Girls Out Late

Girls Out Late (Girls #3)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  3,906 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Nine o'clock. That's when I have to be home. Dad thinks it's not safe any later. But then the most amazing things happen. Out with my best friends, gorgeous Magda and super-cool Nadine, I meet a boy. And it's "me" he's interested in. But will he stay interested in a girl who has to be home by nine?
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1999)

Janelle Dazzlepants
A cute, but honest and believable portrayal of young teenage girls trying to deal with boys, parents and school. Elly, Nadine and Magda often veer off the path and are led astray by boys and other kids their age, but the subject matter isn't too raunchy and is tasteful and humorous.
Charlotte
Apr 19, 2014 Charlotte rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage girls
Recommended to Charlotte by: A friend
The third book of the series and here we see Ellie find a love interest, her new boyfriend Russell and how she deals with the pressures and situations that come with being in a relationship. Another great book in the series.
Chantelle
Aug 17, 2007 Chantelle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
i heard about da book i would like 2 read it
Sally
I've read a few of Jacqueline Wilson's books by now, and I do recall quite liking Double Act and not disliking whatever the other one I read was - though nothing too special, she can write a very natural, realistic voice for a young girl.

This book, however... wow no. See, to ME, it just wasn't that realistic - nor were any of the characters likable. I swapped it through readitswapit.co.uk because I'm more keen on sending out my books to good homes that I'll swap with almost anything that sounds...more
Beth
In this latest installment in the English series about chubby Ellie, boy-crazy Magda, and elegant Nadine, a lighter issue is the focus of the plot: curfews. Ellie at last has a real boyfriend, but her desire to meet with him is stronger than the desire to get home on time, much to the frustration and worry of her father and young stepmother. A subplot of a crush on the new art teacher is sweet and easy to relate to.

Woodson's engaging heroine is the everygirl equivalent to Phyllis Reynolds Naylor...more
Annabel
Dame Jacqueline Wilson (a very deserved title!) is, in my opinion, the best contemporary children's writer. She writes perfectly, in content, theme, style and accessibility for children from aged 6 to 13 (ish - of course this varies among children). She writes flawlessly for children, I could not find a single fault.

She is never patronizing and introduces young people to important life issues such as love, poverty, friendship, adolescence, separated parents, illnesses and so much more, in a mann...more
fahima
Buy this or else!!!!!!!!! :)

best book ever its so interesting need more books like this absolutely love it my favorite book its ending is to die for just love every thing about couldn't change a thing it deserves 5 stars hope u love it as much as me take that back no-one could love it as much as me !!!
Abbey
This is another thoroughly entertaining teen read from Jacqueline Wilson. This book dealt with a lot of a issues many teenagers face including curfews, having crushes on teachers, managing a boyfriend alongside friendships, taking risks and telling lies. I found this book quite funny compared to the others; particularly Ellie's relationship with Russell. Although I did find Russell to be very selfish and Ellie to easily forgive him. Overall, a very good read, dealing with a lot of issues teenage...more
Ames
"Dont stay out too late will you Ellie" "No Mum ill be home by nine"

Girls Out Late is a amazing book so far. Its about a girl called Ellie and her best friends Magda and Nadine. One night Ellie and her friends go out for late night shopping but it all goes wrong!!! Ellie meets this guy called Russell and somehow they both fall in love with each other and Russell walks Ellie home but Ellie is tempted to stay out even later. Ellie gets home and is grounded for the rest of the week and she is hart...more
Lauren
I haven't read this in years! But I loved the plot start to the end. I kept reading and reading since it was so good!
Stacy
I can't stop wondering that book like this could be included in top list alongside with classical works. Those voters or critics who did that are crazy.
No more books of Jacqueline Wilson for me!
Indie
'Girls Out Late' by Jacqueline Wilson

These books are just too easy to read! The girls may be roughly the same age as me but there doing much different things than I do. They do things much different than the rebelist girls I know. Like I've said for the other two books, the plot is for older kids but the writing for young children.

I must admit I love the relationship between Ellie and Russell. It's romantic but kissing the first time they meet? That's just a bit wrong. Especially since Ellie is...more
Nic
I LOVE Jacqueline Wilson but I liked this book.
Nóri Somogyi
Yara
Amazinggg book !!! really interesting book !!! I found this book suiting for teenage girls and had the cases most of our girls' generation is passing through !! :D I suggest my friends to read it , although , one of my friends who already read it , also convinced me to read it =) Anyways , rally nice book , that talks about a girl's life ... about her .. being late at night ... because she has been going with a boy she met at Mcdonalds ... but her dad gets mad because she comes home late and ......more
Erica
Apr 14, 2012 Erica rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Younger girls
Shelves: childhood
When I was younger, I read all of Jacqueline's books and all books of this series were my favorite ones! As I got older though, I didn't appreciate her books as much but I still love the creativity and thought behind each one of them and I will remember them as a big part of my childhood.

Because the language is pretty easy, her books were the first ones I ever read in English. I still today recommend her books to younger girls I know, and I hope that they will find the same joy as I did while r...more
Isabella P.
1) What I thought was interesting about this book is how the girls manage to get out of the difficult and scary situation they get themselves in to.
2)I liked that this book was dramatic but also romantic at the same time.
3) I would and I have and she read it and enjoyed it very much.
Charlotte
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Jacqueline Wilson! This book is one of my personal favourites as early high school i could relate to what the girls do in the story to what me and my friends got up to at the weekends. Although it is quite simply written and it isnt overly long i absolutely love it. It made me laugh alot, mainly to the fact that i could remember the real life situations that compare to the story. I think she is a fantastic author.
Chloe Shayler
Oct 23, 2012 Chloe Shayler rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 11 - 14 year olds
Girls Out Late is the THIRD book in the series about best friends Ellie, Magda and Nadine.
**Contains MODERATE spoilers**
Next to her glamorous mates Magda and Nadine, Ellie feels she is the most babyish out of all of them. So when a charming, good-looking boy hits on her during a trip out, she is shocked that he chose her rather than gorgeous Magda or cool goth Nadine.
But is life really THAT great with a boyfriend?
Sue
This, I decided, was more of a middle school book than a high school book. The main characters are about 9th grade age, and it has a plot that seems typically middle-schoolish...drama and boyfriend/girlfriend troubles. There were a couple of times when I thought the plot might take a more realistic turn (high school) but it came out of the incidents without any complications. I thought it was too predictable.
Rina
This is a book that there is a girl who goes out of her house at 6:00 to go out with her friends. She promises her dad that she will come back home at 8:00 however, they find the boys that they like and they flirt. By the time she gets home.....................

This is kind of like a love story but with some humour. If you want to know more about what happens i recommend you to read the book.

Rina Umeda
Kimberly Aguilar
That's the true problems teens facing these days. Overcoming failure about love, and how to keep your dad away when you are in a date with someone. hahaha. But the true lesson of this book is, we are free, yes, but there is always a limitation, we must not push it to the limit. And don't give your full trust strangers, because it might put you in harm. It is really a good book for teeny :)
I loved this book! Very well written, and even though I'm 26 and the book is aimed at young teenage girls, it still held my attention throughout. Wilson is a very talented writer, it appears effortless. She manages to get the voice right without it sounding patronising, which is where so many others fail. I can completely understand why she is so successful.
Alice
Another great book by Jacqueline Wilson, about a teenage girl trying to cope with the stress's of becoming a teenager. I loved it from the start, very appealing to me as i am a teenager. I think it is si good how the author understands what it is like to be a teenager. I would 100% recommend this book to my friends.GREAT!!!
Amme Bwalya
I've read nearly all of Jaqueline Wilson's books and I'd have to say the Girls series is quite bad. Compared to most of her other books Girls Out Late doesn't have the same feel to it, the whole series is about girls who make quite bad decisions. In parts the book is quite predictable, I was actually quite disapointed.
Anna Heverin
good book and bit over the top with the dad not letting the girl go out late and not alot of honesty in it
Emma
I have to give this book at 4 stars, mainly because this book-series was my ultimate favourite when I was in my early teens. Back then, I felt like they were some of the few books that actually got how being that age was like. It's a good and funny book and the characters are well-written and quite realistic.
Alannah Clarke
I remember really loving this series but this book was probably my least favourite. Still I really love that Wilson manages to get the voice of a young teenage girl without sounding patronising to her young readers. An excellent read for any girl as the book captures the voice of a young teenage girl and her worries.
Rania Ajjan El Hadid
This installment shows the girls getting into scrapes and ellie finally getting her first real boyfriend
Bahar
its possibly the one n only book dat my best frnd has read.she told me the story n i liked it.i asked her to lend me the book,but as they were halfway through shifting then,she misplaced it.i'll buy it as soon as i can....

i've read it now..its not bad but also not like,very good..still,a fun read.
  • Sunset Song
  • Lucky Star
  • Flying High (Angels Unlimited, #3)
  • The Cruel Sea (Classics of War)
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • Hacker
  • The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)
  • Imieniny (Jeżycjada, #12)
  • Truth or Dare
  • The Worst Witch All at Sea (Worst Witch, #4)
  • Escape From Warsaw
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Tessa in Love
  • Escape from Shangri-La
Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, but spent most of her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames. She always wanted to be a writer and wrote her first ‘novel’ when she was nine, filling in countless Woolworths’ exercise books as she grew up. As a teenager she started work for a magazine publishing company and then went on to work as a journalist on Jackie magazine (which she was told was named af...more
More about Jacqueline Wilson...
The Story of Tracy Beaker Double Act Girls In Love (Girls, #1) The Illustrated Mum Vicky Angel

“umm... abit gross it kinda about boyfriend and girlfriend kinda going throw then they break up then they love each other then they make up again and the girl father said u have to come home until 9pm but the girls want more time to be with her boyfriend :)” 8 likes