Start by marking “You Know You Want It: Style-Inspiration-Confidence” as Want to Read:
You Know You Want It: Style-Inspiration-Confidence

You Know You Want It: Style-Inspiration-Confidence

Your classic sheath is charming; your sweetest frock is disarming. Are you an international woman of mystery or the girl next door? Sometimes all it takes to transform your style is a pair of ballet flats and a raffia tote, and suddenly, the downtown hipster becomes a mademoiselle from Marseilles.

The key to style is confidence. And the secret to
Published December 15th 2009 by Potter Style

To ask other readers questions about You Know You Want It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Know You Want It

Mar 08, 2010 Trena rated it it was ok
I picked up You Know You Want It by Eric Daman from the library's new book shelf when I was browsing for non-fiction. Daman is the costume designer for Gossip Girl. I watched a season of the show because a friend's sister's then-now-ex-husband is the producer and the friend had viewing parties for it. I was amused by the teenagers who lead lives more sophisticated than I will ever have, and the clothes are fantastic. Daman knows his stuff when it comes to costuming a cast.

Unfortunately, it does
Mar 08, 2010 Susan rated it did not like it
Why did this get published?! You could replicate his boring, generic advice with randomly selected fashion magazines and save yourself a ton of cash. It's so bad we aren't even going to add it to the library, even though as a review book, it was free.
Mary Lynn
Feb 04, 2010 Mary Lynn rated it it was ok
Kind of disappointing. Great illustrations and photos but nothing at all new to say about fashion, style or design.
BAYA Librarian
Jul 19, 2010 BAYA Librarian rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, fashion
This style guide from the costume designer for the popular television show, Gossip Girl, includes chapters on basics like defining your body type, types of blouses, skirts, slacks, and jeans. It also offers some color guidance for different complexion types and there is a section for picking a designer-like outfit for less money. An overarching theme encourages women to find their personal style from inspirations found in everyday life. Teens will find little of interest in this book, which is w ...more
Marissa Sherman Deziel
I really love the graphics in this book and the advice given in it is practical and fashionable.
Jun 03, 2010 Kristy rated it it was ok
Maybe if this had been the first book I'd read on style & I'd never read any magazines I would've learned something from this book. But I have so I don't think that I learned much if anything from this book. I also hated the way he described body types - I don't think his system was very accurate, there are other books that do a way better job. I give it 2 stars just because I liked the overall style of the book. It's cool and the pictures are vibrant and it's easy to read. I rented this fro ...more
Andrea Marley
Jan 24, 2014 Andrea Marley rated it it was amazing
SO AWESOME!!! Written by the costume designer for Gossip Girl !!!!!!!
Apr 04, 2010 Paula rated it liked it
It added a few new information for my fashion-knowledge, but that was it. But that's because I'm always reading about fashion. But it can be a great book for people who have absolutely no sense of style and need some guidelines to create a wardrobe with a personality, so if that's your case, go for it.
May 13, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it
The thing I believe most people don't see is that the pictures are a huge part if this book. There may not be a lot of writing in this book ,but there doesn't need to be. The styling in the photographs demonstrate what the words are saying and the two combined make the overall picture.
Dec 28, 2010 Marykris rated it liked it
I loved the layout for this book but I found the author's fashion advice a bit repetitive. I was expecting a lot more from the designer of Gossip Girl.
May 30, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it
BORING! very dissappointing considering I love eric and his work on GG
Margaret Heller
Oct 09, 2010 Margaret Heller rated it it was ok
Very disjointed. Good pictures, but not a whole lot going on other than that.
Apr 14, 2010 Deni rated it did not like it
The pictures are pretty, I guess, but the fashion mag speak is despicable.
Jahncie Cook
Oct 11, 2013 Jahncie Cook rated it really liked it
Shelves: fashion, gossip, girl, style, eric, daman
A great fashion book.
Rowan Stanley
Rowan Stanley rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Eliza marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Ashley Horvat
Ashley Horvat marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Night rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Viktorija Ragauskaitė
Viktorija Ragauskaitė marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2015
Colton rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Peri rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Pinar rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Kanaka Bhosale
Kanaka Bhosale marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

“It's so important to always be yourself. If you do that, you will be successful as you, instead of worrying about trying to conform.” 26 likes