Start by marking “Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, Abby” as Want to Read:
Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, Abby

Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, Abby (The Baby-Sitters Club #90)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  503 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Abby Stevenson and her twin sister, Anna, the new girls in town, are trying to adjust to everything new and help their hardworking, fatherless family.
Published October 1st 1995 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, Abby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to the Baby-Sitters Club, Abby

Ciara
this is the first abby-narrated book of the series. since she is new & everything. i stopped reading the babysitters club series as a child long before abby came into the picture, but i really enjoy her as an adult. i feel like she is a tool for the ghostwriters to make fun of the other characters. in the very first chapter, she refers to kristy as a "bossy beast". i love the tension they have with each other, both being sporty loudmouths. & the tension is really ratcheted up in this boo ...more
Lizz
Abby calling Kristy a "bossy beast" earned this book an extra star.

I don't really see the point of Abby. Ann M & the ghostwriters had an opportunity to bring a new dynamic into the group and we all we get is Abby? Why create a new character that has the interest in sports/obnoxiousness of Kristy, the overdramatized medical ailment of Stacey & the dead parent of MA...I'm sure there were more interesting an unique characteristics they could have come up with. The one unique thing to Abby
Nancy
In which Abby is welcomed to the BSC by everyone but me. STFU, New Dawn.
Maria M. Elmvang
I'm sorry - Abby will never be a 'real' BSC member to me.
April

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Delicious Strawberry
I definitely like the older books better, but some of the new ones were nice. I guess Abby was introduced to mix things up because she's Jewish and has severe allergies, plus she has a twin and her mother is widowed. As a character she wasn't bad, and since Dawn left, a replacement was needed. Overall an all right book.
Shannon
I knew at this point that I was going to cut myself off from BSC books right at #100. I was disappointed Abby seemed so blah. Growing up in a not-terribly-Jewish part of Michigan, I didn't understand why so many series seemed to feature at least one Jewish character in a group of friends. It didn't seem authentic to me.
Margaret
When I can't find something to spark my interest, I go back and re-read books from my childhood and this was one that I actually had not read yet from this series. I love the Babysitter's club books, no matter how old I am, they still hit my soft spot and this was no different.
Trisha Gephart
I remember when this book came out because there had been a contest to name the new characters and I was pissed that I didn't win. Maybe I would have rated this book a bit higher if the twins were named Arielle and Jade Foster. Abby and Annie? Gag
Kimberly
I loved the BSC series when I was younger and even more glad that I held on to them all these years so my children would be able to enjoy them as well. I would recommend for tween girls.
Sally
Psht. Who needs this Abby anyway? I will forever be an original BSC snob and shun this unnecessary upstart!
Jackie Krasuski
What young girl did not love the Baby-Sitters Club and Karen, the Baby-Sitters Little Sister?
Amy Holcomb
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Linda Jeanette Puglesi
Linda Jeanette Puglesi marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Amanda Clement
Amanda Clement marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 19, 2015
Julianna Klassen
Julianna Klassen marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Aurora
Aurora added it
Apr 10, 2015
Cory B
Cory B added it
Apr 04, 2015
  • Peer Pressure (Girl Talk, #9)
  • Third Wheel (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #12)
  • Team Play (Saddle Club, #15)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)
  • Aisha Goes Wild (Making Out, #8)

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 133 books)
  • The Summer Before (The Baby-Sitters Club, #0.5)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Corner of the Universe A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)