Start by marking “A Simple Life” as Want to Read:
A Simple Life

A Simple Life

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  61 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Frank wasn't sure what to think when Clark gave him a present in a little white box. It wasn't his birthday; it wasn't their anniversary. But what he finds will become a precious piece of his life.
Published June 2009 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about A Simple Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Simple Life

Lily
Re-read for the Re-Romancing Favorites Challenge and I loved it just as much again as the last time I read it. This story packs an even more emotional punch for me this time around since my Mother has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. My Dad is now her caregiver (a total role reversal) and his worries about the future (what will happen as she worsens and what would happen to Mom if something happened to him) are just heartbreaking. Such a sad situation.

As I said in my original review this story
Kassa
Feb 06, 2010 Kassa rated it it was amazing
I loved it.

Oh, you need more? Sometimes books and stories are so good, they almost defy trying to explain. There have been several short stories that I greatly enjoyed reading and was very glad I got the opportunity to review and share why. This particular story seems to be summed up simply by saying I loved it, completely and thoroughly. Even as I had problems with the author’s longer length work, she truly shines in her short stories. So before reading more ~ go buy the story. Now please.

For t
Ami
Mar 15, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Eversince Nicholas Spark's "The Notebook", I think love story that involves two elderly, where one is suffering from Alzheimer, will always grab my heart. So this one is no exception. The story is told mainly from Frank's point of view ... as he relieves his day with Clark, his husband for many years. The short story captures a number of "milestones" in their life, including the time when Frank discovers Clark's affair, the birth of their daughter, and even the time when he asks Clark to marry h ...more
Clare
Aug 20, 2009 Clare rated it it was amazing
This was truly a rich, delightful, witty, poignant, fabulous read. The characters are in a single setting but their whole life passes through for us to see the men and the depth and delight of their relationship. So much in a short story yet it doesn't feel short-changed, but nicely balanced. Great prose, every word a treasure.
Edina Rose
I cried. It made me think of a short book by JM Snyder Henry and Jim. It is touching to see such love, such commitment.
Emily Moore
Oct 25, 2011 Emily Moore rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, gay
Frank leads a simple life, especially at his age. There are a lot of things he doesn't do as much of as he used to, but he has set patterns that get him through the days. On this day he is thinking back on his life with Clark, of the wonderful memories and years of loving they have had together, as well as a rough patch here and there. All the while, he is preparing for a special visit.

This is a phenomenal story and I'm not sure I could ever do it justice. In the space of just twenty-seven pages
blub
Jan 16, 2013 blub rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
For those of you who are a fan of The Notebook (both novel and film) and other such books this story will greatly appeal to you. Even for those not a fan of type of stories this one was still a good read although it did sadden me a great deal when it was revealed by Frank that Clark had an affair that resulted in a child. But the ending result turned out well for Frank.

I enjoyed Frank's trip through memory lane, it was cute, funny, sad and sweet.
Sara
Sep 03, 2012 Sara rated it did not like it
Shelves: cheating
Story of a poor guy that gets cheated on by his partner and stays with him. Such a wrong message to send out there. And the guy who cheated just wants to stay with the other one because he got some girl pregnant and he needed help to raise the kid (he was such a douche). So yeah, the story sucked.
Heather C
Crap I'm a blubbering mess!! Eyes all blurry and nose running. The works! It was very "The Notebook"ish But I laughed and I cried. Worth the read.

5 stars for all the emotions it touched in me
Lucy
Nov 20, 2011 Lucy rated it really liked it
Sweet and tough and heart wrenchingly sad. A simple life can be the best kind. This was so short, but had my crying my head off at the end.
Sadonna
Sep 19, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, contemporary
Beautifully written short story about a love lasting a lifetime. A lot of bittersweet punch in a few short pages. Well done.
adrienne
Mar 09, 2010 adrienne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-fiction, good, shorts
Terribly sweet, wonderfully simple, slightly sad and gut-wrenchingly heartwarming
Shanna
I felt this book was trying too hard and came off as schmaltzy.
Dee Wy
Apr 20, 2014 Dee Wy rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-story
Sniff, it mad me tear up. Very sweet and well-written.
OkayKim
Mar 17, 2012 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
A very sweet story.
Scherlock
Scherlock marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Eleonora
Eleonora rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Ori
Ori marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2015
Ramsi
Ramsi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Maggie Simms
Maggie Simms marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Tomma
Tomma rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2015
Reem Mu-uthasim
Reem Mu-uthasim rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Adriana
Adriana marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Chrissy Munder writes contemporary M/M romance filled with everyday men and extraordinary passion to transport readers into their personal world of love, laughter, and desire

She is an avid reader, a wanderer of Michigan’s wilderness, and, while not in any particular order, a lover of lists, zombies, and bad sci-fi. She’s also perpetually behind on everything—except feeding the cat. There are those
More about Chrissy Munder...