Start by marking “The Spooky Tire” as Want to Read:
The Spooky Tire

The Spooky Tire (Jon Scieszka's Trucktown)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Trucktown gets spooky just in time for Halloween.

Rev your engines for another Ready-to-Roll in the New York Times bestselling program!

Melvin has a flat tire. When he rolls into a spooky graveyard, he finds just what he needs: a new golden one. But as soon as he puts it on, he hears a spooky voice calling after him, “Who took my golden tire?” Melvin speeds home and hides
Published August 4th 2009 by Simon Spotlight (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Spooky Tire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spooky Tire

Peter Derk
Mar 19, 2015 Peter Derk rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book doesn't make a bit of sense.

We start off with a cement mixer who is driving home after work. This is not only strange because...where does a truck live? If there's no guy driving the truck, couldn't it just sleep at the construction site? But it's also strange because the truck is headed through what's clearly a drug-ravaged neighborhood.

The truck gets a flat, then heads into a junkyard and comes across a golden tire laying in the middle of the floor.

This is why I spent an embarrassing
Jan 19, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I love the Ready to Roll books, not all the board books are good or good for libraries, but the reader series is ideal. It provides print motivation, because kids who love cars or the movie Cars will want to know what happens, and the words are presented in new and interesting ways. This installment is clever, and a little scary, but kids will enjoy laughing at the truck who is scared when it isn't really something to be afraid of.
Karen
I appreciate this one mainly because it's an easy-reader with some personality. With CC in the learning to read phase, some of these easy-readers she brings home leave a lot to be desired...this one was much easier to listen to four times in a row.
Yasuko Takatsuki
Feb 26, 2014 Yasuko Takatsuki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
2013.4.24 100words
I wasn't a big fan of this book. I thought the illustrations were nice, but I kind of wanted more variety in the plot and pictures. I felt like one line was repeated so many times it stopped being meaningful. I also thought the ending could have used a little tweaking - I got the sentiments, but I wanted the text to be more specific. I wouldn't recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Ubalstecha
Melvin has a flat tire and takes a golden tire from the junkyard to replace it. A mysterious voice then chases him home, demanding to know who took the golden tire. Melvin reacts as you think Melvin wood. Not as good as the others in the Turcktown series.
Shannon
Dec 30, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
So good! Hits all the children's Halloween book tropes, but I didn't quite get the ending. Is he running away?
Judy
May 05, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Mikey likes it. In fact, it thrills his little almost-4-yr-old being, and has to be read over and over. I borrowed a copy from the library but have already ordered a copy for the family library.
Kate
Apr 30, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Better than Snow Trucking......but there are better children't series out there.
PWRL
May 16, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2011-new
O
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Irena
Irena added it
Jan 30, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Rosa Cline
Rosa Cline marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
TheDiamondMinecraft Jr
TheDiamondMinecraft Jr marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
YoungKids
YoungKids is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2015
Skprihoda
Skprihoda rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Jnase1
Jnase1 rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Owly
Owly added it
Sep 25, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
MAReK
MAReK rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2015
Aini Marina Ma'rof
Aini Marina Ma'rof rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Tonderdo
Tonderdo rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jon Scieszka is a writer and teacher. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wife and two children. Occasionally he has been known to howl at the full moon. --from the dust jacket of "The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs"

Jon Scieszka is also the author of the best-selling ALA Notable Book, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, as well as Knights of the Kitchen Table, and The Not-So-Jolly Roger
More about Jon Scieszka...

Jon Scieszka's Trucktown (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Smash! Crash!