Me and You

Me and You

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Two artistic friends, paintbrushes in hand ? "I wish I were just like you," says the rabbit to the pig. "I wish I were just like you," says the pig to the rabbit. As the friends use paintbrushes and a few props to adjust tails, ears and noses, something soon becomes clear: they liked each other better before. "I am me and you are you ? that's why we love each other, me and...more
Published August 1st 2009 by Kids Can Press

To ask other readers questions about Me and You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and You

Song for Papa Crow by Marit MenzinIt's Okay to Be Different by Todd ParrThe Ugly Duckling by Jerry PinkneyA Color of His Own by Leo LionniChrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
It's Good To Be Me
41st out of 143 books — 81 voters
The Balloon Tree by Phoebe GilmanLove You Forever by Robert MunschThe Paper Bag Princess by Robert MunschJillian Jiggs by Phoebe GilmanJelly Belly by Dennis Lee
Canadian Books for Young Children
22nd out of 35 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin Reilly-Sanders
I was initially attracted by the lively illustrations that seem to be of watercolour and charcoal on mostly white backgrounds that seemed to convey a lot of joyful emotion. However, I was disappointed by the story which repeated almost every phrase twice without providing illustrations that were thought provoking enough to continue the interest in the monotonous banter between the pig and the rabbit. The story felt too simple to sustain interest and a little confusing on a child's level, present...more
Edward Creter
Cute tale of a bunny and a pig who play country mouse/city mouse by becoming each other, hoping to find a place in their friendship, only to find as we all do and should that the qualities we see in others are qualities we already have. And y'know? It's okay to accept who we are as well as who the other person is.
carissa
Recommended Ages: toddlers - pre-K

Two artistic friends, paintbrushes in hand ... "I wish I were just like you," says the rabbit to the pig. "I wish I were just like you," says the pig to the rabbit. As the friends use paintbrushes and a few props to adjust tails, ears and noses, something soon becomes clear: they liked each other better before. "I am me and you are you ... that's why we love each other, me and you!" This gentle celebration of friendship and individuality by award-winning writer...more
Catherine Austen
Adorable characters, gorgeous pictures, simple sweet text. Very cute book for the very young.
Gwen the Librarian
I wish there was a half a star rating here; I'm waffling between 3 and 4. This is a darling story about two friends who wish they were like each other. Pig paints himself white and puts socks on his ears so he will look like Rabbit. Rabbit paints herself pink and covers her ears so they are short and stubby, like Pig's. In the end they decide they like it better when each is their own normal self. Pretty simple, but just beyond sweet. Let's give it a 4!
A pig and and bunny, best friends, wish they were just like the other. They spend the story wishing for each others ears, tails, and charming ways. They discover that they like each other very much and that "I am me and you are you. That's why we love each other, me and you!"

Recommended for preschool and perhaps kindergarten. A sweet story about good friends.
Emily Pinnick
This book is excellent! It takes something that we do all the time and makes it into a cute story. Everyone always wishes that they were someone else or that they had something that someone else had, and this book does a great job of showing what can happen if you wish you were something else. In the end, the two friends decide to be exactly who they are. Very cute!
Kate
Cute, simple text about young friendship and the joy of just being "you." The friends try to look more like each other (with a series of props) and come to realize how much they appreciate their friend just the way they are. Self-acceptance from an external perspective. Appropriate for toddlers to preschool; a limited word/picture ratio.
Nicole
LOVE this book. I think this book should be a part of any child's library. The story is sweet and simple with a beautiful message - loving others for their differences, but also loving yourself for what makes you personally unique. It's about appreciating the beauty in yourself and others, and celebrating that beauty.
Sandybear76
Two friends are painting and decide they want to be just like the other. So the pig gets long ears - long socks- and the bunny has a curly tail - They add more and more to change themselves so they look like the other. Funny, cute, adorable. I recommended this book to the k-2 teachers at school.
Jess Brown
Bunny and Pig each want to look like the other--as they start to alter their appearances, they discover that they like the way each other looked all along! Cute book that would show little ones that they are best as their own, unique, individual selves. Best for toddlers and preschoolers.
Paul  Hankins
A pig and rabbit wonder would it would be like to be the other friend. The illustrations are priceless as toes get taller, ears get longer, and tails get a little more curly.

A celebration of differences as much as a celebration of being one's self!
Allison
Bunny wishes for a button nose and curly tale like pig
Pig wishes for floppy ears and a cotton candy tale like bunny

They dress up as each other and discover how silly it looks to pretend to be someone else.

Love these illustrations.
babyhippoface
Sweet book about two friends who each want to be like the other one, but eventually realize that changing wouldn't be good, because they like each other just the way they are. Good for sharing one-on-one with the littlest readers.
Kayla
I love this series. It is a picture book about two friends who decide they just want to be themselves. They decide its not a good idea to try to be someone else and to only be YOU! Cute book that will be in my classroom!
Kris
Cute! A very simple story about friends who are different, but want to be like each other, and realize they like the other just the way they are. Especially nice for that early elementary set of girls who want to be "twins".
The Library Lady
The art is charming and expressive. The text edges on the saccharine and misses--just. One step the other way and it would have been perfect for the sort of folks that think "Barney" is good children's TV!
Annji
Another Christmas pressie from my best friend. If you read her inscription at the front of this book, you'd understand why this small children's book earns a rare 5 stars from me.
Megan
Cute tale of a bunny and a pig who each wish they were like the other. Through the illustrations, they gradually start to resemble each other, and then realize how silly they look.
Amy Carr
A very sweet story for preschoolers...illustrates beautifully the importance of loving who you are and appreciating all the things that are wonderful and unique about you.
Edna
Cute illustrations showing how two very different animals (people?) want to look like the other only to find out the real reason why they like each other.
Lindsey Lubker
This book is about two friends who want to be alike but eventually find out they really want to just be themselves. This book has great illustrations.
Kim
Bunny and pig are best friends, but the pig wants to be like rabbit and rabbit wants to be like pig. In the end they are both happy with who they are.
Beth
A pig and a rabbit like traits of each other. Trying to be something that they are not makes both of them look funny. The artwork is playful.
Bethany
Very sweet book about a bunny who wants to be a pig and a pig who wants to be a bunny. A lighthearted take on the topic of just being yourself.
Marie
A simple, charming tale of appreciating ourselves and each other for who we each are. The illustrations of the two friends are delightful.
Susan
Aug 22, 2013 Susan added it
Shelves: jacob-loves
Sweet and gentle art for a kind and affirming story. My little one liked the two friends talking to each other.
Michelle Nero
Adorable illustrations that defines what true friendship is all about: savoring what we love about our friends!
Hannah
Jul 17, 2012 Hannah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is a cute story and my niece loved it. I think we will read it again.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
This book is a keeper! Loved it! Read it to all your little ones!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Without You Starring Me and You What Elephant? Mr. King's Castle Mr. King's Things