Start by marking “Played (Deception Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Played (Deception Series, #2)

Played (Deception Series #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  920 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Christina Alberti, an expert art historian, has run from the shadows of her past, hiding the truth and building her name as a reputable jewelry specialist at the Barclay Auction House. Everything is perfect — until a legendary and priceless diamond makes her a target for a diabolically charming con man determined to pull off the heist of the century at her expense.

FBI Agen
Published October 3rd 2006 by Signet (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Played, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Played

Julie Smith
Apr 27, 2013 Julie Smith rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome book and series. You find yourself trying to figure out what is going to happen and who is who and they are no one you thought they were. I really enjoyed this series. I really enjoy reading Barbara's books. She is a great writer and I am looking forward to reading the Angel Bay Series. Thank you Barbara!
Mary Russo
Feb 28, 2014 Mary Russo rated it it was amazing
Barbara Freethy is definitely my favorite author. She has the right amount of romance and suspense to keep you interested and turning the page. This book was no exception. As a mom of 2 it is hard to find time to read that is the only reason it took me a little longer to finish reading this. It was the second book of 2, first book was "Taken". It continued the story of 2 of the characters from the first book. I read both books and loved both.
Lorie
Jul 02, 2013 Lorie rated it really liked it
Another exciting mystery and love story. This book will not disappoint
ronald a pinarelli
Very good

I really enjoyed both deception books I would really like to see a movie of these two together as one movie I think it would be great
Joy
Mar 13, 2015 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good mystery

I have read many of Barbara Freethy's books. She is a talented writer. I will continue reading and enjoying her books.
Diane
Jul 29, 2014 Diane rated it really liked it
Conclusion to "Taken". Not quite as suspenseful as the first book, but a good read. I wish the main characters from "Taken" had played a part in this book.
Donna
Jan 03, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
Another good easy read by Barbara Freethy, like the follow through of characters. Good twist in this story, and not to lovey dovey
Necole Moreau
Jan 23, 2014 Necole Moreau rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as much as the first one. It was so suspenseful and I am sad that there are no more in the series. Want a good romance suspense book that keeps you on the edge of your seat? This is it. Make sure you read the first book Taken before you read this one too get the full story.
danvillegirl Dailey
Feb 01, 2015 danvillegirl Dailey rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this series. It kept me guessing and my heart racing.
Gia
Feb 24, 2014 Gia rated it really liked it
I liked this story and the characters. It had a lot of intrigue and twists throughout. It kept me guessing. Loved the happy ending!!
Lesly
Nov 30, 2014 Lesly rated it liked it
Joy
Oct 18, 2015 Joy rated it really liked it
Not a bad book. I'll definitely read a few more by this author. The characters are pretty likable and the stories move quickly.
Karen
Feb 07, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
This book was as hard to put down as the first book in the series, Taken. I enjoyed the romantic suspense and there were plenty of surprises as the story unfolded.
Jana
Feb 13, 2014 Rose rated it really liked it
great read
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"FBI Agent J.T. McIntyre is determined to catch the thief who conned his father and destroyed his family. He wants revenge as much as justice, and he won't let anyone stand in his way-not even beautiful art historian Christina Alberti, whose secrets make him wonder just which side she's on" (From Amazon)

Another great adventure of romantic suspense from Barbara Freethy.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it
Played is about FBI Agent JT who is determined to catch the theif/con man who ruined his family. Christina is working at the auction house that is selling a rare diamond. It turns p missing and they must work together to catch the criminal. A good story that keeps you guessing who the con-man is.
Kathleen
Jun 04, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Good read. I like books where it keeps you wondering how it will all play out. I pretty much knew how the book would end, but still, it was suspenseful enough to keep me wondering if I was right.
Ariel
Sep 14, 2011 Ariel rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I didn't like this book at all , I couldn't even get all the way through it which is unusual for me . Not sure why ? Others might enjoy it though .
Kerra
Jul 27, 2011 Kerra added it
I really enjoyed this book! Even though I'm really bad at solving mysteries, I sort of figured this one out. Still, it was awesome!
Nancy
Mar 28, 2012 Nancy rated it really liked it
Liked this a lot-it took me a while to figure it out but have really been enjoying her books and are reading more of them.
Carolyn
Sep 30, 2012 Carolyn rated it liked it
Mystery and action - with romance. thought some of the intimate interactions were a bit gratuitous and seemed a bit unlikely.
LL
Nov 17, 2012 LL rated it really liked it
I liked Taken more than Played. I found it more exciting than this one but Freethy never fails to weave a great story.
Sarah Peralta
Sep 23, 2012 Sarah Peralta rated it really liked it
Great mystery. Only gave it 4 stars because there were a couple of scenes that could have been less explicit.
Sandy
Jun 28, 2009 Sandy rated it really liked it
Good read. I recommend it! The legend behind the diamond intrigued me. 4/5 stars.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Jan 30, 2012 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it liked it
Not as good as the first book but I liked the romance aspect between J.T. and Christina.
Kay Cooke
Mar 24, 2012 Kay Cooke rated it liked it
This is book two of a two book series. Both books are enjoyable and entertaining.
Lindsay
Apr 27, 2011 Lindsay rated it did not like it
Lame. Tried to get into the "mystery-thriller" thing, but just wasn't feeling this book
Stephanie Diden
May 09, 2014 Stephanie Diden rated it it was amazing
The suspense in the book was perfect! I will read anything Freethy writes
  • Wicked Under the Covers (Carlisle Family, #1)
  • Our Little Secret
  • In Close (Bulletproof, #3)
  • Mountain Rescue (Echo Mountain #1)
  • Dark Reckoning
  • Her Stolen Past
  • Stand-in Groom
  • Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)
  • Blackout
  • The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1)
  • Set Sail for Murder (Henrie O, #7)
  • The Unclaimed Baby (and Baby Makes Three: The Next Generation)
  • To Kiss a King (Kings of California, #11)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
  • Die Before I Wake
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • Out of Hiding
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Deception Series (2 books)
  • Taken (Deception Series, #1)