Start by marking “Findus and the Fox” as Want to Read:
Findus and the Fox

Findus and the Fox (Pettson och Findus)

There's a hen-hunting fox on the loose. But Farmer Pettson and his quirky cat Findus agree that foxes should not be killed--they should be tricked. Farmer Pettson and Findus come up with an unforgettable plan that leads to an explosive, unforgettable night.
(Ages 5-8)
Published August 1st 2009 by Hawthorn Press (first published 1986)

u1124876 UEL
Sep 11, 2011 u1124876 UEL rated it really liked it
Shelves: farm
Sven Nordqvist is a Swedish writer and illustrator and I heard about his book 'Findus and the Fox' through Alison who recommended it to me. I believe it has been translated from Swedish to English. I was so excited to receive this book in the post, having exhausted other options, and read it straight away. The illustrations are so detailed and impressive even down to a little mouse in a saucer.

The tale is told of Pettson the farmer and his cat Findus and their adventure trying to put off a fox
Rosa Cline
Dec 29, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, 2016
a farmer and his cat try and outfox a fox; but in the end is it them that are out foxed? Illustrations are great in this book.
Nefee
Jun 11, 2014 Nefee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I read these as a child and I loved the cat and the old man. Encourages children to be different and tolerant.
Neda
Apr 23, 2016 Neda rated it it was amazing
All the time I was reading it, I was wondering how Sven is going to finish it up.. Well, I should say it was amazing and really creative.
Hannah Givens
Jan 26, 2017 Hannah Givens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Wonderfully layered story, especially for the age group. The art is detailed and invites exploration, while the plot is a complete subversion of the usual "chickens outwit the fox" and/or "fox outwits the farmer" stories. Its peaceful and funny and lovely. I just hope the fox does okay for himself after!
Shannon
Jan 07, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Fun book to read aloud with kids. Pettson and Findus have the best adventure trying to scare away a fox.
Emma Larsson
Kit★
Feb 04, 2016 Kit★ marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, hardcover
Found this at my library's little 'Friends of the Library' bookshop the other day while I was in there browsing. I was like, oh, cool, it's in German! Because I studied German all through high school and still like to kind of, not so much dedicated practice, but kind of still play around practice. I can understand basic things, but nothing complicated. So anyway, I was like, cool, it's a kids book, in German, neato, let's get it. Took it home thinking, well... it's a kids book! I should be able ...more
Lynn
Dec 02, 2015 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the other Pettson & Findus adventures, but after reading this, I want to!
The cat's behavior, expressions, and comments are entertaining.
Full color illustrations are busy but fun to examine for details. I especially like the violin on the workshop wall, and the items that look like letters.
Emily
Feb 23, 2016 Emily added it
Delightful! The funny little details in the illustrations, the funny little relationship between Pettson and Findus... I absolutely adored this book and can't wait to read more by this author. This was the best children's book I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to share it with my son once he's a little older.
S.M.M. Lindström
Barndomsnostalgi till 100%! Pettson-böckerna har alltid varit mysiga och stämningsfulla, rekommenderar dem till alla.
Elen
Feb 27, 2014 Elen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Underbara bilder, underbara karaktärer och dessutom en fin berättelse, mycket mer kan man inte önska sig!
Myswedishbookcase
Jul 21, 2015 Myswedishbookcase rated it really liked it
Min yngsta älskar Pettson. Hon har snart alla böcker och ja, jag gillar nog att läsa dem också. :)

Mu youngest loves Pettson. We almost owns all the books and yes, I like reading them to. :)
Joe
Feb 23, 2016 Joe rated it it was amazing
I have a new favorite author, this book is awesome. I can't wait until Thomas is old enough to enjoy/have the attention span to appreciate these books.
Antoaneta Kostovska
Antoaneta Kostovska rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2016
Josse
Josse rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2009
Anna Shipilova
Anna Shipilova rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Ananya
Ananya rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
An
An rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Marjan
Marjan rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Vijaya
Vijaya rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2011
Kiki
Kiki rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Aniiee
Aniiee rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Ugne
Ugne rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2013
Tineke
Tineke rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Maria
Dec 02, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
Absolute hilarious. My son has made me read this book to him at least 20 times :)
  • Lotta's Bike
  • Diamantmysteriet (LasseMajas detektivbyrå, #1)
  • Good Night, Alfie Atkins
  • Klatremus Og De Andre Dyr I Hakkebakkeskoven
  • Aunt Green, Aunt Brown and Aunt Lavender
  • Ich mach dich gesund, sagte der Bär
Sven Nordqvist (born 30 April 1946) is a Swedish writer and illustrator of children's books. He is best known for his series Pettson and Findus, about an old farmer, Pettson, and his talented cat, Findus.

Nordqvist was born in Helsingborg and grew up in Halmstad, Sweden. He originally wanted to be an illustrator but was rejected by several art schools. Instead he studied architecture at Lund Instit
More about Sven Nordqvist...

Pettson och Findus (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus & Pettson)
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Armer Pettersson
  • Pettersson zeltet
  • Findus und der Hahn im Korb
  • When Findus was Little and Disappeared (Pettsson and Findus)
  • Morgen, Findus, wird's was geben
  • Aufruhr im Gemüsebeet (Pettersson und Findus)
  • Findus flyttar ut