Start by marking “The Time Seller: A Business Satire” as Want to Read:
The Time Seller: A Business Satire

The Time Seller: A Business Satire

The Time Seller, the second book of business fiction from Fernando Trias de Bes--author of the international acclaimed bestseller Good Luck--is not your standard business model book nor a "get with the program" corporate drone story. It breaks the mold and offers a funny (and perhaps existential) meditation on time, work, meaning, and the true costs of "selling out" to th ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Jossey-Bass (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Time Seller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Time Seller

Juan Hidalgo
Decepción total. Cuando un libro presenta numerosas reseñas de grandes autores y personalidades ya puede uno adivinar que estamos realmente ante una gran historia... o que muchos amigos le debían un favor al autor. Con "El vendedor de tiempo" me temo que estamos ante el segundo caso.
Se trata de un relato fabulado, en el que hay que dar por sentadas y por admitidas demasiadas premisas para que sea sostenible, y todo ello en torno a una idea sencilla desarrollada hasta el nivel de una completa fil
Alison Livingston
Aug 07, 2009 Alison Livingston rated it really liked it
This book is ridiculous and hilarious. Imagine, selling time in a urine bottle. Open it up and you have a government sanctioned "time out"-- but when the main character begins selling two week jugs of time, followed by 35 year vats, society loses control.

The main point the author tries to make is that the only thing that should be of value in our lives is time. After all, it is the only thing that can not be manufactured or grown. The author says that you should only have to pay what something i
Steven
Sep 28, 2011 Steven rated it it was ok
Very interesting fable. I enjoyed just the weirdness of it all. And by the time it was over (I listened to it on tape) I had to marvel at the author's ingenuity and inventiveness. It really is a fun little morality play, and makes you think about time and money and the economy and ultimately "The System." But in the end, it was primarily entertainment. I'm not sure I got anything out of the discussion. But the book raises a wealth of great questions for discussion.

I would particularly recommend
Nov 13, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, business
Hilarious business satire. I don't even know how to comment on it without giving away the point of the book. Definitley worh reading for anyone who ever wonders what the point is to getting up every morning to go slave away at work to pay bills in hopes that one day you'll actually get to do what you actually want to do. I got a special kick out of the idea of creating a balance sheet of one's life.
DonQuijote
Mar 06, 2013 DonQuijote rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mi-biblioteca
Leído en español. Leer este libro me hizo despertar, ver que mi situación laboral no era la deseada y de que alguien se estaba quedando con mi tiempo de forma gratuita. Rompí con todo y busqué una salida. Hoy puedo decir que soy dueña de mi tiempo, un triunfo!!! He comprado varios ejemplares y los he regalado a mis amigos para abrirles los ojos.
Barb
Mar 03, 2010 Barb rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-fict
I originally picked it up because it was a thin book. I was flying and didn't have mush space. Once I started I could hardly put it down! A very bitting satire of life.
Teji
Apr 21, 2009 Teji rated it really liked it
A hilarious satire of capitalist systems.

Sara Visuara
Sara Visuara rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Laura is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2016
Jose Parrondo
Jose Parrondo rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Bosh117
Bosh117 rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Salomé
Salomé rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Blanca
Blanca rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Monica G
Monica G marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Eduardo Salguero Navarro
Eduardo Salguero Navarro marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Maite Torres
Maite Torres rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Jaime Machain
Jaime Machain rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Barbara Bryant
Barbara Bryant marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Sanket Tandon
Sanket Tandon is currently reading it
Jun 06, 2016
Kate Gooding
Kate Gooding marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Sanketh
Sanketh is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2016
Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Jonathan Wapinski
Jonathan Wapinski rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Vamsi Thota
Vamsi Thota is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
María
María added it
Sheila
Sheila added it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Fernando Trias de Bes (Barcelona, 1967) es un escritor y economista español, especializado en mercadotecnia, creatividad e innovación.1 Sus ensayos y novelas han sido traducidos a más de treinta idiomas y es colaborador habitual de El País Semanal, así como del suplemento "Dinero" del diario La Vanguardia y el programa de radio La Brújula, de Carlos Alsina en Onda Cero.
Cuenta con una licenciatura
More about Fernando Trías De Bes...