Itsy Bitsy & Teeny Weeny

Itsy Bitsy & Teeny Weeny

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Raised as "siblings," a rejected lamb and orphaned fawn spend a summer together. But nature takes its course and the two animals go their separate ways: one back to a life in the wild and the other on to domestic farm life.
Published April 20th 2009 by Sleeping Bear Press (first published March 2009)

Sarah BT
This is another animal themed Show Me Readers Award nominee, but thankfully it's light on the sap that many of the animal books come with.

The book never says anywhere that it's based on a true story, but I'm guessing it is, since the author also the narrator and it seems as though she's retelling an experience she had on her farm. The illustrations by Gijsbert van Frankenhuyzen are well done and they almost look like cross stitch with the subtle lines on every page.

The story has a "message" b...more
Angie
This is a 2011 MO Show Me Readers Award Nominee. I am assuming it is based on a true story off the author's note in the beginning of the book. It was an entertaining read. I enjoyed the illustrations and the story. The message wasn't heavy handed, but it wasn't too subtle that it won't be understood by the kids reading it either. I think children will enjoy this animal book.
Kim
On the same day, the people of Hazel Ridge Farm need to rescue a newborn lamb and a fawn. They quickly become "the twins" and are raised together until the day comes that the deer must be set free.
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Laura added it
Jul 17, 2011
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2011
Farhad
Farhad marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2010
Adopted By An Owl: The True Story of Jackson the Owl (The Hazel Ridge Farm Stories) Saving Samantha: A True Story I Love You Just Enough Kelly of Hazel Ridge