Start by marking “Glamourpuss: The Enchanting World of Kitty Wigs” as Want to Read:
Glamourpuss: The Enchanting World of Kitty Wigs

Glamourpuss: The Enchanting World of Kitty Wigs

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  19 reviews
According to cuteoverload.com, we have officially reached "totally new levels of redonkulessness." The Kitty Wig crazesprung from the feverish imagination of Julie Jackson and her purring partner in crimehas swept the globe. Glamourpuss presents 60 stylish portraits showcasing furry models in the most fetching custom-made cat wigs ever created. The chic felines in this del ...more
Published September 16th 2009 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Glamourpuss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glamourpuss

karen
this book angers me.

i hate animals in clothes. i do not think it makes them any cuter than they are.

greg always tries to trip me up with rapid-fire interrogations on this matter:

if a monkey is also an astronaut, is he allowed to wear protective space gear?? (yes)
if a monkey is also a judge, is he allowed to wear a wig and robe?? (no)
if a dog is a st. bernard rescue dog, is he allowed to wear a barrel of booze (yes, but only a small one)

the point is he never asked me if cats were allowed to wea
Monica!
I'm not going to lie, friends. I occasionally get jealous about the success of others. When I read a book that I'm pretty sure a trained chimpanzee could write, and realize the author is making at least hundreds of thousands of dollars, it makes me cry. I feel the same way about terrible films that do great at the box office, or terrible fashion styles that are picked up by every mall in the country.

I sort of felt the same way about Glamourpuss. The knowledge that somewhere out there, people are
Jul 29, 2010 Jennifer added it
Shelves: 2010
I can't even begin to rate this book. It doesn't quite fall into the "so bad it's good" category. More than anything, I'm amazed (disturbed?) that someone took the time to A: make wigs (plural) for cats B) photograph said cats and wigs and C) actually consider, then PUBLISH this book.

But then again, I'm the one who read it, so what does that say about me??
Robin
Aug 10, 2014 Robin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one :(
I have very mixed feelings about this book.

On the positive side, I love that all the cats photographed are all rescued or adopted strays.
Also, I admit that some of the pictures + captions were cute and/or funny.

On the negative side, I feel that cats are already awesome just being CATS. I don't think they need - OR WANT - to wear wigs. I would hope that the cats pictured are wearing the wigs for the moment or two it takes to pose for a cute photo, but the author's website leads me to believe that
Xanthi
I stumbled upon this book whilst browsing in a bookshop and after flicking through a few pages, I found myself smiling and by the time i got to the photo of the kitten in a tiny mulicoloured curly wig, I was in a fit of giggles, so the boyfriend bought it for me.
I realize that this sort of book is not everyone's cup of tea. Infact, I can sympathize with people who feel it might be 'humiliating' or 'degrading' in principle. I think there is a fine line between that and and a loving kind of humour
Wendy
If you don't like animals in clothing (or wigs in this case), then don't bother because this is what Glamourpuss is all about. I thought all of the photographs were adorable. However, I could have done without the inner cat "dialogue" provided for each look. For me, these quips detracted from the enjoyment of the pictures. If you're intrigued by the thought of cats in wigs--pick up the book, look at the photographs, and avoid the written sections.
Tofu Fairy
cat lovers and lovers of all things cat and silly unite! you will enjoy this book! so freaking funny! again I didn't read every word because I got it more for the novelty of the pictures. but the pictures were worth it to me. these are some patient cats! a must for all cat lovers with a sense of camp humor!
Eldon
Jul 12, 2010 Eldon rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who want to roll their eyes. Repeatedly
Recommended to Eldon by: No one, it forced itself on me like a train wreck.
My daughter brought this home from the library in disbelief. I can't believe this ever got published and I can't believe the library spent $15 on it. It's amazing what people will spend money for! But if I ever ask the library to purchase a "real" book and get the old "money is tight" excuse...
Lani
This book was an absurd gift, though I mean that in the best possible way. Kitties in wigs are pretty funny, and the pictures and captions were glorious.

Of course this isn't anything spectacular, but it is fun and silly and a good gag gift to keep around the house.
Lore
YOu will love this if you fancy cats and their many attitudes. But the kitty wigs are so awesome. Must read
G
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen and that's what makes it so great.
Tom Troutman
I got this for free. It has cats with wigs on. It exists.
Chacha Centeno
Cats in wigs and barfing rainbows.
Emma
Cute! Skittles is my favorite!
Heather
Cute cats wearing wigs.
Elsa
This is pretty funny....
Jeffrey Storey
It delivers as expected...
Jorden
It had me lol-ing
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Petitcello
Petitcello marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Subversive Cross Stitch: 33 Designs for Your Surly Side Subversive Cross Stitch: 50 F*cking Clever Designs for Your Sassy Side Great Giants Stories Every Young Fan Should Know Early learning for puppies 8 weeks to 16 weeks of age to socialize and promote good behavior: A program guide for humane societies and veterinary clinics Achterlijke gladiool: borduren voor bitches