Begin Smart Quack! Quack!

Begin Smart Quack! Quack!

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Lamb says “maa,” doggie says “woof,” crow says “caw caw”—and baby laughs with joy. The shiny embossed and laminated pictures of animals seem to jump from the page, inviting babies to reach out and touch. As they become more familiar with the book, children will enjoy imitating the sounds each friendly creature makes.
Board Book, 14 pages
Published December 2nd 2008 by Begin Smart

Aishe
This book is recommended for babies older than one month, but I find the color scheme, with it's use of black, white, and red appeals to our one month old son. He also seems to get a kick out of the repetitive sounds of the animals. I'd say a good early book for infants younger than the those suggested on the back cover. And to think it was one of the books weeded out by our local library! We read it several times a night, several nights a week.
jacky
I liked most things about this book. The illustrations presented the animals in a way that would be appealing to babies. It had the animal sounds. But I thought if all you did was just read it straight through it was a bit scripted. Parents could use a book like Lucy Cousin's Farm Animals and create their own more interesting text that covered the same information and more based on their child's reactions.
Katrina
Jul 21, 2009 Katrina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 6 Months-1 Year Olds
Shelves: boardbook, storytime
Another great installment in the Begin Smart series, this book focuses on encouraging animal recognition, listening, and imitating.
Christine Turner
Christine Turner marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
Latricia
Latricia marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Adrian
Adrian added it
Aug 07, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Angie
Angie added it
Apr 13, 2012
Begin Smart What Does Baby See? Begin Smart What Does Baby Say? Begin Smart What Does Baby Do? Begin Smart Lily's Potty Begin Smart� Bouncy Baby