Start by marking “Larger Than Life (Loveswept)” as Want to Read:
Larger Than Life (Loveswept)

Larger Than Life (Loveswept)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  238 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

Published (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Larger Than Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Larger Than Life

Alex is The Romance Fox
A sweet and romantic love story...not the usual type of book I have read by this author...but nevertheless, enjoyable.

I did like the heroine- she had some tragic things happen in her life and I was hoping that she would eventually find happiness with someone special....which of course she does.
Michelle
Apr 14, 2014 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kay-hooper
Too mushy for my liking.
Marcia Berg Haskell
"From New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper comes a novel of romantic intrigue about a pop music sensation with an unforgettable voice—and a secret past she keeps hidden even from the man she loves.

What makes Saber Duncan sing with such passion? Her sensual voice moves women to tears and makes men want to go out and slay dragons to get close to her. Yet a few years ago this budding superstar was just another lightweight pop diva. So what changed? As her would-be biographer Travis Foxx emb
Julie Mink
May 26, 2014 Julie Mink rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of Kay Hooper's earlier Loveswept romances, reissued.

A wonderful love story with all the beautiful characters and love themes she is known for. It is the perfect book to read after reading something very intense and complicated. I have many more of her early books and love to read one on a rainy day. They make me feel warm and content.
Anna
Jun 08, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: npl
Shelves: sweet-nothings
after the first chapter, I realized this must be an earlier work -- it had an undeveloped/underdeveloped quality to it -- it's a very quick lazy afternoon read ...

A bit insipid -- the great secret was not really a mystery after all
Julie
Nov 27, 2011 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, in my defense, this was not the cover on the CD case. It had trees and talked about mystery. I fast forwarded through all the heavy breathing and probably graphic ick and it was entertaining. There was a bit of mystery, but you didn't have to think too hard. If I hadn't been in the car traveling to American Fork, I probably would have changed books.
Heather
Sugary sweet. The endearments are typically over the top, in line with the time that this was written, but were very distracting. Especially as I read this via audiobook and the narrator seemed to stress them in the dialogue between the characters. Liked the way the plot developed.
Randy Holmberg
This book isn't like her FBI novels at all, or like many of her earlier works. Its a step away from a classic smut book, but all and all its an okay read. <3 Kay Hooper
Kay
Oct 31, 2010 Kay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
I would say it was a lame book but it was the perfect fit for a Sunday morning I couldn't pull myself out of bed. It took less than 3 hrs. to read so I didn't waste much time.
Dotti
Dec 07, 2011 Dotti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know this book is 25 years old, but really? As I was reading it I kept thinking of ways the author could have made it interesting. Definitely, Lite Romance.
Stacy
Feb 21, 2012 Stacy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
sappy and contrived content but the story line should have made for a good read...
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sue
Sue added it
Feb 10, 2016
DianaC S
DianaC S marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Lynn Holland
Lynn Holland rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Cherri Mosley
Cherri Mosley rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Peter
Peter is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2016
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Susan Erickson
Susan Erickson marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Kate Keller
Kate Keller marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Karen Lively
Karen Lively rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Michael Ellis
Michael Ellis rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
  • Blue Skies And Shining Promises (Sedikhan, #15)
  • Midnight Eyes
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Dark of the Night
  • Strangers In Paradise
  • Daniel's Desire
  • Perfect Harmony: Unfinished Business\Local Hero
  • Let's Make It Legal
  • Sweet Suspicion (New Orleans Trilogy, #3)
  • Dreaming
  • To Wed a Stranger (C Series, #6)
  • The Duke's Indiscretion (Duke Trilogy, #3)
  • Heart's Ease
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...