7th Heaven

7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club #7)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  29,212 ratings  ·  1,197 reviews
Now available as a value-priced edition!

A terrible fire in a wealthy suburban home leaves a married couple dead and Detective Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin searching for clues. And after California's golden boy, Michael Campion has been missing for a month, there finally seems to be a lead in his case--a very devastating lead.

As fire after fire consume couple...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by Little, Brown & Company (first published 2008)

Anna
I must say, Yuki is really getting on my nerves right now. The books seem to get more boring ever since there is that co-author. I can't help it. I liked Yuki at first but by now I really dislike her. When Jill was still there, you wouldn't spend half of the book reading about the things in court and all that stuff. So I really dislike that. I mean, if I wanted to read about court stuff, I'd buy a book about that. But these books are, in my opinion, about homicide cases and therefore I really di...more
Emily
Jan 11, 2012 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries
I have to tread lightly when reading James Patterson books. I have really liked the Women's Murder Club series, but after the first one, they were almost unreadable. Crazy amounts of sex and bad language, they just weren't for me. The stories were always entertaining but I just hated those other parts. This is by far the best in the series. Hardly any cussing (although there is some) and sex (ditto), it's much more tame than the others. The story was intriguing and tense, made even more so by th...more
Melissa
It has been awhile since I read any of the Women's Murder Club (I'm hereby referring to it as WMC) books by James Patterson. I was waiting for this 7th book to come out in paperback, and even though it's been sitting on my shelves for awhile, I only recently got around to reading it. Don't ask me why, because as I always find out when I start one of Patterson's WMC books, I can't put them down!

While he may not be a literary genius, I do find Patterson's books to be enjoyable, not to mention very...more
7th Heaven had a lot of false starts that got my hopes up only to immediately dash them. The first scene was set at Christmas time, but this was not to be a Christmas mystery. Soon after, the Women's Murder Club embarked on their first annual getaway, only to turn around and come right home. Two exciting premises, nothing more than teases.

The real mystery, a high-profile missing teen cold case, has a reliable lead. Three months after the fact, an anonymous tipster claims to have had seen the tee...more
Pam
02/14/08
TITLE/AUTHOR: 7th Heaven by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Suspense/2008/396
SERIES/STAND ALONE: #7 in Women's Murder Club
TIME/PLACE: Present/San Francisco, CA
CHARACTERS: Lindsay Boxer/Detective; Yuki Castellano/Asst DA Cindy/Journalist; Claire/doctor
FIRST LINES: Tiny lights winked on the Douglas fir standing tall & full in front of the picture window.

COMMENTS: library book. Two storylines keep you turning the pages. The teenage son of recent...more
Stacy

I know I complain about this series every time I write about it, so I am taking this book off. As a matter of fact, this was my favorite book of the series (so far). I thought there was more mystery and surprise in this one than in the others and the relationships of the women moved along nicely.

A poster child for goodwill vanishes and after six months the police finally have a lead and they bring in an angelic looking prostitute for questioning. Lindsay and Conklin are able to get a co...more
Laurel-Rain
San Francisco Police Detective Lindsay Boxer and her Women's Murder Club friends are back with another mystery that had this reader staying up late and rapidly turning pages.

It all begins with the mysterious disappearance of the ex-governor's teenage son, and then spins off into a series of mysterious arson fires of luxurious Bay Area homes, leaving the owners dead. Evidence seemingly leads nowhere.

Meanwhile, lurking in the background, two young men who call themselves Hawk and Pidge are orchest...more
Tara
This one is getting closer...

This book rated more of a 3.5 instead of barely a 3 like the last 2 books. There were several crimes but they were at least a little more focused, although we never really get the reasons behind the crimes anymore. (Although one did have a nice twist that I didn't know for certain, but I felt/hoped it was something like that). Lindsay is was less of a crazy lady in this book, and now I think I understand what was happening in the last few books, especially the last o...more
Suzy Turner
This is the first time I've read a James Patterson book. In fact, it's probably the first time I've ever read anything in this genre (crime drama, I'm guessing??!).
It was given to me by a friend who assured me I would like it. She had read it, her husband had read it and they'd thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well... I guess I did like it but I was surprised by the style. To be honest, I expected something a lot more intricate, if that's the right word. No, it's not really. Something more impressive by a...more
Rainbow
Cláudia
A fast paced read, as usual in James Patterson books, with 2 stories that we don't know if are connected or not - this is one thing that's irritating me in some of Patterson latest books, it seems he's not capable of writing just one story line and so we are pushed from one scenario to another, sometimes a little lost and trying to find a link that most of the times isn't there.
The big story here are the arson attacks, and though I found it compelling throughout the book, the ending was a littl...more
Chana
Very clever! I totally did not see the end of this one. I enjoyed this 7th women's murder club book very much. The story was coherent, it followed the pattern (4 women, 3 crimes and 2 to 3 page chapters) and worked well. It didn't bog down, it was simple without being stupid (mostly), and it had some good surprises. Well the trial happening at all was stupid because they had absolutely no evidence against the suspect except her own confession and people falsely confess all the time. There was no...more
Leonie
An easy read in the sense that it is a collection of super short chapters, simple writing and a decently interesting storyline.

Lindsay Boxer police detective and her friends Cindy the journalist, Claire the ME and Yuki the lawyer call themselves The Women's murder club. I have read one or two of these before but not in order this being the 7th in the series.

There are two main story lines and a couple of subplots to the story. Main story one being a seemingly cold case of a teenage boy, son of...more
Bunny
I don't know why I persist in reading these awful things. I think I originally liked them, back when Patterson was actually writing them, as opposed to putting his name on other people's work. But Maxine's writing style is so mediocre, you just know she would never be published on her own merit.

Seriously, she makes it absolutely impossible to like these characters. There isn't a one I give a crap about, and I hope for at least one of them to bite it each book. This time it was Clare.

Did you kno...more
Becky
(Women's Murder Club,#7) Loved the Michael Campion murder trial back-story! Lindsay and her "partner" Rich scramble to bring down a serial arsonist. This might have been one of my favorites, but I was lost with the Yuki trial and her psycho stalker, and annoyed with Lindsay's relationship issues. Not seeing the "Murder Club" working together on any murders... only margaritas, lol. Definitely taking a break from this series.
Dyana
This 7th in the Women's Murder Club series is another fast-paced story with short chapters. There are two concurrent cases for Detective Linsay Boxer to solve:

1. Lindsay and her new partner, Rich Conklin, investigate arson fires in expensive homes. In each fire a wealthy couple has died and a book with a Latin inscription is left behind by the murderers.

2. The teenage son, Michael Campion, of California's ex-governor was born with an incurable heart defect. He's become famous as the "Boy with a...more
Sabine
Nicht ganz so gut wie die Vorgänger

Ich habe so lange auf diese Fortsetzung gewartet und das Buch am Erscheinungstag von Amazon zugeschickt bekommen. Voller Erwartungen legte ich los: Wie immer eine solide Arbeit von James Patterson, eine gute Geschichte und auch Lindsay und ihre Beziehung zu Joe entwickelt sich langsam weiter. Aber mir persönlich hat etwas gefehlt. Diesmal fahren wir "zweigleisig" - zum einen ist da die Geschichte um den verschwundenen herzkranken Millionärssohn und die Festnahm...more
Nick Duretta
I always feel guilty tearing through a James Patterson book. They're fast-paced, marginally violent, kind of creepy, and more than a little ridiculous. Yet they're certainly addictive. They're the literary equivalent of TV shows like CIS. This one was typical -- empty calories but a lot of fun!
Patricia
I really liked this book a lot. This is the first book that I have read by James Patterson and I understand that it is a series of books which is called the Women's Murder Club. The main character is Lindsay Boxer, a police officer with a male partner, Richie Conklin. The other three women are Yuki, an assistant district attorney, Claire, an autopsy professional,and Cindy, a newspaper reporter. They all have subplots in their lives and are great friends with each other. The subplots are all inte...more
Charly
Jan 22, 2010 Charly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women's Murder Club fans
This series is the only thing I read by Patterson and I am beginning to lose interest here as well. I like the concept but the group working outside the normal boundaries that was there in the beginning is less than it was. Not a bad read, and as usual quick read.
Reveau
Love Patterson. I've read everything he has ever written. Would love to meet him and pick his brain someday. Good mystery series. Finished in 4 days. Love the short chapters he always uses. Ready for the next one.
Ginger Leroy
This is the 7th in the series. The 8th that I've read. It was the most disappointing so far. The end left me unsatisfied. It tied up the story, but not in my opinion successfully. I'll continue on in the story.
Julie
Oct 09, 2010 Julie rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: die-hard Patterson fans
Recommended to Julie by: I read the first 6...
Meh. This one wasn't as exciting, and had some particularly gross parts, even more than the usual for this series. Plus I just have no interest in the whole "Should Lindsay be with Joe or Rich!?!?!" crap.
Erika
This might be my favorite of this series, although I'm ready for Lindsay to figure out she wants Joe. That said, and without any spoilers.... Great ending!!! Very satisfying. :-)
Monica Akinyi Odhiambo
I think the plot was really well put together, especially the fire razers Pidge and Hawk. I was reading this book and thinking how this romance would develop between Yuki Castellano and the crime writer Twilly, only to realize he was a freak. Then to read her 2nd loss of a major court trial, one in 6th target and now 7th heaven and thinking what a hard blow. And Lindsay Boxer falling for her partner yet Joe moved all the way from Washington DC just to settle with her.
I must say though its good...more
Tina
I really love this series and it keeps getting better with each one! In my mind, James Patterson can rarely go wrong in his storytelling. There's always something new going on in his work and twists and turns that I never expected. I especially love following the lives of Lindsay Boxer and her friends, Yuki, Claire, and Cindy. They all bring so much to the story and their characters are really well developed.

7th Heaven is a fast paced story that sucked me in from the first page. California's go...more
Hermioneginny
Settimo libro della serie Women's Murder Club.
Lindsay deve indagare su due nuovi casi, con l'aiuto delle amiche Claire, Yuki e Cindy. La prima indagine riguarda la scomparsa di Michael Campion, figlio dell'ex governatore. Il ragazzo ha gravi problemi di cuore e una telefonata anonima sostiene che sia andato da una prostituta, che confessa la sua morte. Il secondo caso, invece, riguarda alcuni incendi dolosi che hanno come vittime delle coppie facoltose.

Elettrizzante! Non solo ha una fine inimmag...more
Rascar Capac
Once upon a time James Patterson used to be a good writer, and now all those times seem to be stuff of legend, because what he manufactures nowadays, this can hardly be called writing, is too plastic, bland, unreal and BAD to be taken seriously. This book can be singularly called the worst book I have read in the past 15 months. In contention for the title were other Patterson novels like Sail and the 5th Horseman.

No plot, no characters to like this book was the perfect BAD CRIME NOVEL. When I h...more
Beth (Ducky)
Originally posted on my book blog!

Actual rating: 3.75

This book wasn’t as intense or gripping as the other ones. I could easily put this down for a few hours to do something else and hardly think about the book. That’s not to say that the book was bad, it just wasn’t as exciting and thrilling as others in the series. The book starts out with a bang but it fizzled out at times. It’s unfortunate because there were two very interesting plots that were in this book, it just didn’t work.

There is an ar...more
GONZA
Settimo romanzo delle ragazze del club omicidi, capitanate dal nostro sergente di ferro Lindsay Boxer, alle prese stavolta con dei piromani che lasciano citazioni latine e nuova prestazione del solito Patterson dal quale aspettarsi qualcosa che scorre e passa è solo routine, mi stupirebbe leggere qualcosa di suo che mi occupasse più di 3 giorni...
Questa serie di gialli mi piace: l'ho già detto, ci sono affezionata, tra poco tramite ibs arriverà anche quello nuovo di Alex Cross (double cross) e...more
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Michael Campion 6 6 Jul 23, 2014 05:18AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Hawk and Pidge 3 4 Mar 26, 2014 07:25AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Incident at Lindsey's Home 3 3 Mar 26, 2014 03:55AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Closure on the Michael Campion Case 3 5 Mar 26, 2014 03:49AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Rating 4 6 Mar 26, 2014 03:39AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: Joe and Rich 3 4 Mar 26, 2014 03:32AM
*Best Sellers* Bo...: First fire 3 4 Mar 23, 2014 06:44AM
  • Countdown (Eve Duncan, #6)
  • Loitering with Intent (Stone Barrington, #16)
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • Tail Spin (FBI Thriller, #12)
  • Death Dance (Alexandra Cooper, #8)
  • Rough Justice (Rosato & Associates, #3)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
  • Body of Evidence (Kay Scarpetta, #2)
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • Compulsion (Alex Delaware #22)
  • Invisible Prey (Lucas Davenport, #17)
Offical US Site
Offical UK Site
Offical James Patterson Young Adult Site
Offical Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series

The subject of a Time magazine feature called, "The Man Who Can't Miss," James Patterson is the bestselling author of the past year, bar none, with more than 16 million books sold in North America alone. In 2007, one of every fifteen hardcover fiction books sold was a Patter...more
More about James Patterson...
Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross, #2) Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

“Ngu xuẩn là thứ tôi chưa bao giờ đánh giá thấp” 2 likes