Start by marking “Saved at Sea” as Want to Read:
Saved at Sea

Saved at Sea

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  78 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The waves are rising and the ship is on the rocks. Alick and his grandfather set out in their boat to save as many lives as they can... but this time they only come back with one. A little girl is thrown overboard moments before a huge wave sweeps the wreck away. Who is she? Where are her parents? What are they going to do?

As the storm disappears on the horizon, the little
Published January 1st 1998 by Accelerated Christian Education, Inc. (first published 1887)

To ask other readers questions about Saved at Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saved at Sea

Mick Bordet
Dec 29, 2013 Mick Bordet rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Christian lighthouse keepers?
What started as a very sweet, gentle story about life in a lighthouse just stopped as though the author ran out of steam. Add to that the intrusive insertion of a religious sub-plot that feels shoehorned in, and the whole tale was very disappointing. At least it was mercifully short.
Theresa
Jul 02, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it
"On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand."
Arlene Starr
Apr 08, 2015 Arlene Starr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a short book of not many pages and written for young readers. It is written in first person
by Alick, a 12 year old, who relates his experience living with his grandfather, Sandy Fergusson,
whose duty it is to keep the lamps in order within the Lighthouse in order to light them every night.
Alick tells of life living on an island by the sea. During a raging storm that violently stirs up the sea and swallows up everything in fog, Alick, his grandfather and their neighbor Jem Millar attemp
Hayden
May 07, 2015 Hayden rated it it was amazing
I had to read this aloud for school years ago and now my youngest brother is reading it aloud to me for his school. Definitely one of my favorite younger-kids required reading books. Brings back so many memories :)
Lorena Rodriguez
Jun 16, 2014 Lorena Rodriguez rated it it was ok
Read it many years ago, I didn't like it since the beginning, but had to read for Literature so... yeah
Erika
Feb 01, 2015 Erika added it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Read this with my 3rd and 4th graders for a book report they had to write.
Esther
it was cool and amazing i liked it
Taheim O'bryan
Feb 19, 2014 Taheim O'bryan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yes
Its a good book and I think
its awesome

Sylvia
Dec 23, 2015 Sylvia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is another book I had to read because I have a student reading it for a book report. It was a good and interesting story; I liked how they introduced the necessity to accept Christ as your savior and that good deeds and being a good person is nice but not enough.
Kristen
May 04, 2011 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: classic
Some of the compaints I have heard about this book it that it was too simple. I would agree. However, I do believe this would be a good read aloud to my kids.
Elaine
We enjoyed this sweet book I bought at the Sally Clarkson conference last weekend. It was a quick read, sweet characters, and sweet story.
Abigail
Jan 19, 2012 Abigail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!When I started it I could not put it down.
Rachel
Mar 25, 2015 Rachel added it
Shelves: child-teen-ya
Read this aloud to my youngest sisters.
Yvonne Giovatto
Yvonne Giovatto marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Faith Potts
Faith Potts marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Lucastolar
Lucastolar marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Talitha
Talitha rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2016
Stephanie Utley
Stephanie Utley marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Liz
Liz added it
Jan 16, 2016
Ausrey
Ausrey added it
Jan 10, 2016
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Cristina
Cristina rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
J'Phat Mayurawat
J'Phat Mayurawat rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
GraceH
GraceH marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
SDFriend
SDFriend marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Reuben
Reuben rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2015
Sara Ananias
Sara Ananias marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amy Catherine Walton, better known as Mrs O F Walton, was a British author of Christian children's and teenage books, mainly but not exclusively fiction. She was born Amy Catherine Deck in 1849, and died in Leigh, Kent in 1939.

Amy was the daughter of the vicar of St Stephen's Church, Spring Street, Hull.

Her career as an author began with My Mates And I, written in 1870 but not published until 1873
More about Amy Catherine Walton...