Start by marking “Connecting Young Adults and Libraries: A How-To-Do-It Manual, 4th Edition (How-to-Do-It Manuals)” as Want to Read:

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  6 reviews
YAttitude is back and in the 4th edition of the best-selling Connecting Young Adults and Libraries, created by former author, trainer, and inspirational speaker Patrick Jones. Co-authors Michele Gorman and Tricia Suellentrop have updated and revised this edition to address the latest trends and best practices in teen services, including programming, marketing and promotion ...more
Published June 30th 2009 by Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Connecting Young Adults and Libraries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Connecting Young Adults and Libraries

bjneary
Connecting Young Adults and Libraries continues with the passion, enthusiasm and commitment to teens of the previous editions. If you don’t have this book yet, order it now! There is a new, important chapter on Information Literacy and this manual does a great job providing in-depth information and tools on library service to young adults in schools and public libraries. Chapters include understanding the YA audience, providing the best service possible, the right kind of collection (books and t ...more
This book has great answers for all your teen library services questions! For example:
P 256 - 258 - If only one teen shows up, do you cancel the program?
Tiffany Klier
There are so many parts of this book that I can easily see using in the future. There is also a CD in the back for creating documents like Internet Use policies for teens. I especially liked the idea of creating a teen web committee within a library, where teens choose what goes on the teen portal, as well as regularly contributing to book blogs and programming web events. I'd put what page I'm reading currently, but we've jumped around the edition.
Christen
This book has some great insights into serving teens in libraries, as well as getting the staff on board with this patron demographic. The writing occassionally veered into purple prose and at other times felt like the authors assumed the readers harbored a secret dislike for teens. Overall, it provides a good overview of services to teens.
Deeanna Culbertson
This was a text book I needed to read for one of my graduate classes. It was clear, concise and very helpful for my Young Adult literature and programming course. A great book for anyone who works with teens in a library.
Lori
This is one of my most favorite librarian books that I like to revisit now and again :)
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Wednesday
Wednesday marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Betsy
Betsy added it
Jul 11, 2014
Ncsd.1
Ncsd.1 added it
Feb 19, 2014
Leigh-ann
Leigh-ann marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Getting Graphic!: Using Graphic Novels to Promote Literacy with Preteens and Teens Getting Graphic!: Comics for Kids Getting Graphic