Start by marking “To the Limit (Bodyguard, #2)” as Want to Read:
To the Limit (Bodyguard, #2)

To the Limit (The Bodyguards #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  2,463 ratings  ·  104 reviews
It was supposed to be a cakewalk.

Eve Garrett’s mission: find Tiffany Clayborne, Palm Beach real estate icon, Jeremy Clayborne’s, party-girl daughter, and bring her back to heel.

The problem: The spoiled little rich girl turned eighteen six months ago and has developed a penchant for the Palm Beach club scene, a habit of falling in with not so-rising rock stars and taking
Published August 30th 2005 by St. Martin's (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about To the Limit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To the Limit

Blacky *Romance Addict*
I am addicted to Cindy Gerrard! And I just want to continue reading all her books!

So here's a gif review. Yeah, it sucks, but that's as far as I'm gonna go

This one is about Eve, and she's the kick-ass sister from E.D.E.N. Security

And Mac, a P.I. with a great sense of humor
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They have a history together
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When it was discovered what happened to Eve all those years ago

The main story about Tiffany
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My feelings for Tiffany and all that was happening to her
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

UNTIL she met Billie, kinda liked them both

The ac
Eastofoz
Sep 08, 2010 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who like a love/hate/old lovers reunited
As far as regular mass market romantic suspense books go this is pretty good, but as with most mass market romantic suspense the author unfortunately shirks on the romance and focuses too much on the suspense. There was so much potential to make this into a really strong love story but it just never gets there and the love story is almost secondary.

Book 2 in Gerard’s Bodyguards series focuses on the sister Eve Garret. She gets a disturbing message from a young woman she used to be a bodyguard fo
Quinn
Thankfully, I liked this, the second book in Cindy Gerard’s Bodyguard series, better than the first. It didn’t have any of the cheesy moments that stuck out in To the Edge, and there was definitely a lot more going on, with plenty of twists and turns.

Responding to a frantic call from her estranged friend, Tiffany, Eve Garret (sister of Nolan from To the Edge) finds herself on the wrong end of a violent attack, being told that she is dead but just doesn’t know it yet.

Very soon after, she discover
jenjn79
I had a hard time getting into this book. It wasn't until about halfway through that I was into it enough to want to keep reading. I didn't necessarily think it was bad, it just didn't trip my switches.

Series note:
I wouldn't necessarily say this series (so far) needs to be read in order, but there are probably benefits from doing so.

Summary:
Eve Garrett, co-partner in her family's security business, E.D.E.N., receives a mysterious message one night from her young friend Tiffany, saying the girl i
Buggy
Opening Line: "Dark she could do, Eve Garrett thought as she sat by the curb, her Mazda motor running."

Eve Garrett has never forgotten her first love Tyler “Mac” McCain, the arrogant boy who seduced and then abandoned her all those years ago. Now a member of her family’s security business (E.D.E.N) this former FBI agent is on the hunt for the missing teenage daughter of Florida’s most reclusive billionaire. A frantic message from the missing party girl takes Eve to a midnight rendezvous where sh
Mojca
After a so-so start, I really hoped this series would pick up pace, especially since the blurb promised a kick-ass heroine. Well, Eve was kick-ass, but she was also annoying as hell.

I hate it when authors cannot create some exciting tension between the leads without resorting to the almost-nonexistent-for-so-much-use and cheep ploy as the "big misunderstanding". And I hate it even more when they let that misunderstanding fester and fester and go on ad infinitum, gobbling up the rest of the story
Dee
Wasn't sure about Mac in the beginning he came across as a bit of a bum but I soon warmed to him and learnt that he was a loveable rogue and although he wasn't written as the Typical Alpha male he was definately a sexy one.

I liked Eve as she was a down to earth woman who had been hurt by men (including Mac) in the past and found it hard to trust men. They were definately well suited and I was glad to see them get their HEA.
Glamdring

Though the plot was more predictable than in To the Edge, this was a fast paced and action packed story.

Here again I really loved Eve and Mac, the secondary characters were great and the attraction between Eve and Mac was hot. But what I enjoyed the most in this story is that even though she had many occasion to act TSTL, Eve was never reckless or stupid. I also liked how Cindy Gerard described Mac and Ali’s relationship. Poor Mac, I hurt for him.
Rashika (is tired)
LOL
Never again
MY EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
What a mess.

-people falling in love within a week
-thinking about marriage in that same time span
-stupid alpha males (they gotta be done right and this book failed)
-the chick falling in love again with a guy.. who she had a crush on in high school who basically took her virginity and ran off
-a grown man thinking the best sex of his life (before he went at it with the same chick as an adult) was when he was 18... that bothers me.. I am not sure how most people
Wendy
Mar 08, 2010 Wendy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance adventure lovers
I really must be a sucker for strong men, but this guy is one of my favorites. Tyler shows up on the scene while eve is looking for a former protectee from her Secret Service days, looking like a beach bum. He and she spar and fight through out the book and you love their funny way of dealing with each other. Eve and Tyler have a background that has hidden secrets that they need to overcome to find the love that is there for the taking. Their journey to finding their friend is exciting and yet t ...more
Crystal S
You seldom come across (or I seldom come across) a romantic suspense novel with a strong, capable heroine who knows her limitations but also knows how to handle herself and won't be bullied into submission by an alpha male. You also don't easily find heroes who accept that their heroine knows how to take care of herself, even if he doesn't like it. In To the Limit, Ms. Gerard created 2 fantastic characters with strong personalities that didn't overwhelm each other.

It was a great book. I loved i
Awilk -never sleeps-
I have only read to page 100 or so and just can't be bothered to finish it. The writing isn't bad, but Eve annoys me so much that I am going to put this book aside for a while and try again later.
I had really high hopes for Cindy Gerard and her books, but I don't think they are really for me. Out of the three I have tried so far I struggled with the first, To The Edge as well as this one. Number three, To The Brink, I did enjoy, so I will try again later and see if I can finish this one later.
LaFleurBleue
This series has not taken off yet in my opinion.
I really liked the hero and heroine's personalities; I even could accept and appreciate a story of a love story born while teenagers (which rarely works out for me).
But the problem was their quest. I never managed to like Tiffany, the spoiled and ultra stupid unconfident daughter of a multi-millionaire and deceased model. I honestly would have let her to her demise;( This costs at least one star to this book.
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
really 3.75stars
Despite really liking the author and loving book one, it took a bit of determination for me to invested in this read at the start. While it was interesting and important to know the relationships and what came before, it was a bit too detailed for my taste though I did appreciate the information not being in multiple flashback form strewn throughout the book. That being said, Eve Garrett and her first love Tyler "Mac" McClain are approaching the same case at alternate ends and it
Alex is The Romance Fox

Another fast paced, suspenseful and action packed read in Cindy Gerard’s 2nd book of her Bodyguards Series.

A short summary - The story is about two people, who share a past history, having to team up together in saving a billionaire’s daughter who has disappeared.
During the journey, the two protagonists will rediscover each other, having to deal with the attraction for each other which began years before.

Eve Garrett, a former Secret Service agent, who together with her brothers set up E.D.E.N,
~J~ Riverina Romantics
Cindy Gerard is shouldering her way through to become one of my top favourite authors.

That lady knows how to rock a page with witty banter, adrenaline pumping excitement and hunky hotness.

To The Limit was a fan-fcking-tastic read. I loved it from start to finish.

Eve was a tough as nails heroine with a great amount of spunk. And it made me all giddy to see her getting a piece of Mac. Ohhh Mac, you sexy, protective spunk of a man. What I would give to wrap me legs around you and.....

Just like th
Tbabe001
I did not likeHero....he was such loser.....yikes! The suspense was way better....the romance seem forced.
Robin
When security specialist Eve Garret arrives in a bad part of town for her meeting with Tiffany Clayborne, she is attacked and knocked out. Upon recovering, she finds that her friend, Tiffany, has been missing for three weeks and decides to find her. But Tiffany's father has hired private investigator Tyler "Mac" McClain to find his wayward daughter and bring her home. Eve and Mac know each other. He seduced and abandoned her 14 years ago. What starts out as a competition to see who can find Tiff ...more
Donna
I loved Cindy's Black Ops series when I found it over the summer. After reading those I had to start the Bodyguard series. The first in the series was good but this one was so much better. I loved it and didnt want to stop reading. If you are looking for a good romantic suspense this is definitely one you have to pick up. While I also am one of those that doesnt read a series out of order, you really dont have to read the first Bodyguard book to read this one.
Anita Fleming
To the Limit is the 2nd book in The Bodyguards series and it is great. I had great hopes for this series and so far I have not been disappointed. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

This one is about Eve the twin of Nolan and only girl. She is former Secret Service and the reason for the former is Tiffany, poor little rich girl. Tiffany's father had Eve fired over an attempted kidnap. Eve did her job and kept Tiffany safe, but Daddy had her fired anyway. Fast forward, Tiffany has be
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
That's it.... Gerard can't do wrong!
Thought I still loved the first one from this series more!
This series is good, but Black ops is just a must!
Alicia
Love this series, The Bodyguards. This is Eve and Mac's story. Fast-paced, lots of action, plenty of sexual buzz and heat. Fun, fun, fun.
Vikkie Thorman
Not my favorite in this series but I do love the way Gerard's books flow.
Valerie
The premise was interesting but the execution was slow and sometimes I'd be bored. I liked the main couple, Eve and Mac, and the whole we-got-a-past thing was a nice addition to the book, but there was nothing… astonishing about them. Sometimes they would bore me too.

The end was wrapped up nicely and fast. Eve held a lot of resentment towards Mac and when he proposes, she accepts as if she hadn't been resenting him for more than 200 pages ago.

OVERALL:

To the Limit was not bad-bad but it could'
Kris
4 STARS

"When former Secret Service agent Eve Garrett, gets a late night call from Tiffany Clayborne saying "Eve, please come and get me" she books over the the bar Tiffany says she's at. She met the girl when she was still an agent. Tiffany was her first assignment and she developed a big sister attachment to the kid that continues to this day. However, when Eve gets to the bar she sees some suspicious activity in a dark alley and her gut tells her that Tiffany is involved. When she goes after h
Anita Truong
To the Limit was much more exciting and much more progressive than To the Edge had been. In fact, aside from some mutterings I made silently about the whole alpha-male 'tudes that were smoldering the men in this book (y'know, the whole "keep our women safe while we rush into danger" B.S., which, while commendable does sometimes bring an eye roll to more independent women), I had very few complaints about this book.

I felt like there was a better balance between the suspense, the mystery, and the
Carrie
3.5*-4*
I never really warmed up to Eve throughout the book. She didn't just come across as "spunky" to me, she came across as brassy and hard, and bitter. I realize Mac broke her heart years ago, but, really? She's never trusted any man in 14 years 'cause some randy teenager talked her out of her pants and then didn't call? I know there were extenuating circumstances, but still. I don't know too many people who haven't had their hearts broken, badly, at least once, and Eve had a lifetime of lov
Candy
TJ
While some of the problems that bothered me in the first book of this series were still present, they were much less noticeable and, the good points were even better in this installment of the Bodyguard genre. Eve and McClain take us on a suspense filled ride to track down an 18 year old socialite at the same time someone is trying to kill Eve. The journey takes us all over the country with twists and turns at every corner. It was hard to put down and impossible to figure out what would happen n ...more
Tall, Dark & ...: Buddy Read - To the Limit by Cindy Gerard 4 6 Aug 02, 2014 05:46AM
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Thrill Me to Death (Bullet Catcher, #2)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Absolution (Suspense Series, #5)
195778
The only thing Cindy had in mind when she started writing her first book was finishing it. The issue of actually selling it came much later. Only after she made that life-altering first sale did she realize that one book would never be enough. Now, over 20 books and numerous awards later, Cindy laughingly admits that she can barely remember life before...well, was there life before writing?

Actuall
More about Cindy Gerard...
Show No Mercy (Black Ops, #1) To the Edge (The Bodyguards, #1) Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3) Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2) Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)

“Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.” 83 likes