Start by marking “The Bible Of Clay (Unabridged) [Audiobook] [Cd]” as Want to Read:
The Bible Of Clay (Unabridged) [Audiobook] [Cd]

The Bible Of Clay (Unabridged) [Audiobook] [Cd]

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,137 ratings  ·  116 reviews
"In St. Peter's Basilica, a man sits in a confessional asking forgiveness for a murder he's about to commit. And a young priest begins a desperate journey to stop him. . . .
"It's only the beginning of a ruthless race among the world's most powerful to find a rumored cache of sacred texts inscribed with the story of Creation as told by Abraham. This account, on tablets of
Published (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Bible Of Clay (Unabridged) [Audiobook] [Cd], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bible Of Clay (Unabridged) [Audiobook] [Cd]

Forrest
Whew... I am glad I finally finished this book (an exercise in discipline). The book is ok, but I would not necessarily recommend it to anyone. Maybe I had too high of expectations for this book by reading the reviews - which some touted it to be a Dan Brown / Steve Berry novel. Well, I venomously disagree with that. Maybe the book lost some "zip" in its translation - not taking anything away from the translator, Andrew Hufley. I think it was just me. Besides, I am not entertained by accounts fr ...more
Francisco
Pretende ser una "novela histórica" sin conseguirlo. No articula bien las tramas, y es muy floja en general. Incluso en algunos momentos se hace pesada. Y, para rematar el despropósito, la resolución final es completamente inverosimil.
Noelia
No sé por qué insisto en seguir leyendo libros de esta señora, es increíble el poder que ejerce sobre mí la palabra "bestseller", una portada bonita o una edición cuidada.

Al igual que "La hermandad de la sábana santa", no he podido acabarlo, me ha aburrido muchísimo, ni me interesaba el nazi, ni su nieta, ni por qué les perseguían, ni dónde están las tablillas ni la guerra en Irak. Lo he dejado en la pagina 150 por puro aburrimiento.
i had to slog through this. it had a lot of potential, but never could get going until the last 50 pages or so when I began to hope for a redeeming ending, but alas the ending was disappointing too. i was also distracted by the bad translation, especially of the dialogue - no one actually talks like that!
BoekenTrol
Mar 18, 2012 BoekenTrol rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Icila
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: ababaigalit
In the beginning of this book I had a hard time telling apart the characters and, consequently, seperating the story lines.
When the story continued however and the characters appeared more AND more of their back ground was revealed, the story grabbed me and did not let go.

It was a good story, in which war, archeology, greed, hatred, revenge unconditional love, betrayal and trust all had their roles.

At first I could not imagine why a bunch of very old people would hire a hitman to kill another v
Robert
Yes it was O.K. and that was about it. Written in three different time periods with a multitude of characters this is a solid 497 pages of grind. A decent enough story that just takes a while going anywhere. And some of the evil vile crap spilled out on these pages, well damn, even I have to say this was a tough cookie to chew on. So if you have a lot of time on your hands, a strong stomach for characters that are real assholes and nothing better to do, I say this may be the book for you. Otherw ...more
Jycel
Es un libro demasiado largo (más de 750 páginas) para la historia que cuenta. No es una trama compleja como para gastar tantas páginas en desarrollarla.

Las partes que más interés me han despertado han sido las de Abrahám y Shamas. No ha ayudado que odiara profundamente a dos de los protagonistas. Tampoco he empatizado con los otros personajes con los que se supone que debía empatizar. Y digo esto, porque claramente su historia y la forma en la que están escritos, debería haberme conmovido más d
Alistair Forrest
Found this in Malta's biggest bookshop a few weeks ago and had to buy it. Extremely disappointing - seemingly very poor research into Iraqi terrain and culture, confusing characters, weak development of main characters. Maybe this was lost in translation, so blame Random House? Jumping on the Dan Brown bandwagon and falling off big time. Shame. Another example of how we can trust the big publishing houses less and less.
Kim
The idea for this novel was a good one, but it was waaaaaay too long and had waaaaay too many characters who didn't add anything to the plot. What looked to be a promising good turned out to be just another Dan Brown wannabe. Please authors, don't keep trying to mimic something that isn't that great to begin with!
Gary Stocker
Disappointing. The story set in recent times suffered a lot of over padding. Whereas the story set in Abraham's time could have done with a lot more exposure. The ending just fizzled out very inconclusively. Only very average. Not a patch on her previous novel, which I can thoroughly recommend.
Ken
Though I have put down as read, I did abandon this book. The best description I can give is that it was like a Fenland road. One could tell exactly where it was going and that was nowhere.
Jen
I borrowed this book from a friend, and it was blah. The story seemed to run-on at times and for whatever reason, this book just didn't do it for me.
Jim
At first glance, this book would seem to be right in my wheelhouse when it comes to religious thrillers. Sadly, the pacing was bad and the book suffers from the lack of a good editor. I don't blame the translator for this, either, as the flaws clearly originate with the source material. In addition, the story revolves around two groups of four individuals, all eight of whom are aged and well-off in the present day, which makes it easy to lose track of who is playing on which team. And if there's ...more
Yanela
No tan bueno como La Sangre de los Inocentes, pero mereció el tiempo para leerlo
Jane
Sep 10, 2008 Jane rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Susi
Padre, me acuso de que voy a matar a un hombre...
Al mismo tiempo, también en Roma, cuando Clara Tannenberg anuncia en el transcurso del Congreso de Arqueólogos y Antropólogos el descubrimiento de unas tablillas pertenecientes a la Biblia de Barro no es consciente de los mecanismos que está poniendo en marcha y que pueden suponer un enorme peligro incluso para su vida. La Biblia de barro en la que Abraham narra el Génesis y que fue recogido por un joven escriba de nombre llamado Shamas, constituy
Makuka
Quem me conhece (nem que seja virtualmente), sabe que A Bíblia de Barro era aquele livro que, não tendo, queria ter. Recebi-o no Natal como recompensa de ter sido uma boa menina... ou melga, não sei. Confesso, desde já, que, apesar de ter gostado e o recomende, não escolhi a melhor altura para o ler. Sinto que não soube apreciar a leitura ao máximo e, sobretudo, que houve aspectos que me passaram ao lado.

A acção da obra centra-se na descoberta de umas pequenas tabuinhas com o relato da Criação [
Avigail
The basic concept behind this novel is pretty interesting. Bible of Clay is a great book for those enthusiasts of biblical archaelogy. I have trouble laying the book down! From page 1, you are hooked wondering why a certain individual must be killed. To me, it is an easy and intriguing read. The lines flow with an ever growing story line. Once in a great while I find a great book that hooks me, and this is it!
Revenge can be a very messy thing, and Navarro holds nothing back in showing what the
Christa
After being attracted to the premise of this book, I felt that it fell short of its potential. The story was interesting, but I had a hard time feeling empathetic toward the characters. None of the main characters seemed very likeable to me. This sounded like a great story, but it fell flat.

This book has numerous characters and jumps around between time periods. The majority of the book takes place in modern time, with parts in late Nazi Germany and parts in the time of biblical Abraham. The par
Judy
This book was a little slow to get into, but once you start you just need to find out what happens. Father Gian Marie, of the Vatican, hears a confession that a woman, Clara Tannenberg, is to be killed. How he travels to find Clara and protect her without her knowing why. She is an archaeologist looking, on behalf of her Uncle Alfred, the tablets that Abraham had recorded about Creation.
Four friends, Mercedes, Bruno, Carlo and Hans, who as children were confined to a POW camp in Germany during
El Segoviano
A pesar del tiempo transcurrido desde que lo leí recuerdo bastante bien el libro.
El autor es una garantía de éxito y para mi los libros que ha escrito están de la mitad hacia arriba de la calidad.
Este es muy interesante y mantiene en una mezcla de interés y casi drama el desarrollo de la trama que es interesante y amena.
Libro que merece leerse, como casi todos los de la autora, roza la novela historica y desde luego es tremendamente ameno.
Momo Atesma
Novela sostenida en hechos históricos del siglo XX bien documentada por parte de la autora. Es un libro para pasar el rato pero que no sorprende para nada. Es muy previsible en todos los sentidos y llega a cansar en algún momento. Me ha costado mucho terminarlo y solo lo he hecho para poder tener una opinión sobre él.
Para mi no es una lectura recomendable.
Kristine Ghia Malicay
I like historical fictions. Although sometimes, the read gets too sluggish that I have to fight the urge to skip to the last chapter or to abandon the book altogether. This one was a mix of both. I, myself, am not a good storyteller but I think there's something missing in the story.
Amaris
Although I agree with everyone else that has reviewed this book, it was long and the characters were confusing, I really enjoyed the book, because I have actually been to this ziggurat. So it was quite interesting to read a story about archeologist digging it up and finding the treasures :)
Maria Mgd
Dec 11, 2014 Maria Mgd marked it as dropped  ·  review of another edition
I forced myself to read halfway through it, but I couldn't go on from there. Not my ideal book.
FaBby
Me gustó aunque siento que el libro es un poco lento al principio y al final se vuelve más interesante, el final lo sentí algo apresurado pero aun así es una lectura recomendable.
Lacey
Giving it 2 stars because I'm sure it's good once the story actually starts. 300 pages - halfway through - and the plot is still in set-up mode, bringing all the characters together to get the action going. I'm sorry, but I just do not have the patience for that. I got bored. There are too many characters to keep track of . . . specifically, too many separate groups of characters, so the place keeps changing to follow this person, then that person . . . and for at least 300 pages nothing happens ...more
Nancy
Revenge and the search for buried treasure on the eve ofthe war in Iraq. The discovery of the creation story writtien in curniform on clay tablets as told by the patriarch Abraham. Te beginnig of the story is discovered by a Germen youth on a dig in Heron. His single minded is being carried on by his grand daughter who refuses to give up regardless of how much danger she might be in. The German youth goes on to become the worst of Nazi death camp czars. A group fo young inmates swear revenge and ...more
I wonder if this would have been better in the original Spanish
João Baptista
Um livro que nos relata uma história sensacional e que apesar de ser um romance, mais parece uma história real, pois tem história, intrigas, arqueologia, enfim, mais um romance duma simplicidade de palavras, mas que ao mesmo tempo nos consegue envolver numa teia enorme de personagens, temporalmente deslocadas, mas sempre muito bem interligadas que nos levam a viajar na história e no mundo sem nós nos apercebermos, com uma facilidade enorme, mas sempre a aprender, pois afinal a escritora também n ...more
Patrick Sheridan
so far so good....hoping the ending will be exciting enough to save the somewhat slow middle...OK, I'm done now. This book was touted as the book that knocked the DaVinci code off of the number one spot in Spain. Hmmmm. I do think that the plot was more original, but the writing lacked something. Character development was weak. But then, this book was translated from Spanish to English, so i wonder if the author's talent was diluted in the process. Over all, good beach or airplane read, but don' ...more
  • The Sacred Blood
  • Ark of Fire (Caedmon Aisquith, #1)
  • The Marks Of Cain
  • Danegeld
  • The Last Cato
  • The Gaudi Key
  • The Last Ember
  • Palmeras en la nieve
  • On the Fifth Day
  • The Thirteenth Apostle
  • Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1)
  • Vacaciones al amor
  • The Death of a Pope
  • The Holy Bullet (Vaticano, #2)
  • The Hidden Oasis
  • Sphinx
  • Um Mundo Sem Fim - Volume II
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
Julia Navarro (Madrid, 1953) lleva más de treinta años dedicada al periodismo trabajando en los principales medios de comunicación de este país, tanto en prensa escrita como en radio y televisión.

Después de publicar varios libros de actualidad política como Nosotros, la transición; Entre Felipe y Aznar; La izquierda que viene, y Señora presidenta, se atrevió con la novela y consiguió un éxito sin
More about Julia Navarro...
The Brotherhood of the Holy Shroud Dime quién soy La sangre de los inocentes Dispara, yo ya estoy muerto Seigaifu Ketsumei Ge