Start by marking “The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People” as Want to Read:
The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People

The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  65 reviews
The first easy , and fun guide to the Enneagram, the fascinating and revealing method of understanding personality types, for the beginner, the expert, and everyone in between. This witty and informative guide demystifies the ancient Enneagram system with cartoons, exercises, and personality tests that reveal our motivations and desires and show how to put that knowledge t ...more
Published March 11th 1994 by HarperSanFrancisco

To ask other readers questions about The Enneagram Made Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enneagram Made Easy

Tiffany
If you are going to read one book about the enneagram this book is not a bad place to start. You will blow through it in under an hour as it's mostly cartoons and easy to read lists, with pithy phrases and Harvard Reivew-worthy bullets. Which does not mean I did not deepen my understanding of the system. I did!

One thing I had never encountered before was a section in each of the types called: "What X would never dream of doing." Under the "Eight" type was written: "remove profanity from daily la
Ashley
I've just recently gotten in to the Enneagram stuff and happened to come cross this book as I was sorting through donations at a used bookstore...needless to say, I quickly snatched it up!

Interesting but kind of breezy. I'm somewhat disappointed because after you read your type and the bits at the beginning/end of the book it suddenly becomes pretty uninteresting.

But I can't really fault the book for that- it's clearly an overview of the types- it's not meant to get too deep into any of them...a
Bedour
إن مبدأ الشخصيات التسع هو دراسة شخصيات البشر التسع الأساسية : يشرح تصرفاتهم وسلوكهم ، ويعطي توجيهات محددة لمن يسعى إلى تطوير شخصيته كما يسمح خاصة بتحسين العلاقات مع العائلة والأصدقاء والزملاء .
لمعرفة جذور وأصور هذه الدراسة ، لا بد من العودة إلى الوراء ، إلى قرون خلت . نجهل أصلها الحقيقي ، لكننا نعتقد أنها كانت جزء من التعاليم التي تنقل شفهيا ( بالتواتر ) لدى الأخويات الصوفية السرية في الشرق الأوسط . وقد دخلت أوروبا ما بين 1920 و 1930 على يد المعلم الروسي المتصوف G.I.Gurdieff
( غورد جاييف ) ، لتصل
Asriani Amir
Entah sejak kapan dan bagaimana mulanya, saya selalu penasaran dengan buku-buku bergenre psikologi. Sejak itu pula, saya selalu menganggap manusia sebagai urusan yang serba relatif, tidak tertebak, tidak ada rumusan baku yang bisa menjelaskan secara pas atau proporsional mengenai apa dan bagaimana mekanisme bertindak seseorang. Sedangkalnya isi kepala ini, saya hanya tau konsep psikologi Myers-Briggs yang terkenal itu. Kepala ini hanya sampai pada pemahaman adanya kecenderungan manusia menjadi e ...more
Allison
A friend introduced me to the Enneagram lately, and (despite the "psychobabble" protests of another friend), I find it to be a very useful tool for understanding motivations and impulses--whether mine or my friends' and family members'. This book is a good introduction to the concept, though it's rather simplistic, as anything "made easy" would tend to be. Concise and useful.
Kate
Jun 29, 2014 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: misc
Finding your Enneagram type is more complicated than finding your Myers-Briggs type in my experience. For this reason, I think the book would have been improved upon if it had explained a little more about how wings affect each personality type. I also think a more comprehensive type questionnaire would have been nice. From this book alone I cannot determine my Enneagram type or even be relatively certain of it, but it is a good introduction to the system–simple, straightforward, and easy to und ...more
Esmeralda
This is a reference guide to 9 Enneagram personality templates. It is quick paced and straight forward with lists and cartoons. It has enough information to be reflective upon the motives of self and others.

The person who gave me this book to read choose it over other personality factors for two reasons. One unlike the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator it lists negative core emotions. Two, it is an old set of categories passed on though various different cultures. Consequently, it is less copy right h
Gilbert
Jan 28, 2009 Gilbert rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to know why they act the way they do...and have it explained simplistically
I enjoyed the simplistic layout of the book....there's other Enneagram books that are so much larger than this one, so this book isn't daunting....and it's other title could be "Enneagram for dummies."

I'm so grateful for getting my hands on this book because the Enneagram is such a helpful tool to my self-discovery and this book made the material easy to grasp at so that I could pick up other authors on it and know what they're talking about without having a psyc. degree.
Prita Indrianingsih
If you curious about your type of personality, or perhaps convince that you have more than one. Then you should read this book. It stating about Enneagram theory and help readers to identify their weakness, type and strength. It gives you advise also about the career path that matched for every type. At the end of the book, it gives also an explanation about Jung's theory, and combined both theories quite well. Interesting stuff to read.
Maria
kita perlu mengetahui tipe-tipe kepribadian orang lain untuk mempermudah kita menjalin interaksi dengan mereka.
Menurutku Kamu kudu baca! oh iya, buku ini ada 3 yaitu : yang merah, hijau (utk interaksi dengan pasangan, kerenz) dan yang biru (interaksi kepada anak--blm punya, ga ampe nunggu punya anak dong yaa...hrs beli!, dihadiahin jg ga nolak...heheh)

--ttp bersemangat-- :)

open book, open mind
Ingrid Stabb
Fun Read! If you want a quick overview of Enneatype but you also want to have some fun with it and laugh out loud, this is the book for you. Elizabeth Wagele includes cartoons throughout the book that marvelously illustrate the mindset of each of the personality types-as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. This book also maps Enneatypes to Myers-Briggs in a helpful visual table.
Astrini
Sep 15, 2007 Astrini rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody
awalnya bertanya-tanya tentang tipe2 kepribadian dari Eneagram, tapi setelah dibaca dan dipraktekan dalam kehidupan, memang bener2 bisa membantu kita untuk lebih mengerti tentang diri sendiri dan bagaimana cara menghadapin orang lain sesuai dengan tipe kepribadiannya...saran yang diberikan pun praktis dan membumi sehingga dapat membantu semua orang dan dapat meminimalkan kesalahpahaman ... =)
Emily
I find the enneagram such an interesting personality tool. Problem is, it it seems like a lot of the enneagram experts write like experts... and for my mommy brain at the end of the day, it was too much. I have the other books. I'll use the other books. But this is the book I would recommend as a starting spot for anyone interested in the Enneagram. It is a good, fun overview.
Diane
This felt more like a booklet than a book because there were lots of cartoons and checklists. It was a straightforward and oftentimes humorous overview of the enneagram. It certainly does not provide an in-depth examination, but that's not the goal. It's meant to be an introduction, and it is. It piqued my interest in the topic.
Eoghan Odinsson
Fantastic book for exploring your personality and that of others. The 9 types of the Enneagram are also related to the 16 MBTI types. Excellent book for use in business and writing. Each of the 9 types has bountiful examples of behavior in all aspect of life, such as career, relationships, as a child, or as parent. Highly recommended!
Alice
+3 stars because it's a fun, easy to read, well designed book. -2 stars because I can't take the enneagram seriously.
Irawan Senda
Ini buku yang menarik meski banyak tipe yang meleset karena si pembuatnya hanya membuat tipe manusia dari American Culture saja, untuk Asian Culture saya rasa tipe yang tersaji di dalam buku ini tidak sesuai karena saya melihat ada banyak hal yang tidak sesuai dengan tipe-tipe yang tersaji didalamnya.
Chris
I was introduced to the Enneagram though a guest speaker in one of my classes. I really loved this new to me way of personality typing. This book gives a positive spin on each of the types, is very easy to understand, and a good starting place for those who want to start learning about the Enneagram!
Ryan
Mirip-mirip Personality Plus. Saya sangat menyukai bagian yang menyatakan, "yang tidak mungkin dilakukan oleh tipe ke-4, Tipe Romantis : alih-alih mengecat dinding rumahnya dengan warna ungu, atau biru, ini justru malah memilih warna-warna norak, pink atau kuning ngejrenk. Hehehe...gw banget!
Cora
This was a quick read. I found it to be a great introduction to the Enneagram, however it was pretty basic and didn't really offer too much insight into the core needs driving each personality type. I'd recommend this book for anyone who wants a quick introduction to the Enneagram model.
Pera
I for get what number.
but I remember I'am an assertif!
9 type of people is so many caracter, may be thats why is hard to remember it.
not like personality plus, just 4 kind and so simple to see in daily activty,
this book I think difficult too use in friendship!
Sabkymom
A fun, easy read of Nine personality types. Enjoyable comics interspersed to show how each the 9 types would respond in a given situation. Addresses how each personality shapes the type of child, parent, work, and relationships we seek and offer.
Maria Hilda Pinon
Enneagram understanding can be simple or highly complex, but this book helps you to connect the dots inside of what makes you tick in an easy fun way. great book to get essential understanding of how the enneagram works and what type one is.
fragaria
ISFJ : introvert, sensing, feelers, judgers
Tipe 9, si pendamai : dimotivasi oleh kebutuhan untuk menjaga kedamaian, menyatu dengan orang lain, dan menghindari konflik

itulah saya
(ah masa? *loh*)
Wendy
This is simplified, yet I have found it is useful for introducing the Enneagram to people in a light and humorous way. It does not allow for any great introspective work. The Myers Briggs cross referencing at the end is cool.
Mary Collin
Lovely, straightforward intro to the 9 types on the enneagram. Small bite sized chunks. Cartoons, examples. It's all in here. I use this as my 'refresher'/reminder book. Worth a regular re-read & regular skimming.
Lenore
As the title says, this really is an easy way to understand the enneagram system. The book is full of short lists and funny little cartoons that make the information very accessible.
Reza Putra
Kalo saja Baron dan Wagele juga menyisipkan contoh penilaian pada kuisoner yang ia sertakan di sini, pembaca mungkin akan menjadi lebih pasti dalam menemukan tipe karakternya.
Loraena
Definitely the most interesting and understandable Enneagram book I've read. Still not 100% where I am on the circle, but after reading this I'm leaning towards 5w4.
Jamie
I really enjoyed reading this, recommended by my boss, to discover a bit more about me and how I interact. Fascinating. I'm going to keep reading about the Enneagram...
  • The Enneagram: Understanding Yourself and the Others in Your Life
  • The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine  Personality Types
  • The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul
  • The Essential Enneagram
  • Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type
  • The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective
  • Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work
  • The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By
  • We've Had a Hundred Years of Psychotherapy & the World's Getting Worse
  • The Truth Will Set You Free: Overcoming Emotional Blindness and Finding Your True Adult Self
  • We: Understanding the Psychology of Romantic Love
  • The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius(tm)
  • Psychological Types
  • I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You: The Real Meaning of the Sixteen Personality Types
  • Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence
  • The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders
  • Kokology: More of the Game of Self-Discovery
  • Facing Codependence: What It Is, Where It Comes from, How It Sabotages Our Lives
Renee Baron, a writer and therapist who uses the Enneagram in her counseling practice, she is the author of The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the Nine Types of People. She lives in Berkeley, CA.
More about Renee Baron...
What Type Am I?: The Myers-Brigg Type Indication Made Easy Are You My Type, Am I Yours? Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram ٩ شخصيات.. تسع طرق للنجاح The Enneagram Made Easy: Discover the 9 Types of People What Type Am I?: Discover Who You Really Are