Start by marking “Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke, #3)

Sebastian Darke: Prince of Explorers (Sebastian Darke #3)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  238 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Sebastian Darke; his snarky buffalope, Max; and fierce fighter Cornelius are off on another hair-raising quest after being hired by a rich merchant to seek out the legendary lost city of Mendip. Not only must they find it, they must bring back valuable proof of its existence. Sebastian doubts they’ll reach their destination after trudging through miles of jungle filled wit ...more
Published April 13th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published February 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sebastian Darke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sebastian Darke

Miss Ryoko
Actual rating: 3.5

Well, this is it for the Sebastian Darke series. I really enjoyed it! Each book had a new adventure that was pretty different from the last. This one had the twist of the supernatural with zombie-like creatures called Night Runners, so that was neat. And even though I was sad about it, I was happy there wasn't entirely a happy ending for all the characters. I always appreciate when authors do that.

Philip Caveney is a fantastic writer. The books are easy to read and engaging, an
Phillip
Apr 27, 2011 Phillip rated it liked it
Once again Sabastian Darke, the half elf, ventures forth to make his fortune; this time into the deepest jungles in search of a lost city. Peril seems to stalk our one time jester and his diminutive warrior companion, Cornelius, down any path they follow or, in this case, hack into being with a machete. The presence of danger is almost as interminable as the pessimistic witticisms of the third member of their trio, Max, the sentient buffalope.

Philip Caveney opens up new vistas in his fantasy wor
Vani
Mar 31, 2016 Vani rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s
Alejandro OC
Jul 14, 2012 Alejandro OC rated it it was amazing
Wahyu *alternate me* Nurasman
petualangannya bagus...lumayan menghibur....tapi lainnya seperti buku2 sebelumnya...sedikit membosankan :D
Ang
Mar 04, 2015 Ang rated it liked it
Great series, for clean and good old fashioned adventure fun. Excellent to see the illustrator Julek Heller once again.
Susanti Priyandari
lucu dan konyol...

di sini si Prince of fools resmi berpredikat prince of explorer.

Berkat Aaron, Sebastian tahu bahwa pelawak sejati haruslah bisa melawak di depan anak-anak. Dan, dia berhasil.

Tapi, walaupun pada akhirnya Sebastian bisa berhasil dengan pertunjukan lawaknya di depan anak-anak, dan menikmati kekayaannya, Sebastian merindukan petualangan. Dan akhirnya, mereka bertiga, bersama Max dan Cornelius, ikut Cornelius pulang kampung ke Golmira ....
Mary:)
Feb 01, 2015 Mary:) rated it really liked it
It was pretty cool and hilarious *bored to write a full review*
Ayana
Jan 22, 2012 Ayana rated it it was ok
Shelves: worst-books-ever
Sabastian Darke: Prince of Explorers was very disappointing. It is basically a really bad rip-off of I Am Legend mixed with a boring, annoying, depressing storyline that was already going downhill by the second book. I was hoping that the author would redeem himself in this book and fix the storyline but I was wrong. Not only did it not get better, this book got infinitely WORSE. I was not impressed.
Phillip
Well, our hapless jester is off on another adventure, this time to uncover pirate treasure. The peril and humor blend well in this volume. Tangled in with the complexities of the plot is Sebastian's romance with a seafaring lass, while trying to free himself from a love enchantment with a willowy witch. THis isn't the strongest fantasy fiction I've run across but it is a fun diversion.
Derek
Jul 04, 2010 Derek rated it liked it
This book finishes off the trilogy well. Not too different from the first two, constructionwise: Seb's complicated relationship(s), Moaning Max, small number of characters, et cetera. Not much character development, but the plotline is excellent if a bit predictable in places.
Marie
May 14, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Alysha Starkie
Jun 15, 2011 Alysha Starkie rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome and is perfect for people who love a sense of adventure.
It is about a young elfling and his friends as they go through death trauma and fights with the impossible.
Reccomend to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenn
Aug 23, 2010 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: youth-lit, fantasy, comedy
These books are fun adventure stories and a fun laugh. I Am Legend meets Sebastian Dark and friends.
A
May 04, 2011 A rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: midevil
Hobby
Oct 25, 2013 Hobby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

more about this book, just check my review at here :
( still in progress )
Ellen
Aug 25, 2011 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, series
This book is really good and it has a lot of adventures in it. A good book!!
Martha
Jun 29, 2010 Martha rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, juv-ya
2 1/2 stars. Had some random elements that detracted from the story.
Kimball
May 19, 2011 Kimball rated it it was amazing
The first zombie book that I've read It was sweet.
Rafael
Dec 24, 2012 Rafael marked it as to-read
I trono tenis Book is very good. It also is funy
Alex
Sep 07, 2012 Alex rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
really good. Loved it. amazing.
Indah Threez Lestari
833 - 2012
Tyler
Sep 08, 2010 Tyler rated it really liked it
it was awesome
James Deane
James Deane rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Astin Monastra
Astin Monastra rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Kemsy
Kemsy added it
Jul 23, 2016
Fathul Fadhil
Fathul Fadhil rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
  • Samuel Blink and the Runaway Troll
  • No Other Story (Whole Nother Story, #3)
  • The Whatnot (The Peculiar, #2)
  • Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Fatal Phantom
  • Topeng Kaca: Bidadari Merah Vol. 10
  • Flora's Fury (Flora Trilogy, #3)
  • The Destruction of the Books (The Rover #2)
  • Curses! Foiled Again (Foiled, #2)
  • Sang Pencerah
  • The Best American Comics 2013
  • Grandville Bête Noire (Grandville #3)
  • Till Death Do Us Bark (43 Old Cemetery Road, #3)
  • Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me!
  • Pansy - Series (1-11)
  • How Loathsome
  • Who's The Fairest?
  • Fairy Tales
Philip Caveney was born in North Wales in 1951. The son of an RAF officer, he spent much of his childhood travelling the length and breadth of Britain and spent several years in Malaysia and Singapore.

He attended the Kelsterton College Of Art where he obtained a diploma in Graphic Design. Whilst there, he became drummer (and latterly vocalist) with rock band, Hieronymus Bosch.

After leaving college
More about Philip Caveney...

Sebastian Darke (3 books)
  • Prince of Fools (Sebastian Darke, #1)
  • Prince of Pirates (Sebastian Darke, #2)