Start by marking “Wooster Proposes, Jeeves Disposes” as Want to Read:
Wooster Proposes, Jeeves Disposes

Wooster Proposes, Jeeves Disposes

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published June 28th 1992 by James H. Heineman (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Wooster Proposes, Jeeves Disposes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wooster Proposes, Jeeves Disposes

Anand
I love this book. I was really surprised to see a book about Wodehouse by Kristin Thompson. She is a great film writer, but Wodehouse and film are quite different animals.
The book is really well written, and has a lot of little references that avid Wodehouse readers will love, while still having enough to keep the Wodehouse novice from getting bored.
This book analyzes some great Jeeves and Wooster bits, but is a little thin on the rest of Wodehouses characters and series.
Diskojoe
Oct 25, 2007 Diskojoe rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Emily
I have just completed obtaining a complete collection of P.G. Wodehouse's book & in celebration, I re-read this book, which I had for over ten years. It goes into detail on how Wodehouse constructed and wrote his books, concentrating on the Jeeves/Wooster series.
Jenifer
I do like reading good, light (not jargon-y) literary criticism such as this.
Emily
This woman knows her Jeeves.
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Beatrix Dinnyés
Beatrix Dinnyés marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Tejas
Tejas added it
Jul 10, 2013
Jay Nachenberg
Jay Nachenberg marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Nadia Jasmine
Nadia Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
Shari
Shari added it
Sep 07, 2011
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2010
jen
jen marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2008
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 30, 2008
Film History: An Introduction The Frodo Franchise: The Lord of the Rings and Modern Hollywood Storytelling in the New Hollywood: Understanding Classical Narrative Technique Breaking the Glass Armor: Neoformalist Film Analysis Storytelling in Film and Television