Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears: Sick Days” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears: Sick Days

The Berenstain Bears: Sick Days (The Berenstain Bears)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Sister is home sick from school. Mama wants to take good care of her so she can get well quickly. It turns out that keeping Sister happy all day long is no small job! Soon both Sister and Mama are more than ready for a return to school.
Published September 22nd 2009 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears

Rosa Cline
I, being a mom, really appreciated this book I would have given it a 5 star from a "MOM' point of view. Ms Berenstain certainly hit the nail on the head with the feelings of "Mama" and she made Papa a wonderful husband and Papa in this story. How charming to have a spouse that kicks in and helps like Papa did at the end of this story.

Sister Bear gets a fever and the story is the day in the life of Sister Bear fighting her fever and being bored in bed and Mama Bear having to take care of sick Si
Summer Cull
Sister bear wakes up sick one morning and has to stay home from school. However, a rest day for her means more work for Mama bear. Mama bear is running around the house trying to take care of Sister and Honey bear while still doing household tasks like laundry, dishes, and meals. The day wears Mama out and she gets sick just like Sister.
I remember reading the Berenstain Bears books when I was little and I loved them. Now reading them again, I think the draw to the book is simply the novelty of
jacky
I rarely give anything 1 star, but I really didn't like this one. I have found memories of other Berenstain Bears books, but they all had a good moral (such as not lying) or story (such as sister bear's arrival). This one was horrible. The point of the book was showing how hard it is for your mom when you are home sick. But, it wasn't a book about being grateful for what your mom does for you. It was really just a picture of how rough it is. If I read this as a little kid, I would feel guilty fo ...more
Shanaria
This story showed what could possibly happen when you get sick for a day and have to stay home from school. In my opinion it showed that sister bear thought she felt much better and could move about as though she was 100% better but she quickly realized she wasn't quite better yet. So that shows that even if you feel a little better you should still continue to rest because your body is not completely ready to function fully.

Have kids draw a picture of how they feel and what they do when they h
Miri
Sister bear is home sick and Mama bear is taking care of her, by the end of the book it's Mama bear who needs taking care of.

Anna
Sister Bear has a fever and can't go to school. Mama Bear runs herself ragged taking care of Sister, tending to baby Honey, and doing household chores. The next day Mama Bear has a fever and Papa stays home to look after her!

Many moms will see themselves in this book!
chucklesthescot
Poor Sister Bear can't go to school today because she has a high fever. With Brother at school and Papa working, Mama Bear has to look after Sister and Honey by herself, while also doing all of the housework. Poor Mama is feeling quite sick at the end of the day as well...
Elizabeth S
This one isn't so much a lecture on any particular moral. But it would help kids see a little how much work it is for adults when kids are sick. I liked that Papa Bear pitched in as much as he could as well as Mama. Good example of parental teamwork.
Jenna McRae
This book tells how it is for most families. The mom staying home with the kids and the dad working. There is a role change among the parents but kids won't notice that. Overall the book was very good for a kid to read.
MsRosas
This book didn't have the same charm as past Berenstain Bears books. And the illustrations, which create a large part of the books' atmosphere, were uninspired.
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Drchubbington
Drchubbington marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Max And
Max And marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Aiden
Aiden added it
Jul 30, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Shannon Ann Bliesner marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Berenstain Bears Hug and Make Up
More about Jan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nursery Tales
  • The Berenstain Bears' Nature Guide
  • The Berenstain Bears' Science Fair (Berenstain Bears)
  • Papa's Pizza
  • The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree
  • The Berenstain Bears Storybook Treehouse
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Wild, Wild Honey
  • Berenstain Bears Go Fly a Kite
  • The Berenstain Bears' Soccer Star (mini book)
  • The Berenstain Bears and The Big Election
The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound! The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat The Berenstain Bears' Sleepover The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect