Start by marking “7th Heaven” as Want to Read:
7th Heaven

7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club #7)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  41,693 Ratings  ·  1,569 Reviews
Now available as a value-priced edition!

A terrible fire in a wealthy suburban home leaves a married couple dead and Detective Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin searching for clues. And after California's golden boy, Michael Campion has been missing for a month, there finally seems to be a lead in his case--a very devastating lead.

As fire after fire consume couple
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by Little, Brown & Company (first published February 4th 2008)

Krystin Rachel
This was a step up from 6th Target, but barely, and we took that step like this:

We got there, but it wasn't easy. (this is my most favourite gif on all of the internet, B-T-Dubs)

There's a lot of personal drama/love triangle vomit in this one between Lindsay, Joe and her partner Rich. Granted, if it was Joe and Rich who wanted to bang I'd probably be more interested. Alas, I found it all to be kind of hokey and lame. So much so that I assume Maxine Paetro used to write for One Life to Live????

I m
Anna
Sep 13, 2010 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
I must say, Yuki is really getting on my nerves right now. The books seem to get more boring ever since there is that co-author. I can't help it. I liked Yuki at first but by now I really dislike her. When Jill was still there, you wouldn't spend half of the book reading about the things in court and all that stuff. So I really dislike that. I mean, if I wanted to read about court stuff, I'd buy a book about that. But these books are, in my opinion, about homicide cases and therefore I really di ...more
Emily
Dec 03, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like mysteries
I have to tread lightly when reading James Patterson books. I have really liked the Women's Murder Club series, but after the first one, they were almost unreadable. Crazy amounts of sex and bad language, they just weren't for me. The stories were always entertaining but I just hated those other parts. This is by far the best in the series. Hardly any cussing (although there is some) and sex (ditto), it's much more tame than the others. The story was intriguing and tense, made even more so by th ...more
Melissa
Jun 08, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has been awhile since I read any of the Women's Murder Club (I'm hereby referring to it as WMC) books by James Patterson. I was waiting for this 7th book to come out in paperback, and even though it's been sitting on my shelves for awhile, I only recently got around to reading it. Don't ask me why, because as I always find out when I start one of Patterson's WMC books, I can't put them down!

While he may not be a literary genius, I do find Patterson's books to be enjoyable, not to mention very
Bunny
Jun 13, 2014 Bunny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I persist in reading these awful things. I think I originally liked them, back when Patterson was actually writing them, as opposed to putting his name on other people's work. But Maxine's writing style is so mediocre, you just know she would never be published on her own merit.

Seriously, she makes it absolutely impossible to like these characters. There isn't a one I give a crap about, and I hope for at least one of them to bite it each book. This time it was Clare.

Did you kno
 Imene
الجزء السابع و السلسلة لا تزال تحتفظ بشيء من بريق جزئها الأول من حيث الحبكة القصصية على الأقل
ولـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــكن
الحوارات بين الشخصيات لا يزال أكثر ما يزعجني...و كانك تقرأ حوارا بين مجموعة من المراهقات لا مجموعة
. من الراشدات اللواتي يملكن وظائف صعبة
الحياة الخاصة للشخصية الرئيسية ليندسي عندما يتم التطرق اليها تحس و كأنها تنتمي لرواية كلاسيكية أو درامية أو
. أي شيء غير رواية بوليس
Tara
This one is getting closer...

This book rated more of a 3.5 instead of barely a 3 like the last 2 books. There were several crimes but they were at least a little more focused, although we never really get the reasons behind the crimes anymore. (Although one did have a nice twist that I didn't know for certain, but I felt/hoped it was something like that). Lindsay is was less of a crazy lady in this book, and now I think I understand what was happening in the last few books, especially the last o
Jul 23, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
7th Heaven had a lot of false starts that got my hopes up only to immediately dash them. The first scene was set at Christmas time, but this was not to be a Christmas mystery. Soon after, the Women's Murder Club embarked on their first annual getaway, only to turn around and come right home. Two exciting premises, nothing more than teases.

The real mystery, a high-profile missing teen cold case, has a reliable lead. Three months after the fact, an anonymous tipster claims to have had seen the tee
Stacy
Jan 22, 2013 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I know I complain about this series every time I write about it, so I am taking this book off. As a matter of fact, this was my favorite book of the series (so far). I thought there was more mystery and surprise in this one than in the others and the relationships of the women moved along nicely.

A poster child for goodwill vanishes and after six months the police finally have a lead and they bring in an angelic looking prostitute for questioning. Lindsay and Conklin are able to get a co
Suzy Turner
This is the first time I've read a James Patterson book. In fact, it's probably the first time I've ever read anything in this genre (crime drama, I'm guessing??!).
It was given to me by a friend who assured me I would like it. She had read it, her husband had read it and they'd thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well... I guess I did like it but I was surprised by the style. To be honest, I expected something a lot more intricate, if that's the right word. No, it's not really. Something more impressive by a
Pam
Feb 10, 2008 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
02/14/08
TITLE/AUTHOR: 7th Heaven by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Suspense/2008/396
SERIES/STAND ALONE: #7 in Women's Murder Club
TIME/PLACE: Present/San Francisco, CA
CHARACTERS: Lindsay Boxer/Detective; Yuki Castellano/Asst DA Cindy/Journalist; Claire/doctor
FIRST LINES: Tiny lights winked on the Douglas fir standing tall & full in front of the picture window.

COMMENTS: library book. Two storylines keep you turning the pages. The teenage son of recent
Cláudia
A fast paced read, as usual in James Patterson books, with 2 stories that we don't know if are connected or not - this is one thing that's irritating me in some of Patterson latest books, it seems he's not capable of writing just one story line and so we are pushed from one scenario to another, sometimes a little lost and trying to find a link that most of the times isn't there.
The big story here are the arson attacks, and though I found it compelling throughout the book, the ending was a littl
Rebecca
(Women's Murder Club,#7) Loved the Michael Campion murder trial back-story! Lindsay and her "partner" Rich scramble to bring down a serial arsonist. This might have been one of my favorites, but I was lost with the Yuki trial and her psycho stalker, and annoyed with Lindsay's relationship issues. Not seeing the "Murder Club" working together on any murders... only margaritas, lol. Definitely taking a break from this series.
Nicole Alycia
Aug 06, 2015 Nicole Alycia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is just so good!! Not as good as the Michael Bennett series, in my opinion, but still amazing!
This book follows two crimes: the disappearance of the former senators son with a medical condition and a serial arson case.
I did not see the outcome of either coming! You more or less knew who did it the whole time but still ... The ending made my jaw drop because it was the last thing I expected. That could just be me.
I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Charly
Dec 30, 2009 Charly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Women's Murder Club fans
This series is the only thing I read by Patterson and I am beginning to lose interest here as well. I like the concept but the group working outside the normal boundaries that was there in the beginning is less than it was. Not a bad read, and as usual quick read.
Reveau
Mar 29, 2008 Reveau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Patterson. I've read everything he has ever written. Would love to meet him and pick his brain someday. Good mystery series. Finished in 4 days. Love the short chapters he always uses. Ready for the next one.
Erika
Sep 23, 2011 Erika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This might be my favorite of this series, although I'm ready for Lindsay to figure out she wants Joe. That said, and without any spoilers.... Great ending!!! Very satisfying. :-)
Marleen
For me personally, reading the entire Women’s Murder Club series in a row make the various story-lines and plots flow from one into the other. Not that it matters much, because I have to admit that the plots are only used as a vehicle to carry the 4 women’s character development. The short chapters help the reader fly through these books.
As I said before, Lindsay Boxer’s team of South SFPD detectives are not the sharpest in the bunch. Most of the time they are not capable of thinking outside the
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
I can't tell ;)
Worst Part: I don't believe it much.
Thoughts Had: Eh.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Why would this random two kids just decided to follow this com
Berke
Aug 02, 2014 Berke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tina
Mar 24, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I really love this series and it keeps getting better with each one! In my mind, James Patterson can rarely go wrong in his storytelling. There's always something new going on in his work and twists and turns that I never expected. I especially love following the lives of Lindsay Boxer and her friends, Yuki, Claire, and Cindy. They all bring so much to the story and their characters are really well developed.

7th Heaven is a fast paced story that sucked me in from the first page. California's go
Laurel-Rain
Feb 25, 2012 Laurel-Rain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
San Francisco Police Detective Lindsay Boxer and her Women's Murder Club friends are back with another mystery that had this reader staying up late and rapidly turning pages.

It all begins with the mysterious disappearance of the ex-governor's teenage son, and then spins off into a series of mysterious arson fires of luxurious Bay Area homes, leaving the owners dead. Evidence seemingly leads nowhere.

Meanwhile, lurking in the background, two young men who call themselves Hawk and Pidge are orchest
Rainbow
Jun 15, 2008 Rainbow rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pr Latta
[audio - wish the Overdrive editions had the cover art] - Listening to this is like having the television on in the background while "watching" a crime drama. Few nuances, a lot of "girl bonding," chases, fires -- drama not thriller. And literally, the "leave you hanging until next time" with some story threads. The writing isn't good enough for a stand alone -- you'd need to be following the series for much of this to make sense and to actually have any reason to read this title. Spoilers: Clai ...more
Jjudyfl
Two arsonists/murderers greet us from the first several pages. SFPD Sergeant Lindsay Boxer needs to sort it all out, while solving the disappearance of a well known teenager and dealing with her own problems. She has a super bond with her partner at work and a whining boyfriend. Her apartment is destroyed by fire. Connected to the case or not?
As usual she is "aided" by her friends, the so called Women's Murder Club. Cindy, the reporter, can't seem to keep quiet, & Yuki, the lawyer, makes s
Lynn
Sep 05, 2014 Lynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In 7th Heaven, Lindsay and her partner Rich are once again trying to solve multiple crimes simultaneously. The 18 year-old son of the former governor is missing, which is particularly alarming as he has a potentially fatal heart condition. There have also been a rash of home fires, resulting in fatalities, and involving the affluent parents of college students.

While this novel involved all the suspense and action of the previous six in the series, it didn't grab me quite as much as they usually
Julie
Oct 09, 2010 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: die-hard Patterson fans
Recommended to Julie by: I read the first 6...
Meh. This one wasn't as exciting, and had some particularly gross parts, even more than the usual for this series. Plus I just have no interest in the whole "Should Lindsay be with Joe or Rich!?!?!" crap.
Nick Duretta
Dec 14, 2011 Nick Duretta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always feel guilty tearing through a James Patterson book. They're fast-paced, marginally violent, kind of creepy, and more than a little ridiculous. Yet they're certainly addictive. They're the literary equivalent of TV shows like CIS. This one was typical -- empty calories but a lot of fun!
Melody
WOW!!!! I never expected that ending!!!

As usual this is a total page-turner story featuring the Women's Murder Club which I have become quite a huge fan of. I hope that Nr Patterson continues to write more books about them!
Ginger Leroy
This is the 7th in the series. The 8th that I've read. It was the most disappointing so far. The end left me unsatisfied. It tied up the story, but not in my opinion successfully. I'll continue on in the story.
  • Loitering with Intent (Stone Barrington, #16)
  • T is for Trespass (Kinsey Millhone, #20)
  • Scarpetta (Kay Scarpetta, #16)
  • Countdown (Eve Duncan, #6)
  • Hell Hole (John Ceepak Mystery, #4)
  • Tail Spin (FBI Thriller, #12)
  • Strangers in Death (In Death, #26)
  • Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)
  • Killer Takes All (Stacy Killian, #2; The Malones, #3)
  • The Murder Book (Alex Delaware, #16)
  • Courting Trouble (Rosato & Associates, #7)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
  • 11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)

“Ngu xuẩn là thứ tôi chưa bao giờ đánh giá thấp” 2 likes