Start by marking “Afraid of the Dark: The True Story of a Reckless Husband, his Stunning Wife, and the Murder that Shattered a Family” as Want to Read:

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Detroit mortgage broker Mark Unger adored his wife Florence and their two young sons. But after a decade of marriage and increasing financial trouble, Mark’s life began to slowly unravel. He became addicted to pain killers and gambling, and ended up spending five months in rehab.

Forced to go back to work, Flo became bitter and resentful of Mark and began to have an affair
Published December 1st 2009 by St. Martin's True Crime (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Afraid of the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Afraid of the Dark

Amanda
I made myself finish this book solely because of the setting. This true story happened about 15 miles from my house and I knew exact location, and the lead detective on the case. Without this local interest, I didn't feel like this was a book I would have read.
Billp
A story out of the Detroit News that I had followed & knew pretty much the plot but It was still an interesting read because it was near home and I enjoy True Crime Genre. Bill Peedle
Kim
It was a good true crime book.
Joni
Apr 30, 2014 Joni added it
Very good.
Claire
A very compelling book.
Gloria Clos
Gloria Clos marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Alison Hainline
Alison Hainline marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Lauren
Lauren added it
Mar 25, 2015
Margie
Margie is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Avalon Giello
Avalon Giello marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Clare A
Clare A marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Erin Lane
Erin Lane marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Darker than Night: The True Story of a Brutal Double Homicide and an 18-Year-Long Quest for Justice Blood in the Snow: The True Story of a Stay-at-Home Dad, his High-Powered Wife, and the Jealousy that Drove him to Murder Blood Justice A Deadly Affair Darker than Night: The True Story of a Brutal Double Homicide and an 18-Year Long Quest for Justice (St. Martin's True Crime Library)