Start by marking “Christmas Miracles ” as Want to Read:
Christmas Miracles

Christmas Miracles

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Celebrate the season of hope and miracles with these inspiring true stories that will warm the heart and touch the soul…

A man lies gravely ill in the hospital on Christmas when he hears angels singing and immediately makes a full recovery. A little boy with dyslexia sits down to read a Christmas book and realizes that his disability has vanished. And a woman’s faith is re
Published October 13th 2009 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Miracles

Clockstein Lockstein
Dec 17, 2009 Clockstein Lockstein rated it it was amazing

Christmas Miracles by Cecil Murphey & Marley Gibson is the perfect book to help you get in the right frame of mind for the holidays by reminding you of what Christmas is really all about. The authors have taken true stories from a variety of authors about their own Christmas miracles. Births, deaths, injuries, and poverty are themes all touched on here, each with their own message of hope and faith. I definitely recommend keeping a box of tissues handy while reading. The stories are overflow
Ashli Stroyan
This was a great informative children’s book that teaches children about Christmas in various countries, and the many traditions that are celebrated by those countries. This is a very eye-opening book especially for children. It teaches them about different cultures while taking them on a journey around the world to twenty different countries. This book is great for teaching children about diversity, and how different parts of the world do things in different ways, and it doesn’t mean that one w ...more
Virginia
Oct 24, 2009 Virginia rated it really liked it
Christmas Miracles is a collection of true stories about the miracle of Christmas, times when God stepped into everyday life and made His presence known. The miracles described in this book are of the extraordinary and the ordinary, of the gloriously happy and the deeply poignant. Like the story of angels who changed a tire for an elderly couple during a snowstorm, and of a special nativity set that gave a single mom and her two boys hope during one bleak Christmas season. There’s a story of the ...more
Sarabeara
Jan 31, 2016 Sarabeara rated it really liked it
Beautiful little stories of peoples experiences of miracles around the Christmas season. I have a slight bias as a friend has written one of the stories, but it's still amazing to see what God has done in peoples lives, whether leaning towards the simple or more complex, He is amazing! Well worth the read if you need a reminder of how much He loves!
Nancy
Dec 22, 2015 Nancy rated it it was ok
I kept thinking the next story would be great. No such luck. Chicken Soup does a better job. Lots of medical miracles. I was glad to see that some of the stories did address death at the holidays, since not everyone's medical miracle comes true. It was okay, but not my favorite of these kind of Christmas books.
Mary Ann
Dec 30, 2014 Mary Ann rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading a book where people shared inspirational stories that happened to them that left them feeling a greater connection to God and mankind.
Sherri Anderson
Dec 08, 2014 Sherri Anderson rated it really liked it
Makes you remember what is important this time of year.
Lisa
Feb 27, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
Each year we chose a Christmas themed book to read during the holiday season. We read a selection or two a day. These were short and to the point and very moving/uplifting. This one had more short stories than there are days in December, so it took us longer but I definitely recommend it. It is not a book to read at all at once or the stories begin to feel redundant and predictable.
Chris
Dec 07, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
If you look at my list of "read" books, you will notice that I don't hand out a lot of 4 or 5 stars. I liked this book. The stories were good, moving and often times inspirational. A nice little book and an easy read, but sorry to say nothing that really grabbed me and made it memorable.
Pat
Jan 16, 2010 Pat rated it really liked it
Recommended to Pat by: pnachand@msn.com
I started this book during the Christmas season and recommend it for anyone who believes in the "magic" of the Christmas season and enjoys reminders of the true meaning of Christmas. Many of the stories are truly heartwarming.
Mary
Jan 03, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Very good, easy read and uplifting. I got this for Christmas so I read it after Christmas. This would be a great book to read before Christmas to have the right mind-set prior to the celebration of Christ's birth!!
Michelle
Mar 22, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Beatiful stories for the Christmas season...I cried through many of them because they simply touch your heart. Definitely a book to read each year to renew the spirit at Christmas.
Dec 31, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
A compilation of real people's stories about miracles occurring at Christmas time.....who doesn't enjoy reading about miracles??
Crysti Klinker
Jan 11, 2010 Crysti Klinker rated it really liked it
Inpiring stories. Quick Read. But to me a number of the testamonies do not classify as miracles to me. At the same time, some of the stories were so powerful.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Tricia Thompson
Tricia Thompson marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Amy Dravland
Amy Dravland rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Sarah Pesto
Sarah Pesto marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Jana Williams
Jana Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Eileen Murray
Eileen Murray marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Adeline
Adeline marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cecil Murphey has written or coauthored more than one hundred books, including the autobiography of Franklin Graham, Rebel with a Cause. A collaborator on the bestseller Gifted Hands with Dr. Ben Carson, Cecil resides in Georgia.
More about Cecil Murphey...