Start by marking “Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book” as Want to Read:
Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book

Maisy Goes to Preschool: A Maisy First Experiences Book (Maisy)

Preschool for Maisy means a day filled with friends and things to do, from the time she hangs her coat on a special peg to the time she says good-bye. There’s painting and snack time, stories and nap time (and a bathroom break in between). Soon everyone’s ready to haul out the instruments and make some noise, then head outside for a turn at the sandbox or slide. In a brigh ...more
Published June 9th 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Maisy Goes to Preschool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy Goes to Preschool

Author: Lucy Cousins

Illustrator: Lucy Cousins

Genre: Picture Book, Toy Book

Theme(s): Mouse, Preschool, Moveable

Opening line/sentence: “Maisy paints some pictures”

Brief Book Summary:
Through pulling tabs and opening flaps on the pages, children have the opportunity to engage in Maisy’s first day of school. From helping her do math problems, looking in her closet at dress up clothes and seeing what she is painting, are all various ways the reader can participate in Maisy
Susan
Mar 07, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-shelf
Two and three your olds love this more than their other Maisy books right now, likely because they go to prek so take an interest in Maisy's school.
Charlotte
This book covers many of the activities and experiences you will find in a school setting.

This book is well done on many levels. It is fun and entertaining for age groups 1-adult. This in itself is a feat. I am amused everytime those fish pop out. It is too cute.

This book is also very educational to different age groups. On a base leve it introduces children to different activities that the will find in school. On a higher level there is math to figure out. When you are reading with different
Ina
Sep 11, 2013 Ina rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime-reads
With bright child-like illustrations the reader follows Maisy and her friends through a day of preschool. All the animals in Mr. Peacock's class are engaged and happy as they greet each other, paint, and enjoy snack time, story time and nap time. The simple text is very comforting and the exuberant illustrations are filled with fun. This is a great book for any child that may be apprehensive about starting preschool.
Missy Kirtley
When I went looking for books to prepare my daughter to go to Montessori Preschool, this one came up randomly in my search. I borrowed it from the library, and it was such an asset! My daughter was prepared for preschool and had the language that she needed to talk about the day-to-day activities that she would be performing at school.

Though Montessori is quite a bit different, she still was better prepared after having read this book.
Russell
Aug 20, 2014 Russell rated it liked it
Thoroughly conveys the joyful bliss and optimism from preschool, before institutionalized learning crushes the hope out of students.

I understand that Mr. Peacock wants to feel beloved by all students, but that doesn't excuse not correcting Dotty's grammar. "And that's Maisy and me dancing"? Maisy and I, Dotty. Maisy and I.
Rachel
Jun 24, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
I like Cousins' books for their simple stories and brightly-colored illustrations. This book introduces toddlers/preschoolers to the idea of going to school. Maisy is going to preschool, where she paints, plays with her friends, uses the potty, snacktime and naptime. Her school is a lot like my son’s daycare, as far as the kind of things they do during the day. Recommended for ages 3-5, 4 stars.
Kate
Oct 06, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got the Mini Pop-Up version of this book from my local library, and I thought it was an adorable little book for children. The colors and vibrant, and the pop-ups make it an interactive activity. The book tells the story of Maisy's day at preschool and all the activities she does there. A quick and fun read!
Renee
Sep 14, 2014 Renee rated it liked it
Recommends it for: PreK
This would be good for parents to share with their children to help prevent anxiety about what happens at preschool. The page where Maisy and Dotty go to the bathroom shows Maisy on the toilet and I could not share this with a whole class unless I want a ton of giggles. PreK
Caron Phillips
Aug 27, 2014 Caron Phillips rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To help my preschooler go to preschool

To help my preschooler go to preschool

The preschool read this to my daughter. She doesn't want to go but this book helped her want to go. She did a lot of comparisons between her class and Maisy's class.

Tapani Aulu
Tästä poitsu tykkäs niin kympillä että piti lukea heti kaksi kertaa ja selailla vielä lisää.
ABC
Jan 28, 2009 ABC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: younger-kids
This is a cute lift-the-flap book.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Maisy goes through the routines of her day at preschool with confidence and joy.
Shelley
May 10, 2012 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love all the Maisy books.
Joy
Aug 17, 2015 Joy rated it liked it
This book is about Maisy's first day of preschool.
Polly
Sep 09, 2012 Polly rated it liked it
A good book about preschool for actual preschoolers--I find too many starting-school books are way too long for the age group they are supposedly meant to introduce school to.
Nancy
Oct 13, 2009 Nancy rated it liked it
not much there...
Robyn
Apr 24, 2011 Robyn rated it liked it
(Read with little sister as part of the "1,001 Children's Books To Read")

I enjoyed it, and liked that her teacher was a peacock and she had a friend named Tallulah.
Vicky
Mar 07, 2012 Vicky rated it really liked it
Big bright colors that children enjoy. Preschoolers can relate well to it.
Kyrie
Mar 02, 2013 Kyrie rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute - pretty comprehensive of what you do in preschool. The drawings were so childlike.
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Nina Wilson
Nina Wilson rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Sue Smith
Sue Smith rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2016
Bee
Bee rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Pernilla
Pernilla rated it it was ok
May 07, 2014
  • Good Night, Alfie Atkins
  • Lavender's Blue
  • The Baby's Catalogue
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • The Three Railway Engines (The Railway Series, #1)
  • Miffy
  • The Elephant and the Bad Baby
  • Kipper
  • Handa's Surprise: Read and Share (Reading and Math Together)
  • Max (Reading Rainbow Book)
  • The Cow Who Fell in the Canal
  • Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Waking Up?
  • Kate Greenaway's Mother Goose
  • Morris's Disappearing Bag
  • Three Little Kittens
  • I Am Too Absolutely Small for School
  • I Love School!
  • Mr. Gumpy's Outing
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow ...more
More about Lucy Cousins...

Maisy (1 - 10 of 140 books)
  • Maisy Goes to the Library
  • Maisy's Pool
  • Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book
  • Maisy Cleans Up
  • Maisy Takes a Bath
  • Maisy's Rainbow Dream (Maisy)