Start by marking “A Blue and Gray Christmas: Christmas Keeps Love and Hope Alive During War” as Want to Read:
A Blue and Gray Christmas: Christmas Keeps Love and Hope Alive During War

A Blue and Gray Christmas: Christmas Keeps Love and Hope Alive During War

Surrender yourself to the forces of love in four engaging Civil War Christmas romances. Join up with Leah Woods as she searches for her missing fiancé in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Stick to your guns with Arabella Lambert as she pledges her allegiance to pacifist Barry Birch, a man labeled a coward. Ride out the storm with Rachel Thornton as she resists her attraction to th ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Blue and Gray Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Blue and Gray Christmas

Paula  Phillips
Mar 19, 2012 Paula Phillips rated it really liked it
Kathleen L. Maher
Nov 13, 2009 Kathleen L. Maher rated it it was amazing
Review for A Blue and Gray Christmas

Four novellas, one seriously cool book. Okay, I admit I am a Civil War buff, BIG TIME, but that can actually play against a CW book if the research is sketchy or the characters not authentic or the plots, implausible. I was thrilled to see none of these pitfalls stuck me in this collection. In fact, I learned a few things, and enjoyed every moment of class.

In Lauralee Bliss’s Till Death Do Us Part, Seth Madison and Leah Woods must survive the invasion and ensu
Kay M
Feb 23, 2014 Kay M rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Four Civil War Christmas Novellas
It’s always heart-wrenching to read stories of the Civil War—such a sad and devastating time in our country’s history. These stories are no exception, though there are rays of hope coming through the carnage.

Shelter in the Storm by Carrie Turansky
This is a wonderful love story between a Union war correspondent and a young woman from Tennessee. The author does an excellent job of depicting various conflicts that would have been present in both the setting and in
Katelyn
Dec 14, 2009 Katelyn rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book because my favorite subject is the civil war and this takes place during that time period. This book will put you in the christmas spirit and in a romantic feeling. It's about the trials you go through when your in love and to take chances for the ones you love. I learned that if you truely love someone with all your heart you should try to forgive them.
Abigail Mitchell
Mar 16, 2012 Abigail Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
All of the story's were great! I think the last one was my favorite, and then the 3rd, 2nd, and least favorite, was the 1st!
Fv
Mar 10, 2014 Fv rated it did not like it
If author really did her research, she would see that all of her Christmas stories are a slap in the face to God.

Christmas is not a holiday any lover of God would celebrate, let alone write about and encourage others to celebrate.

Author does little or no research, but prefers traditions of men over the truth of God's Word.

This is just one small sample of the truth behind the holiday.

God says clearly that truth cannot be mixed with lies and be true worshi
Emily
Sep 29, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
This book was surprising interesting! I'm not usually into historical fiction but all the stories in this book were extremely compelling! I finished the entire book in only a couple hours! As well as being a great story, I learned a little bit more about the war and how it affected people and families. My grandfather gave me this book the christmas before last and I had no interest in it, but now I regret waiting so long before reading it!
Lynnette Franciscus
Dec 04, 2014 Lynnette Franciscus rated it liked it
Four sweet love stories, but because they are short, the "fall in love - run into trouble - solve problems and have a happy ending" cycle feels a bit rushed. The stories, set during the Civil War, are still engaging enough that I actually wanted to finish reading them.
Anna
Dec 16, 2015 Anna rated it did not like it
Nooooooooooo. This wasn't a "book," it was 4 short stories compiled into a book. Any of the stories would have been fine with length to flesh out the story but the short stories tried to accomplish TOO MUCH in the amount of space and the plot was left unbelievable in the short time allotted.
IrenesBookReviews
Feb 12, 2011 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
This has four stories that take place during the Civil War. The stories are well written and easy to read.
Tina
Nov 28, 2014 Tina rated it liked it
This book is actually a collection of four short stories. It had the same title as another book I was seeking at the library, so I couldn't resist picking them both up at the same time.
Melissa
Oct 03, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much I can't even explain. ;)
These are my favorite type if books to read. I would give 100 stars if I could!! :)
Sandie Mixa
Sandie Mixa rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2010
Laura Victoria
Laura Victoria rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Bonnie Blythe
Bonnie Blythe rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2011
Edwina Cowgill
Edwina Cowgill rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2010
Karen Utter Jennings
Karen Utter Jennings rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2013
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2014
Rebecca Carter
Rebecca Carter rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Purple
Purple rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2009
Rhonda Gibson
Rhonda Gibson rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2009
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Marlissa
Marlissa rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2009
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2010
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
Anita Schweppe
Anita Schweppe rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2012
Robin Bayne
Robin Bayne rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2010
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2009
Bestselling author, Vickie McDonough, grew up wanting to marry a rancher, but instead, she married a computer geek who is scared of horses. She now lives out her dreams in her fictional stories about ranchers, cowboys, lawmen and others living in the West during the 1800s. Vickie is the award-winning author of over 40 published books and novellas. Her books include the fun and feisty Texas Boardin ...more
More about Vickie McDonough...