Start by marking “Trumpet Voluntary” as Want to Read:
Trumpet Voluntary

Trumpet Voluntary

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Modern, original fiction for learners of English. A musician disappears, leaving only a strange e-mail message. Her husband, in a desperate search to find her, revisits their shared past and has to face up to some unpleasant realities, before trying to rebuild his life. His journey of discovery takes us across the world to Poland and Rio and deep into the human heart.
Audio
Published January 28th 2000 by Cambridge University Press (first published May 13th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Trumpet Voluntary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trumpet Voluntary

Jun H
Feb 20, 2008 Jun H rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Student who try to learn English.
Shelves: fiction
Tini2510
Namiko
I first thought it was a romance story but I found it a detective story too. It is one of the stories I cannot stop reading until the end.

It is very sad when you find out that you are someone's second best. Derek, Rachel, and Malgosia herself. I was glad it turned out that the "second bests" became just "the Bests!"
Olivia kim
This book is really exciting. From the beginning, i could not take my eyes off. Two different sources, music and a detective story, which seem never matched, are harmonized well in this book. One day, a wife disappeared, a husband set out on the road to find her,and finally he faced the truth about his wife. In addition, he opened his eyes to his life and real love.
I would like to discribe my reveiw with music. During the whole time, the up-beat tempo of the big drum reverberated in my mind. At
Hyein
I read this book with an excitement. It make me curious about how the story will be going to go in the end. Even though I couldn't understand the main character's feeling or ending of this book, this book fasinated me. There was no dragging or slow tempo. The accidents happened in the first of the story and the hero traces it one by one. The story didn't have any unnecessary part. I liked it!
Robert
This book is WOW! I didn't expect from this book to be so good. When I have read the first chapter I thought that it was a romance novel, after I discovered that was actually a thriller and an adventure novel with detectives and police. The emotions of the narrator are just so powerful and make you think about that sad feelings. I recommend this book.
hima saki
a musician disappear leaving only a strange email behind her
her husband search for her
revisits their shared past and has to face up to some unpleasant realities
before trying to rebuild his life
his journey of discovery takes us across the world to rio and deep into human heart
Dana
Were reading this book in english class, and I just cannot remember reading such a bad book. ...more
Maryam
It is kind of a confusing book
Olga Drugachenok
Olga Drugachenok marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Mozammil Khan
Mozammil Khan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ahmed AlZughaibi
Ahmed AlZughaibi marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Charly
Charly marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Khaingsulei
Khaingsulei marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
María Arango Pérez
María Arango Pérez marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Rocío
Rocío added it
Mar 08, 2015
Júlia Domuro
Júlia Domuro marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
رتاج الامل
رتاج الامل marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Luisa Fernanda
Luisa Fernanda marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Yeli Jurado
Yeli Jurado marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Practice of English Language Teaching How to Teach English How to Teach Writing Teaching and Learning Grammar Essential Teacher Knowledge: Core Concepts in English Language Teaching [With DVD]