Start by marking “This Book Has Issues : Adventures in Popular Psychology” as Want to Read:
This Book Has Issues : Adventures in Popular Psychology

This Book Has Issues : Adventures in Popular Psychology

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  10 reviews

This Book has Issues delves deep into the human consciousness and casts light onto the reasons why we think, feel, and act the way we do.

Packed with illuminating real-life examples, introductions to groundbreaking psychologists, and plenty of experiments and tests to unveil the way your own mind works, This Book Has Issues has the power not just to intrigue and entertain,

Published January 1st 2008 by Metro Books

To ask other readers questions about This Book Has Issues , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Book Has Issues

Catalina
Just started this one, and loving it as well. It is a clever way to introduce the complexity of psychology to an average person like me. Interesting and very easy to follow, and so far i love finding out all the tricky things our brain does to interpret the world around us. I also have the companion book "This book has feelings" which I will tackle next.
John
This book had some v tasty morsels in it. Interesting food for thought. One of the more interesting ones is the finding that conservative people tend to respond to 'disgust' more than non-conservative people (as determined by brain scans). Also had practical exercises on how you can implant false memories in your friends!

Each double-page is a new topic, so it's an easy pick up, put down book. The 2nd half of the book was a lot more wishy-washy for me.
Emily
the case studies they present are interesting, but this book is not for someone who knows nothing of psychology. I believe the authors intended this for people who at least had a basic background with terminology.
BLACK CAT
A book dedicated to highlight the flaws of the mind, from the social animal to the perception of the senses. The book also has mini bios of remarkable neuroscientists, psychiatrists and psychologists.
Kasadarko
i liked it. it was short and sweet offering solid studies and theories of everyday psychology. i enjoyed taking the tests and it was very relatable. a good morning read.
Rachaelita
Loved this book. Super insightful and thought-provoking. I loved the use of unconventional and intriguing studies, clever examples, and fascinating information.
Daija
This book is very informative, has great format, flows well and has many reputable resources; making it easy to understand and fun to learn from!
Derek
A very basic overview of the field of psychology. Too brief, not enough meat.
Umar
some interesting tidbits that i didn't learn in university...
Jess Ranieri
Jess Ranieri marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Vickey
Vickey added it
Sep 21, 2014
Halle
Halle marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Jubin
Jubin added it
Sep 03, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Hosam
Hosam marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Sian Te Iwi Ngaro
Sian Te Iwi Ngaro is currently reading it
Aug 15, 2014
Faye
Faye marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Franziska Köppen
Franziska Köppen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Bianca
Bianca marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Elena
Elena is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2014
Praveen
Praveen marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
30-Second Psychology: The 50 Most Thought-provoking Psychology Theories, Each Explained in Half a Minute The Rough Guide to Psychology: An Introduction to Human Behaviour and the Mind (Rough Guides) The Bedside Book of Psychology Psychologie van perceptie tot persoonlijkheid: een verkenning van de menselijke psyche Great Myths of the Brain