking in Bobby, a homeless teenager who was attacked in the alley behind his store, parental instincts wake in him that didn't know he had, giving him new courage and direction. Officer Sam Davis has been watching Sean for a while-not be...more
Published July 20th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bottled Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottled Up

Daisiemae
Oct 20, 2009 Daisiemae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers who enjoy a loving gay romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: He's one of my favorite authors
Andrew Grey’s books are becoming an automatic buy for me. I really enjoy getting to know his characters and he never disappoints me with his interesting stories and sweet romance.

Bottled Up is no exception.

Sean’s life took a change for the better in one day. He saved homeless teenaged Bobby from being attacked behind his store, not knowing that just being around the sixteen year old boy would bring out parenting instincts he had thought he’d never had. While filing the police report he became ac...more
Erotic Horizon
4.5 Stars

When Sean Bielecki is alerted to a scuffle at the back of his wine shop – Sommelier Wines he literally had no fear and just knew he had to help the underdog. The underdog in question is Bobby and meeting Bobby will change Sean’s life in such a way that he had never image or even hoped for.

Sean knows hurt and the need for safety when he sees it so he had no problem with extending his hand and his home to Bobby. Bobby eager for any scrap of kindness he can get soaks it up and soon becomes...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.75*

When I read one of Andrew Grey's books I know what I'm going to get.
I'm going to get a sweet story, likely unrealistic, idealized and after some sad and difficult issues from the past are overcome life is cupcakes and rainbows and puppies bathed in glitter.
And you know what? That's OK!
I wanted a feel good read, where the MCs love each other, they don't deny it, they don't doubt it, even the teenager is special and nice and thankful ( a miracle is what that is! LOL) the surrounding characte...more
Rossy
Oct 20, 2009 Rossy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rossy by: Friends
Shelves: series-mm-smexin
The 3rd book in a group of friends who live in the same town. Andrew Gray tells us the story of how a family came together.

The story deals with some very delicate issues. Luckily for us Grey was able to present the characters in such a way that showed the respect, understanding, and unity that can only be felt by those who truly love you.I really enjoyed the fact that though there were some sad moments the story did not make me want to cry, but rather hope that something will happen later on to...more
Elisa Rolle
Bottled Up is a full romance, with all the cliche of the good old romance (the hunky cop, the perfect family, the nice neighborhood), and it's also the proof that a man can write romance. Truth be told, it's more than a proof, since Bottled Up is way more romantic than any romance I read lately.

Sean is a nice gay guy. He is the owner of a winery, no apparently money issues, a bunch of good friends, a supporting family and even a boyfriend. Well this last is maybe the only thing not so perfect,...more
Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Audiobook....review to follow
Mary
I'm always a sucker for soft reads-books that don't have too much angst, too much gratuitous sex, etc. Bottled up was a great read and became one of my favorites, along with Wes & Toren, Sutcliffe Cove, or Caught Running. This story is about the bonds of family, the strength and the ties that keep them together through the good times and the bad.

It's about a man-Sean,relearning how to trust and gather confidence by loving someone else-a young boy (Bobby) that has suffered emotionally and is...more
Lily
Sean owns a liquor store and one night he rescues a teenager who's being attacked in the alley behind his store. Bobby is sixteen and has been on the streets for months after running away from his foster home. Right away Sean knows he wants to save Bobby from the dangers of living on the street. With the help of hunky policeman Sam he's able to take Bobby in. Despite a traumatic incident that has affected his sex life Sean and Sam quickly fall in love. Together they find a way to deal with Sean'...more
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
One of the things I’m coming to realize and enjoy about this author’s books is the lack of angst and conflict between the main characters in their relationship. Once the relationship begins to form, it generally grows and gets stronger. The tests tend to come in the form of outside influences causing angst, but not resulting in lots of doubts or misunderstandings between the protagonists. I found this theme did apply in this wonderful story as well.

The character development was awesome in this b...more
Leaundra
I loved this book from the beginning to the end. I know, I love a book when I wish I knew the people in real life. I just loved Sean, Sam and Bobby and all of their family and friends. I'm so glad that Bobby has his own story. I can't wait to visit with everyone again. The start to another great series Andrew...You Rock!!
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
It took me a few days to get to this review because I have mixed feelings about it.

I gave this book three stars for one thing; the relationship between Sean and Bobby,the street kid Sean takes in.

If the style of writing supports the character development, I have no problem with characters who can do no wrong. Andrew Grey definitely creates an atmosphere in his books that makes you believe in a morally flawless character.

Sean Bielecki was flirting with perfection. He runs into a dangerous situati...more
Serena Yates
Tam
Feb 13, 2010 Tam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
For some reason I love this cover. *shrug* Sean runs a wine store and he saves a young kid (16) who’s being attacked behind his store. He feels attached and takes the kid in. His boyfriend freaks but this opens the way or Sam the cop to make his move. It’s basically a story of Sean and Billy getting to know each other at the same time Sam is suddenly dating a single parent plus the guy who attacked Billy is still out there trying to get him but that’s not a huge theme until near the end. To be h...more
Stephanie
xbmbgrl
II am conflicted with my feelings for this book. On one hand, the writing is really very good and I really liked the characters. The way that Sean’s biological clock kicks him in the stomach as soon as he meets Bobby is wonderful to see and experience. The relationship that grows between them is special, loving and I could feel the connection that they both needed.

On the other hand, had the writing been off or the beginning chapter not grabbed my attention, I probably would not have finished re...more
Anna  Matsuyama
I wanted to like this book, I really did. I tried to like it...its not worst story I've read but I couldn't believe half of what was happening in the book, the characters were one dimension and story was boring.

MC Sean is owner of wine shop who saves a teenage boy Bobby from being raped and after police gives green light (yeah just like that) Bobby stays with Sean. Bobby is 16, who looks about 12 and has been living on the street for past six months. I have no idea how he survived on the street...more
Nic
Needing to spend some time with some good people, I took the plunge into another Andrew Grey story. As expected I found a 'hearts and flowers' type romance.

This time the story involves Sean who owns the local wine shop and Sam, the town cop. Sean ends a relationship with a douche bag and on advice from Sean's assistant, Sam 'strikes while the iron is hot', asking Sean on a date.

The romance between Sean and Sam is lovely, with gentle kisses and loving touches, "Thank you for everything. The dinn...more
Charly
Sweet characters, but the writing didn’t do it for me

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 5/10

PROS:
- Sean is a wonderful guy--selfless and patient, kind and passionate and sweet. He’s the sort of guy you want to be friends with, or you want your cousin to date, or you want to be your next door neighbor. And Sam is a more masculine version of him--the perfect macho man who’s also tender and physically demonstrative.
- The story is very sweet, with regard...more
T.M. Smith
Sean Bielecki is a successful business man running his story, Sommelier Wines, with the assistance of his best friend Katie. One afternoon he rescues a young homeless teen from an altercation behind his store. Sean not only relates to the damage that has been done to young Bobby, but the two bond almost instantly. From that moment on they start to build their own quirky little family.

Sam Davis is local cop that came to help Sean and Bobby that day in the alley. He’s also extremely attracted to S...more
Karen
Aug 15, 2010 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I absolutely love these characters and even the town in this series. Except that the teenager, Bobby, supposedly 16 years old, acts more like an 11-year old.

The writing is overall rather light and shallow, but the characters are developed enough to fall in love with. Mr Grey's writing has improved with each book in this series though, and the newest, An Unexpected Vintage, is the best yet.

I enjoyed the best revenge for all the background info that leads up to bottled up.
L-D
Sean Bielecki is the proud owner of Sommelier Wines. Rescuing a homeless teenager in the alley by his store, Sean unexpectedly finds a family, and a love interest in police officer, Sam Davis. I enjoyed this story more than the first book because there wasn't a feeling of insta-love and the romance between the two men was a bit more plausible. Sean and Sam were fantastic characters and the readers were able to see Mark and Tyler from book one quite a bit. The conflict in the story was interestin...more
Amy
Pip has a crappy life and avoids it by drinking, smoking pot and cutting classes. He is disconnected from his family to avoid conflict with his abusive, alcoholic father. The principal finally has enough of his behavior and threatens him so he must start attending counseling sessions. The reality of the story line will draw a lot of readers in who are facing similar situations at home. I would recommend this book to high school students because of the level of drug use and physical and emotional...more
Chris
"Bottled Up was a sweet and involving m/m romance with a some editorial problems. Several of these problems were relatively minor, such as occasionally referring to the main character as ""Shawn"" instead of ""Sean"" and talking about something that happened yesterday as if it had happened today. More significant were the ongoing unclear pronoun references (particularly problematic in an m/m romance!) and the paragraph formatting that made it hard to determine who was speaking. Perhaps these are...more
Lou Sylvre
Grey wove a seamless tale out of a handful of characters and their separate traumas—past or present. The central characters are Sean, the owner of a new business (a wine shop), and a young boy, Bobby, who has been living on the streets. Not to forget Sam, a really hot cop (the love interest ☺). As the story moves along, the characters reveal more layers, and their stories twine together in unexpected ways. Before the end I came to admire them each for their own brand of courage and love. A good...more
Natalia
The writing is elementary, the plot thin, the characters one-dimensional, the dialogue unrealistic. A homeless kid nearly gets raped and is assaulted in the back alley of Sean's store but when the thug gets scared away, the police show up and stand there. They don't handle the situation realistically, they leave the kid with Sean, then simply disappear. People's reactions make no sense and the story pretty much flops on it's face.
Stephen
One of the Worst Books I've Ever Read

The writing is trite, pedantic and overblown. Melodrama at its worst and distinctly poor editing. And, ugh, the "dialogue". Shame on me for not downloading the sample first - I saw all the rave reviews and thought this would be a "don't miss" book: I won't make that mistake again.
Sweet and charming romance between Sean and Sam coupled with Sean rescuing Bobby. The back story was well explained and the characters were well written, including Bobby - I don't normally like children & teenagers in books but Bobby came across as strong willed without being obnoxious. Enjoyable read.
Andrew
Not a fan of this book. I thought that the plot was thin and formulaic. The plot is disturbingly similar to a story line from the show "Queer As Folk". I thought that the character development was lacking and the story wholly unrealistic (even more so than the QAF version). Somewhat disappointed.
Terry Woodson
An extremely well written gay romance. It's the first gay romance I've ever read and it has an amazing plot as well. I'd highly recommend it to all my friends- gay or straight. Very good read (and I'm not much of a romance reader period, preferring Urban Fantasy).
Fairy / Anna
2,5 stars.
I don't remember this book at all :( I think it means something.
At the beginning I gave it 3 stars, cause, I guess, it was pleasant and heartwarming. The thing is, I became much more picky than I used to be. Now I need more than this.
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Ticket to Ride
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Easy
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Her Two Dads
  • Liquid Glass
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Forbidden Freshman (Campus Cravings, #5)
  • The Broken Road
  • Saying I Do (Quinn Security, #3)
  • Where He Ends and I Begin (Home #3)
  • Sammy Dane (Sammy & Friends #2)
  • The Long Way Home
  • Everyone's Man
  • His Beautiful Samurai (Genjin/Holmes Mysteries, #1)

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1) Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) A Shared Range (Range, #1) Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5) Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)