Start by marking “Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book” as Want to Read:
Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book

Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book (Maisy)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  344 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Going to preschool is a lot more fun with a friend like Maisy to show you the ropes!

Preschool for Maisy means a day filled with friends and things to do, from the time she hangs her coat on a special peg to the time she says good-bye. There’s painting and snack time, stories and nap time (and a bathroom break in between). Soon everyone’s ready to haul out the instruments a...more
Published June 9th 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Maisy Goes to Preschool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy Goes to Preschool

Russell
Thoroughly conveys the joyful bliss and optimism from preschool, before institutionalized learning crushes the hope out of students.

I understand that Mr. Peacock wants to feel beloved by all students, but that doesn't excuse not correcting Dotty's grammar. "And that's Maisy and me dancing"? Maisy and I, Dotty. Maisy and I.
Caron Phillips
To help my preschooler go to preschool

To help my preschooler go to preschool

The preschool read this to my daughter. She doesn't want to go but this book helped her want to go. She did a lot of comparisons between her class and Maisy's class.

Renee
Sep 14, 2014 Renee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PreK
This would be good for parents to share with their children to help prevent anxiety about what happens at preschool. The page where Maisy and Dotty go to the bathroom shows Maisy on the toilet and I could not share this with a whole class unless I want a ton of giggles. PreK
Charlotte
This book covers many of the activities and experiences you will find in a school setting.

This book is well done on many levels. It is fun and entertaining for age groups 1-adult. This in itself is a feat. I am amused everytime those fish pop out. It is too cute.

This book is also very educational to different age groups. On a base leve it introduces children to different activities that the will find in school. On a higher level there is math to figure out. When you are reading with different...more
Sally Bogdan
fun read! good way to get children interested and excited to start school
Rachel
I like Cousins' books for their simple stories and brightly-colored illustrations. This book introduces toddlers/preschoolers to the idea of going to school. Maisy is going to preschool, where she paints, plays with her friends, uses the potty, snacktime and naptime. Her school is a lot like my son’s daycare, as far as the kind of things they do during the day. Recommended for ages 3-5, 4 stars.
Missy Kirtley
When I went looking for books to prepare my daughter to go to Montessori Preschool, this one came up randomly in my search. I borrowed it from the library, and it was such an asset! My daughter was prepared for preschool and had the language that she needed to talk about the day-to-day activities that she would be performing at school.

Though Montessori is quite a bit different, she still was better prepared after having read this book.
Ina
With bright child-like illustrations the reader follows Maisy and her friends through a day of preschool. All the animals in Mr. Peacock's class are engaged and happy as they greet each other, paint, and enjoy snack time, story time and nap time. The simple text is very comforting and the exuberant illustrations are filled with fun. This is a great book for any child that may be apprehensive about starting preschool.
Polly
A good book about preschool for actual preschoolers--I find too many starting-school books are way too long for the age group they are supposedly meant to introduce school to.
Kyrie
Cute - pretty comprehensive of what you do in preschool. The drawings were so childlike.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Maisy goes through the routines of her day at preschool with confidence and joy.
Chrystal
We love Maisy books and our 3 1/2 yr. old starts preschool this year - double win!
Vicky
Big bright colors that children enjoy. Preschoolers can relate well to it.
Jamie Addison
Not as good as the earlier titles.
Kirei
This is a cute lift-the-flap book.
Shelley
Love all the Maisy books.
Nancy
not much there...
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • The Baby's Catalogue
  • Handa's Surprise: Read and Share
  • Miffy
  • Kipper
  • The Elephant and the Bad Baby
  • Meg and Mog
  • Spot Goes to School (color)
  • Three Little Kittens
  • Max's ABC
  • The I LOVE YOU Book
  • Curious George's First Day of School
  • Madlenka
  • Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Waking Up?
  • Ollie
  • If You're A Monster And You Know It
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • Doggone Dogs
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow...more
More about Lucy Cousins...
Hooray For Fish! Maisy Goes to the Library: A Maisy First Experience Book Yummy: Eight Favorite Fairy Tales Peck, Peck, Peck I'm The Best